Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

Round 9: Richmond Raceway (Nov 19)

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
LMP2/GT3 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Richmond%20International%20Raceway%20-%20Oval.png

Race Time of day: 2021-04-01 20:30 1x
Race Length: xxx laps (55 minutes)
Max Incidents: Drive through at 11x, DSQ at 20x
Max Fuel: 65%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 0
Restart Type: Single-file Back
Automatic Full Course Yellows: Enabled
Wave Arounds: Enabled
Enable "Lucky Dog" Rule: Disabled

mclachlanol

Organizer
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S2
Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
Hey guys,

Here is the set I'm working on. Took my Phoenix set and added a ton of wing, also adjusted ride height slightly. I'm getting 18.4s with race fuel. Running by myself after lap five I'm only lifting in turn 1 to 50% and then keeping it flat out the rest of the lap in 5th gear. I haven't tried a full run yet so I'm not sure how the tires are going to hold up.

If you guys are interested, I've been using this telemetry program every week and it's helped a lot especially with ride height adjustments. Dave Cristelli showed it to me and I like it a little bit more than Motec. It's free to download:

https://boxthislap.org/iracing-race-engineering-center/

I believe it's still in development so it takes a few minutes to figure out how to run it, but it's worth taking a look if you are interested in telemetry.

1605562099183.png

Attachments

• Richmond_R2.sto
    1.6 KB · Views: 7

Gunner

Organizer
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID
Not sure why it is not displayed. It is set to 135 laps or 55 mins, whichever comes first.

barryf1fan

Premium Member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Barry Cochrane
iRacing ID
Hey guys,

Here is the set I'm working on. Took my Phoenix set and added a ton of wing, also adjusted ride height slightly. I'm getting 18.4s with race fuel. Running by myself after lap five I'm only lifting in turn 1 to 50% and then keeping it flat out the rest of the lap in 5th gear. I haven't tried a full run yet so I'm not sure how the tires are going to hold up.

If you guys are interested, I've been using this telemetry program every week and it's helped a lot especially with ride height adjustments. Dave Cristelli showed it to me and I like it a little bit more than Motec. It's free to download:

https://boxthislap.org/iracing-race-engineering-center/

I believe it's still in development so it takes a few minutes to figure out how to run it, but it's worth taking a look if you are interested in telemetry.

View attachment 816

Thanks for sharing your setup Owen, I seem to like your setups way more than the VRS sets. I was able to do an 18.364 in practice on race fuel as well, that was after about 3 laps, maybe 4. After that my lap times settled to 18.6 - 19.0's. Did an official race last night with your setup and got 2nd !! WTF!!!?? I was running 4 and two guys spun with 3 laps left... just happened to be 2nd & 3rd. :ROFLMAO: Finished the race under yellow - so didn't have to worry about any "hard-chargers". There were times in the room from high 17's to high 19's, so felt pretty good about that. Now I just need to focus tonight on being consistent and clean (hahaha!!) and will possibly get through an oval race tonight.

But a big thanks for posting up your sets, I for one, really appreciate you doing that. (y)

CajunGrit

Manager
Staff member
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S2
Name
David Hebert
iRacing ID
mclachlanol I just ran a time trial and I don't see how you're possibly going flat out through 3 & 4. I was running at night though. Fastest lap was a 19.1

bonaduce

Premium Member
Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
Sorry for late notice but will miss tonight's race. Good luck and may God have mercy on you heathens and your left turns.

Reactions: TRG

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
I just edited the session. We will be running the track in reverse. Should be a real hoot!

Threefiver

Premium Member
GT4/TCR IMSA Series 2022/S2
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Dave Peterson
iRacing ID
Well, posting on my phone later at night and apparently posted in the Elite forum instead of here..........duh...

It sucked to get DQed for incidents that I didn't initiate...Got ran over from behind twice and that was the end for me. Appeared to be some netcode involved from the look in the replay.

I had never really paid attention because incident points are rarely an issue for me but is it not like iRacing where you get a drive thru penalty before a DQ?
I was pretty surprised after I got hit for the second time and was DQed before my car had even quit spinning. I know it is probably in the interest of promoting cleaner racing but would there be a consideration of upping the incident/penalty threshold for oval races? I like to think I am a pretty clean racer but I bumped someone in that backstretch melee on lap 2 and then got hit from behind twice later in the race.....the last time ending my night.

Going to make for an interesting final race for the amateur championship.....Good luck to you , Owen. I know I have a tough hill to climb and will consider it a major accomplishment for me if im able to hold you off.

crich88848

Premium Member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Christopher Richards
iRacing ID
Well, posting on my phone later at night and apparently posted in the Elite forum instead of here..........duh...

It sucked to get DQed for incidents that I didn't initiate...Got ran over from behind twice and that was the end for me. Appeared to be some netcode involved from the look in the replay.

I had never really paid attention because incident points are rarely an issue for me but is it not like iRacing where you get a drive thru penalty before a DQ?
I was pretty surprised after I got hit for the second time and was DQed before my car had even quit spinning. I know it is probably in the interest of promoting cleaner racing but would there be a consideration of upping the incident/penalty threshold for oval races? I like to think I am a pretty clean racer but I bumped someone in that backstretch melee on lap 2 and then got hit from behind twice later in the race.....the last time ending my night.

Going to make for an interesting final race for the amateur championship.....Good luck to you , Owen. I know I have a tough hill to climb and will consider it a major accomplishment for me if im able to hold you off.
There is a drive thru first at 11x. strange.

Threefiver

Premium Member
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Dave Peterson
iRacing ID
There is a drive thru first at 11x. strange.
I had the "Race" button when I was in the pits but when I clicked it it would not let me get in the car and said I had been disqualified for too many incidents. I was admittedly pretty frustrated and didn't think to save a replay unfortunately

Gunner

Organizer
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID
I had the "Race" button when I was in the pits but when I clicked it it would not let me get in the car and said I had been disqualified for too many incidents. I was admittedly pretty frustrated and didn't think to save a replay unfortunately
The sim only counts 12x for your race. You should have just received a drivethru penalty. Not sure why it wouldn't let you back in the car. Was there a black flag with the white x on it displayed for you? Usually a DSQ removes your car from the track immediately and instead of "race" the button will show "disqualified"

Threefiver

Premium Member
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Dave Peterson
iRacing ID
The sim only counts 12x for your race. You should have just received a drivethru penalty. Not sure why it wouldn't let you back in the car. Was there a black flag with the white x on it displayed for you? Usually a DSQ removes your car from the track immediately and instead of "race" the button will show "disqualified"
That's what I was thinking as well but I definitely had the Race button. Pretty sure the flag was solid black.....I don't know...it was just a bad night in general and I think I may have had some lag issues. the first guy that hit me sent my car way up in the air (as in, I was near the top of the catch fence but the car was still upright and level) then it came back down on it's wheels and I kept going. The yellow came out and I pitted to be safe and had about 8 seconds of repairs but the car was never the same after that....wasn't handling well and was down on top end. So I was just making laps and having to let people go so I didn't wreck someone and then I got hit again by somebody....in the replay it was clearly netcode. No matter, just makes this final race for the championship harder (because Owen is damn fast) and easier (because I don't have to do math....if I am ahead of him I win, if not, I don't...hehe)

Ill chalk it up to lag and luck and move on....the theme lately I guess. Lost power during qualifying at Interlagos and it came back on during the post race interviews on the broadcast :(

Thanks for all you guys do to make this happen. It has been a lot of fun.

Dave