Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2021 Season 2 Signups are open !

GT3 Sportscar Series is now full but we still have room in the Tuesday LMP2/GTE Sportscar Series for our sportscar enthusiasts.

For our NASCAR Drivers, we have a few more spots in the Sunday Cup Series and the Wednesday Truck Series is closed.

Our open wheel Indy Pro 2000 series also has a few spots left for Season 2.

Round 9: Summit Point Raceway - Full Course (16 Aug)

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
 ​
Sponsor this circuit for only $6.95 USD

[circuit_7][/circuit_7]​

Time of day: Afternoon
Race Length: 30 minutes
Max Incidents: 30
Max. fuel: 100%
Start: Standing
Fast Repair: 1

Pre-Race Interview
1. With only 2 rounds remaining, things are starting to tighten up. The race for second place behind Justin will be a good battle. Who is going to take it?
2. Classic skippy circuit this week. While it is a simple track, getting it right can be tough. How do you prepare for a race?
3. Paints - do you do your own?

DeamingPie

Organizer
Full Name
Erik Luke
iRacing ID
Coming out of 7 all the way to turn one looks like draft passing central. That's one of the reasons I like these cars so much. At Spa for example, in one of the official races I qualified P7 and P1 set the pole time of 1:47xxx. I was able to stick to P1 for the entire race thanks to the draft. The draft helps keep things close for us mortals.

paulwildridge

Premium Member
Full Name
Paul Wildridge
iRacing ID
1. With only 2 rounds remaining, things are starting to tighten up. The race for second place behind Justin will be a good battle. Who is going to take it?
-Dumb question... Justin cuz I'm taking first lol. Ok in all seriousness Matt is consistently faster lately, and Owen is a hell of a driver too so it will be tight. I gotta quit making mistakes and capitalize. Running "smart" isn't working so it's time to attack all times.

2. Classic skippy circuit this week. While it is a simple track, getting it right can be tough. How do you prepare for a race?
-Drink beer and practice on wednesdays. If I want that second place I may need to do a little more beer.

-Half and half. Owen painted this seasons car and my endurance car is always painted by John Stetzel. I will be doing the Friday league car for me and Tyler if we team up. I will share it here for all to see when done.

crich88848

Premium Member
Full Name
Christopher Richards
iRacing ID

Not me....

Well, I definitely don't get a$$ rammed.

David is THE MAN! Although his wife may disagree. BBBBBIIIICCHHHHH

CajunGrit

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
David Hebert
iRacing ID

My heart says Paul.  But the way Gunner's been driving, Paul better get his shit together, do more beers and stop getting his ass rammed.  I mean, I tried to tell him to clench his butt cheeks last week...but I guess a tiger can't change his stripes...

Typically I start practicing the next week's track on Friday.  Just a few laps here and there when I get a few minutes.  Then if possible I like to run an official race right after the weekly reset.  I find that the first day of official racing is the most dangerous.  No one knows the layout and you have to drive defensive enough to not get hit but fast enough to not get caught...and hit as the try to pass you.  So it's a bit like driving with a live cougar in the car with you.  So before you can do any real drivin', you gotta make friends with that fear.  If you're calm, then that wonderous big cat will be calm too.  But if you're scared, that beautiful death machine will do what God made it to do.  Namely, eat you with a smile on it's face.

Sure do!  One of the benefits of being a professional photographer is that I've spent hundreds of hours in photoshop.  Painting liveries is my favorite week 13 pastime.  The skippy is obviously my favorite car to paint.  I'm most familiar with it's layout in photoshop, but the GT3 Audi is also one of my favorites (with all it's winglets, it's real easy to make it look real cool!).  Most of the things I've done so far are just personal projects for whatever me and my buddy Phil were driving at the time.  Most incorporating my home region's Acadiana flag (Fun Fact: #1 it's the flag I race under being a full blooded Cajun.  We actually come from the Nova Scotia area technically making me part Canadian!)  Ever since I went Trading Paints Pro I've made most of my stuff unlisted.  BSR's banana car is one of my favorite ones I've done so far!  But I'm also really digging our White Flag Racing livery.  It gives the boxy turd some curves and makes it look faster than it really is.  I'd love to paint more liveries, so if any of you are looking to get fresh just let me know what you have in mind and I'll gladly get to painting!

Painting race suits is pretty straight forward, but painting helmets is sort of a nightmare!  The photoshop file wraps around the in game helmet really awkwardly, mostly on the top of the head part of the helmet.  Which is the part of the helmet most seen on the on board roll bar camera.  I've been slowly updating my personal helmet for over a year now.  But the learning curve for helmets is really high, and I find that the people hanging out in the iRacing Paint Room forums aren't very keen on giving advice on helmets.  There's a few guys sharing some really helpful overlays on a lot of the IMSA type cars, but it's like the guys painting helmets want to keep it a secret or something.  iRacing includes some "predesigned" paint jobs now in the photoshop file, so making some custom lids is a little easier.  But recreating real drivers' helmets is still a pain in the butt.  (Fun Fact #2: Paul and I both have bears on the sides of our helmets.  Neat-o!!!)

Anyways, hit me up.  I love painting.

To check out more of my paints, here's my TP page....but most of the good ones are unlisted:

https://www.tradingpaints.com/profile/168238/David-Hebert

CajunGrit

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
David Hebert
iRacing ID
crich88848 said:
David... my man... I don't care what your wife says... I need a paint job for the street stock!

You really think I'd let White Flag Racing make left turns without looking good?  :lol:

paulwildridge

Premium Member
Full Name
Paul Wildridge
iRacing ID
Dave glad you notice cuz i was meaning to ask why the bear? Mine is from my nickname Panda. Have had it for 13 years and answer to it as quickly as I do Paul.

crich88848

Premium Member
Full Name
Christopher Richards
iRacing ID
paulwildridge said:
Dave glad you notice cuz i was meaning to ask why the bear? Mine is from my nickname Panda. Have had it for 13 years and answer to it as quickly as I do Paul.

You just might regret letting us know that...

CajunGrit

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
David Hebert
iRacing ID
Paul:

My bears are my subtle attempt at trying to help people pronounce my last name. I know it looks like he-bert, but it's A-bear....hence....bears!

Chris:
I'm keeping with the WFR brand so we'll look similar to our skippy...but the SS version of that. It's looking good so far! Just gotta make a few lines on the hood line up with the lines on the front grill and add all our sponsor logos.

Gunner

Organizer
Full Name
Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID
Pre-Race Interview

Tough call.  I have had a few good races lately, but it is tough to keep up to Owen and Panda.  Honestly I need Panda to mess up somewhere to gain the points that I need.  Belle island will probably kill me, so finishing order Panda Owen Matt.

If I have the time, just turn laps.  I usually get a feel for the track first, then watch the video posted on the official forums to see what I am doing differently.  Then I will see how close to the limit I can drive consistently.  Hard part is the track temperature effects this car SO much.  A couple degrees can make a noticeable difference.  So raceday can always be a bit of adapting on the fly.

Absolutely not haha.  That would involve creativity, and I have none.  Usually just steal from trading paints, unless Tyler does a team paint job. 

EDIT:  spelling errors. 

bonaduce

Premium Member
Full Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1. With only 2 rounds remaining, things are starting to tighten up. The race for second place behind Justin will be a good battle. Who is going to take it?[/font]
    Not me

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2. Classic skippy circuit this week. While it is a simple track, getting it right can be tough. How do you prepare for a race?[/font]
    With summer being here, kids camp, and obligations I really don't get to prepare.  Try to get a couple hours in before the league race but not always able to.  Been so busy I haven't even ran an official race this season.

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]3. Paints - do you do your own?[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]   Yes, but I tend to keep them simple, and almost always centered around 80's metal, most of my livery is KISS themed.[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]dan[/font]

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Don't forget Owen, I think he's still in the game!

I'll be practicing Thursday from 6, 6:30 PM to be prepare. It's all about being comfortable with the flow of the track.

No, first I don't know how and second I don't have time! I ask for help or I try to find a cool one on Trading Paints!