Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

Round 9: Twin Ring Motegi - Grand Prix (Feb 23)

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
LMP2/GT3 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
MotegiGP.png

Race Time of day: 2021-02-20 09:25 1x
Race Length: 60 minutes
Max Incidents: Drive through at 13x, DSQ at 18x
Max Fuel: 100% for LMP2, 75% for GTE
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 0

Last edited:

teddywoods72

Premium Member
Name
Ted Loewendick
iRacing ID
HosTed session is scheduled to launch, Monday @ 7PM ET.
Length: 5 Hours.
Starting State: 50% Usage
Static Conditions.

La sesión está programada para iniciarse el lunes a las 7 p.m. ET.
Duración: 5 horas.
Estado inicial de la pista: 50% de uso
Condiciones estáticas.

round9.png

westracing01

Name
Michael Ross
iRacing ID
After running two races here over the weekend... I'm optimistic that if we have good turnout for tomorrow, this could be the best race of the season.

It's deceptive, but this joint is EXTREMELY racy. So many opportunities for attack and defense and you can race very, very hard and do it cleanly.

That's assuming Stephen or some of our other very fast Porsche comrades don't walk it on us... LOL.

Ken Rodriguez

Organizer
GT3 Sprint Series 2022/S2
Name
Kenneth Rodriguez
iRacing ID
I will be sitting this one out as I have a prior commitment elsewhere. I'll be sure however to log into the session so I can record the 1st lap Orange Zone.

Have fun guys.

brettclutch

Name
Brett Barrett
iRacing ID
This is my first time on this track, had to purchase it even this week. I gotta say it's easily a favorite track on iRacing at the moment. However my pace is way off still, the corners are easy but to get to VRS level pace (which you all tend to run close too) I'm missing something just like normal for most of the season for me lol. You guys are all crazy fast all I can do is just have fun to try to keep up and try to finish the race on the lead lap. I feel like I'm missing some minor/critical piece in my toolbox for speed on these cars. Still can't figure it out. GL everyone tomorrow.

Also do make sure you figure out where the pit entrance is, if you try to wing it like I learned the hard way it won't be good. It's super foggy and hard to see, and there are two pit entrances apparently. Wonder how that will work with all the cars if it will overflow to secondary and then how do you know which not to pit into? I had to do a drive-through since I missed my dude :(

westracing01

Name
Michael Ross
iRacing ID
Back your corners up a little so you're easier on the brake getting into the corner and then try to late apex it. There are a lot of corners here past 90* and you absolutely have to maximize corner exit speed. Keep a tighter line than you think you should in the Esses, get off the brake before turn in at the 90* right at the end of the back straight so you can get on the power faster. You want to try to carry maximum speed into the double L then R final chicane so use all the road available to you.

The crucial piece of setup is being able to run T4 flat. Once you get to the power in the middle of the T3-4 double apex and you're turning into/through T4 you don't want to have to peddle it.

Patience and being smooth will reward you here. I don't mean patience in traffic or while racing, I mean patience with the course itself. Wait half a heartbeat longer than you think you need to before getting back on full throttle.

If you happen to left foot brake, that's an advantage here to get the car to take a set and rotate on entry.

StevoHad50

Name
Stephen Asch
iRacing ID
Sorry I left while you were talking at the end there Michael... muscle memory accident.

Super fun race tonight I must say. The Porsche and Motegi are a match made in heaven. Michael you had super good pace in that Ford but got a little screwed over by traffic. After I broke your draft the second time I found a few extra tenths which definitely helped. The RSR is absolutely electric on low fuel which allowed me to have a pretty conservative pit stop which was nice.

Still all to play for with the last track being Monza. Anything can happen in that 1st corner on lap 1... Praying its a clean one but its been nicknamed Memeza for a reason:ROFLMAO:. Been a fun season with everyone and looking forward to the finale showdown.

westracing01

Name
Michael Ross
iRacing ID
Congrats to Stephen on the win and Rafael for a well deserved podium!

Damnit... It's hard when you drive the best race of the season and come home second. No mistakes, at least nothing ridiculous, saved the tires, had pace... Traffic giveth and traffic taketh away.

Car never really fell off. I was within a tenth of my best lap even after the pit stop. Those tight 120 degree corners on the backside, you lose so much time when the LMP2's are coming through. It's not anyone's fault, might've been a couple moves I'd really like to have seen them wait for the straight, but I saw some hot battles coming and I knew with only a couple seconds of gap no one was going to wait.

I just wish Carl had driven 10-15 seconds faster than he did. I counted on 35 laps, not 34. That extra fuel cost precious time.

Really needed that one. Anything can happen at Monza, but with a 16 point lead, Stephen just needs to keep it on the track, unless we wind up with 20 GTE cars, which seems unlikely.

Monza's going to be really tough. The Ford is down on top end speed as it is and the Porsche is blisteringly quick in a straight line. Have to see what I have left in my bag of tricks.

Kind of got a Grand Prix feel to it... 3 drivers still alive with a mathematical shot at the title going to Monza...

Bryan Vorce

Name
Bryan Vorce
iRacing ID
Bryan Vorce I'm very sorry and that incident on lap 1 :( I went to wide, hot the grass and lost control :(
It’s fine man, I’m struggling with this class of cars. I can’t seem to figure them out. My crew chief stopped responding to me during the race and the spotter went out for some reason too. He was sending me other info but wouldn’t respond nor was I hearing where cars were around me so I parked it. Pretty frustrated. I knew it would be hard coming back after 8 months away and now with all new equipment but yeah I’ve never driven GTE until Silverstone really. Idk pretty bummed out. Haven’t raced at a track I knew yet but I doubt it will help if I did. Lol hope gt3 next season goes better.

rrusso

Premium Member
Name
Rafael Russo
iRacing ID
First of all Congrats to Asch and Ross for the amazing pace.

My goal was to try to start in the middle of u two and make some noise hehehe...but wasnt possible

Its not the best track for corvette specially due to the low speed corners...but even its not the worse

Had a tough and fun battle with Montini wich made us loose a bunch of time from the leaders...after that i just had to manage the pace and wait until the end

Also made the wrong calculation about laps...tough would be 35 and put some unnecessary gas

Im not sure if my wife will "release" me for the final race because its her birthday...so i would like to thank u all for the amazing Season...hope to see all in the next one.

Thanks a lot

Hotwir3

Name
Tyler DeZubay
iRacing ID
brettclutch almost every corner you're turning more than 90 degrees and that's a big challenge to (1) not overdrive and maintain grip and (2) figure out when you can get back on the gas.