Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 1 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for 2022 Season 1 are currently open for all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Round 9: Snetterton Circuit - 300 (Feb 8)

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Snetterton - 300.png

Sponsor this circuit for only $6.95 USD

[circuit_7][/circuit_7]​

Race Length: 50 Minutes
Start Type: Standing Start
Fuel Amount: 22%
Weather: Dynamic Weather
Time of Day: Morning

Pre-Race Interview
1. Snetterton is a relatively new track for most of us. What do you think of it?
2. How many hours a week do you spend racing including practice, setups, etc.?
3. If you could drive any car / track combination in real life, what would it be?

Gunner

Organizer
Formula 3 Series 2021/S4
F3 Amateur Series 2022/S1
Name
Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID
Tough little track to get right, simple enough layout, but surprisingly very technical.  I haven't done a lot of laps yet, and there is still a lot of time left on the table.  I will try to improve through the weekend and keep this updated.  

Default Morning weather
Track state 25%
Best- 1:40.715
Opt- 1:40.584

View attachment VRS 2017 S4 Snetterton R (B Set).sto

That is the setup I used.  The blap and olap files are on google drive again here  https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AJS-0jDrdr02rEnKv3u4l0VRMN0Prpej (can anyone confirm this actually worked for them?)

Low 1:40's are possible around here, so lots of room to improve.  Let me know if you guys find this useful.

Updated after a practice session Owen hosted (Thanks!).  Note the weather was still morning, but a cool track of 24C.  Default weather is a bit warmer than that.

Gunner

Organizer
Formula 3 Series 2021/S4
Name
Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID
I usually don't do anything like this but I have some extra free time this weekend so had a go of it.  The quality of my 4$ amazon microphone really shows, so sorry for that (is it bad on teamspeak too? maybe I should buy a 6$ one  :D)  Anyways, I like watching Thomas Jordans lap guides when practicing for a track, helps me really figure it out.  I haven't been able to find anything for this track, so here you have it.  Not perfect, but if it helps anyone then good enough!  

Feel free to comment if you have any improvements or suggestions I have overlooked in the vijeyo.

[youtube]-C1HW5tQw8o[/youtube]

TRG

Director
Staff member
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2021/S4
Formula 3 Series 2021/S4
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Thanks for posting this. It will help - I have 0 laps around this track!

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 3 Series 2021/S4
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Pre-race interview is up!

paulwildridge

Premium Member
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S1
Name
Paul Wildridge
iRacing ID
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1. Snetterton is a relatively new track for most of us. What do you think of it? Looks like a *****[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2. How many hours a week do you spend racing including practice, setups, etc.? For PRL maybe 3.5 hours depending on when the wife lets me get on. I wish I could do more but with running the endurance events also I have to ration my time. As the kids get old my time on iracing will get longer.[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]3. If you could drive any car / track combination in real life, what would it be? I have 3Either Monaco in a 2008 BMW f1 car (most bada$$ looking F1 imo), Road Atlanta in a Porsche 911 RSR, or IMS in a 1993 Indycar. [/font]

Gunner

Organizer
Formula 3 Series 2021/S4
Name
Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Pre-Race Interview
1. Snetterton is a relatively new track for most of us. What do you think of it?[/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]It is a decent track to drive around.  It is pretty satisfying to get a lap right here. Get it wrong and you pay though. I see it being difficult to pass here, but still possible.[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
2. How many hours a week do you spend racing including practice, setups, etc.?[/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Probably average about 4 hours. Depends on the week. Soon to be less, baby is going to be here soon! [/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
3. If you could drive any car / track combination in real life, what would it be?[/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Tough one.  I would love to drive any V12 F1 car around monza. Probably rip my head off, but worth it! [/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]http://precisionracingleague.com/forum/app.php/postlove/toggle/20114[/font]

Gunner

Organizer
Formula 3 Series 2021/S4
Name
Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID
I will do my very best to be there for the race guys. The baby has arrived (fingers and toes intact so all is well) It may be up to the wife's discretion, or the 3 year olds behavior! Hope to see you guys on track.

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 3 Series 2021/S4
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Due to your poor planning, midseason babies result in all of your points going to your teammate as per section 422.0.3.6.69 part Z of the PRL Secret Scoring addendum.

SuperHawk

Name
Congratulations Matt!!!!! Boy or girl?

I think the rules state that if you have a baby midseason that all of your points are to be eliminated including your team championship points. Per section 503.45.6.34 Ammendment C.

BTW, found out yesterday, no Chemo for at least a month, so you all are stuck with me, lol.

Gunner

Organizer
Formula 3 Series 2021/S4
Name
Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID
Hey thanks everyone! Michael, we had (another) boy! Glad to hear no chemo for you for a while, hoping you stay in top shape.

If I have to miss any races, I think you will find in section ¥ that you take my average finish position for the last 3 races I ran and just say I finished there and give me the points anyways. Nothing from the first half of the season counts in the equation.

paulwildridge

Premium Member
Name
Paul Wildridge
iRacing ID
Awesome news Matt! What did you name him?

Great news Michael! Get you a win this week to celebrate.

Owen as always...   :x

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 3 Series 2021/S4
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Jerome - you had so much fun at Suzuka... Joining us again tomorrow?

Matt - Cade is a beauty. You're a luck man.

Michael - congrats bud. I am really happy to hear this news.

Fuzzwah

Name
1. Snetterton is a relatively new track for most of us. What do you think of it?

I found it a fun challenge to get up to speed around. The sweeping right hander into the final tighter left was particularly difficult to master and therefore very rewarding when you nail it.

2. How many hours a week do you spend racing including practice, setups, etc.?

Somewhere around 10 to 15 hours a week.

3. If you could drive any car / track combination in real life, what would it be?

I'd love to say Bathurst, but I can't think of a car which I'd feel confident enough in to get anywhere near the limit. More realistic would be Phillip Island in something similar to the Pro Mazda. Maybe a Formula Ford to begin with....

mclachlanol

Organizer
Formula 3 Series 2021/S4
Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
Nice race guys, another tough track but still really clean and fun. Cya guys on the oval next week!