Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 9: Austria - Red Bull Ring (02Dec17 @ 7pm GMT)

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
Name
Aaron Webb
iRacing ID
Austria.png

Division 1:
Session host is Michemery​
Qualifying starts at 7:00pm (UK time) followed by the race​

Division 2:
Session host is Macca​
Qualifying starts at 7:00pm (UK time) followed by the race​

Pre-Race Questions:
Division 1:
[ol]
[li]MichaelAngelo grabs hist first win of the season, and first win since returning to PRL. Out of all the new drivers MichaelAngelo has arguably performed the best so far. What are your opinions on Falcon, Angelo, and KingKim (Driving Style, Where are they battling etc)?[/li]
[li]There were 6 reports last season in 20 races. We have already had 3 reports so far in the first 8 races. Word around the paddock has been generally quite positive about how people have been driving, but this hasnt been reflected in the amount of reports so far. Are there any drivers who you think cause too many incidents? Or any driver you want to call out for a previous incident so far to warn him?[/li]
[li]This weekend we arrive at the Red Bull Ring, a fast flowing track. However with the new cars, could we see a boring race due to dirty air and few overtaking spots?[/li]
[/ol]
Division 2:
[ol]
[li]The real F1 season has just finished. What was your race and moment of the season?[/li]
[li]In real life its extremely hard to overtake. Are you expecting that to be much the same on saturday? If so how much emphasis will you put on qualifying?[/li]
[li]This season we've seen pretty basic strategies, with all drivers pretty much opting for the same strategy. Are you expecting this race to be the same or have more varying strategies?[/li]
[/ol]

Smithy

Premium Member
Name
1. Falcon definitely seems to be the best in qualifying, across the entire grid. However ive heard some negative comments about his driving style, and given he hasnt finished a race so far (Canada was out of his hands) i dont think he poses a championship threat to any of the favourites.
Conversely i think Angelo is definitely a threat, he has won one race already, and due to a sloppy mistake in canada he threw away a lot of points there. If he can minimise the mistakes he is definitely a title challenger.
I think KingKims points dont reflect his ability so far, having seen his race in Baku, he was extremely unlucky to not end up on the podium, and i definitely feel he had the pace to do it, which would have meant 2 podium finishes in his ownly two races. THus i would also say he is a championship challenger.

2. GRELOFUMY! He is at the centre of way to many incidents, he has already had 2 with me, he needs to calm down on the first lap. Ive also heard Falcon hasnt been particularly clean so far, so i hope he improves.

3. PRL never had a boring race for whatever reason xD.

ne-yo1993

Premium Member
Name
1. All three of them are very very fast. It's nice to have them with us. Wasn't surprised by Angelo as I know him a bit longer now. He's agressive in wheel to wheel fights but not in a stupid way. Can't say much about Falcon & Kim cause I didn't had any battle with them so far.

2. I've heard a lot in the last couple of weeks & I think some should calm down in the first few laps. Yes, it's the best chance to gain a fair amount of places at the start but the risk to damage your car is even higher. You can only lose a race at the start especially since the SC doesn't work on this game. I'm just glad Haribo isn't here anymore, he liked to forces other driver off track on purpose xD dirty driving

3. It's the first track this season were I feel the dirty air. Following a car in S2 with used tyres is awful. So much understeer. At least for me. Don't know about you guys.

It's the shortest track of the season, so the gaps between each driver will be closer. I'm expecting an chaotic race until the first pit stops

Oldskool3000

Premium Member
Name
1. Abu Dhabi when Bottas crossed the line. What a boring season. I love F1 but this year was drab. 

2. I think from RJ's Div 2 video it's clear that there are tons of mistakes made in D2. I Imagine that just keeping it on the track with no damage in the first 3 or 4 laps will mean you are likely to get a decent finish. I imagine anyone with Manual gears will chew people up down to turn 3 due to the traction you get from t2. 
3. Not really thought about it to be honest. Maybe a 1 stop is possible here? I would guess a few people may run the Super soft at the start and adapt to eith a 2 stop with Ultra softs or go on the softs and try get through with 1 stop. I will see how my pace is, I don't fancy starting 13th or so because I went with SS to start. If i can have the pace to be top 8 or so I might. 

I can't really see anyone 3 stopping (strategy wise). I reckon the speed differences between 2 and 1 stopping are going to be fairly negligible. 

Personally I think this track is going to cause chaos, I like chaos. Quick people loses wheels with chaos :D

Name
1. MichaelAngelo grabs his first win of the season, and first win since returning to PRL. Out of all the new drivers MichaelAngelo has arguably performed the best so far. What are your opinions on Falcon, Angelo, and KingKim (Driving Style, Where are they battling etc)?
I know Falcon 1 year now and as a driver he is often the one that draws the attention both on and off the track. That's not necessarily with the negative meaning but Falcon is aggressive more often than not but he has improved a lot from last year. He has become more logicak and improved some of his weaknesses. If he puts his head down, he will be a title contender . As for KingKim i haven't raced him at all i don't think so i can't have i say without lying. 

2.There were 6 reports last season in 20 races. We have already had 3 reports so far in the first 8 races. Word around the paddock has been generally quite positive about how people have been driving, but this hasnt been reflected in the amount of reports so far. Are there any drivers who you think cause too many incidents? Or any driver you want to call out for a previous incident so far to warn him?
I only just joined a couple of races ago. The field looks very fast but more importantly the cleanest field i have seen in any league if i am honest. I believe i was one of the three reported drivers from my incident in Canada which was a very silly one. It's a very clean grid in my opinion and one of the fastest on PS4.

3.This weekend we arrive at the Red Bull Ring, a fast flowing track. However with the new cars, could we see a boring race due to dirty air and few overtaking spots?
We won't see a boring race for sure. It's a small track and the field will be very closely matched. Dirty air won't do much of a difference as this game doesn't completely recreate the real life understeer so i am sure everyone will try and put on a good show. 

Good luck to everyone! 

A

armytricks

The real F1 season has just finished. What was your race and moment of the season?
In real life its extremely hard to overtake. Are you expecting that to be much the same on saturday? If so how much emphasis will you put on qualifying?
This season we've seen pretty basic strategies, with all drivers pretty much opting for the same strategy. Are you expecting this race to be the same or have more varying strategies?

1. Lewis and Seb battling in Belgium and Spain. Best moment would be Ham's pole in the wet at Monza
2. It is also quite difficult to overtake at Austria in the game too! Tried a 50% race with max difficulty and the best way to overtake fairly seems to be on the brakes but real drivers are not as forgiving as the AI so it'll be difficult for sure.
3. Well, there seems to be relatively high degradation which could see a few more mixed strategies coming into play this time around I hope. I feel like this race will be won by those who can manage their tyres the best / have the most consistent clean laps.

xjari-075

Name
1. My race of the season is spain and my moment of the season was kvyat getting sacked (kvyat conspiracy)
2. As I already expected it to be hard to overtake I have already practiced it, so I know how to overtake, but I am putting a lot of emphasis on quali, as overtaking someone will cost you time.
3. I think that this race there will be more people going for different strategies, I also think that this will be the case, because the different strategies don’t influence your overall race pace that much so it will depend on which tyres people prefer.

Garydonegan35

Premium Member
Name
1)all seem very quick and have the pace to challenge for wins at any track although falcon is very quick it seems to fall apart for him come the race if he can avoid the incidents he could be a regular race winner as for angelo I've been very impressed with his race craft and could be a dark horse for the championship and king kim has been very impressive needing no time to bed in and could be a regular podium finisher

2)I think the racing has been quite good this season but we do see some people pushing the limit and causing unnecessary crashes I'm not gonna point fingers as we all make mistakes but I feel some people need to calm down at start of races as it could destroy a lot of people's races given there's no safety car

3)dirty air could play a big role in this race preventing people from overtaking making it key to nail a lap in quali I'm expecting it to be a close race given how short this circuit making the gaps between each driver very small therefore I see a lot of battling happening

RJW_Videos

Name
1) The best race as a spectacle for me, had to be the Brazilian GP. The battling between Massa and Alonso was amazing, plus the close battle between the top 4 was also good to see. The best moment of the season for me was Alonso's fastest lap in Hungary. It just wasn't what anyone expected with the Honda engine
2) I agree with OldSkool with this one. There are a lot of mistakes in D2 and just keeping clean in the first few laps is key to having a good race.
3) I reckon most will do a 2 stop around here as most will try and qualify on ultrasofts, but a 1 stop with a set of softs and supersofts could be possible.

ibbopaul

Name
The real F1 season has just finished. What was your race and moment of the season?
My moment of the season was when it finally started after a boring winter.

In real life its extremely hard to overtake. Are you expecting that to be much the same on saturday? If so how much emphasis will you put on qualifying?
I usually just let lappers passed so overtaking seems easy.

This season we've seen pretty basic strategies, with all drivers pretty much opting for the same strategy. Are you expecting this race to be the same or have more varying strategies?
Hope more pit stops but everyone seems good with making tyres last.

ibbopaul

Name
Don't worry I reported the above poster for pressing submit button twice by mistake, what a wolly.

Macca

Premium Member
Name
1.The real F1 season has just finished. What was your race and moment of the season?
Baku was the race of the season. For me there wasn’t 2 moments of the season, the kid getting to meet Kimi in Spain and the start crash at Singapore

2.In real life its extremely hard to overtake. Are you expecting that to be much the same on Saturday? If so how much emphasis will you put on qualifying?
I’m expecting qualifying to be important but personally I’m setting my car up for the race, like normal

3.This season we've seen pretty basic strategies, with all drivers pretty much opting for the same strategy. Are you expecting this race to be the same or have more varying strategies?
I’m expecting a mixture between 2 Stops and 1 stops 

ibbopaul

Name
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6LFq-FzAFk[/youtube]

Events:
Really mad shows Quali then jumps to lap 17 of the race but I was streaming all the laps in between
Xjar and Crist 31 mins 5 secs looks like accidental wheel lock up