Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

Round 9: Silverstone Circuit - Grand Prix (Feb 20 2020)

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Silverstone-2019-GP.png

Practice: 2020-03-01 09:35
Qualifying: 2020-03-01 12:35
Race: 2020-03-01 12:50
Race Length: 45 minutes
Max Incidents: 20
Max Fuel: 50%
Start: Standing
Fast Repair: 0

Pre-race Interview:

1- After Brands Hatch, we continue our tour of Britain with a trip to the famous Silverstone!  Is this one of your favorite British tracks?  Why or why not?

2- Only 2 rounds left in the season!  Do you have your sights set on a person/position in the standings, and what will it take to get there?

3- Trivia time!  Without just googling it, what year was Silverstone first officially raced at?

A) 1935
B) 1948
C) 1953

CajunGrit

Manager
Staff member
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S2
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S2
Name
David Hebert
iRacing ID
Won’t make this race, we’re getting outta town and going to the beach for Mardi Gras. Have fun suckers!

dkranes

Premium Member
Name
DANIEL KRANEFUSS
iRacing ID
1- After Brands Hatch, we continue our tour of Britain with a trip to the famous Silverstone!  Is this one of your favorite British tracks?  Why or why not?

It's okay I suppose but I prefer the British tracks with some elevation change such as Brands Hatch or Oulton Park.  The biggest hill at Silverstone is pit exit lol.

2- Only 2 rounds left in the season!  Do you have your sights set on a person/position in the standings, and what will it take to get there?

I'm in a tight battle with a couple drivers ahead of me and behind me but I'm not focused on anyone in particular.   It'll take clean races with few mistakes, decent pace and a bit of luck to get there.

3- Trivia time!  Without just googling it, what year was Silverstone first officially raced at?

1953?

crich88848

Premium Member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Christopher Richards
iRacing ID
David. I am really sorry about that incident. My spotter told me 5 laps of fuel left right as we were coming up to that corner. I looked at my black box to see how much time was left and when I looked up I was half way past my brake marker. I feel really bad about this. Its the first time I've taken someone out like this and it will not happen again. I will accept any penalty awarded to me for this incident.  

davidsirois

Name
Nice win David Holland! Nice podium Greg and Rod!

I never felt really up to speed on this track. Whatever the setup I was using. I suppose my driving was not at its best.

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
That's why this is a great group. Shit happens, we apologize, and move on.

...and if you're Chris, you reset the counter every season.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry buddy, had to. 

crich88848

Premium Member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Christopher Richards
iRacing ID
No worries chisel. I deserve that one. I'm known for taking myself out of races, it's a rare occurrence that I take someone with me. This is the best group I've raced with on iracing. 

After the incident with David I parked the car. I was running strong where I was at but I wasn't catching up to anyone, just maintaining. After the incident I couldn't bring myself to get back on track.