Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 8: Virginia International Raceway - Full Course

bige3dalejr88

Premium Member

Sponsor this circuit for only $6.95 USD

[circuit_7][/circuit_7]​

Race Length: 45 Minutes
Start Type: Standing
Fuel Amount: 100%
Track State / Marbles: 25% / No
Weather: Dynamic Weather
Time of Day: Late Afternoon

Pre-Race Interview
1. VIR is a long circuit and very hard to manage. Do you prefer short or long circuit?
2. What was your favorite race so far this season and why?
3. iRacing announced they are working on adding LMP cars. What are your thoughts on LMP?

bonaduce

Premium Member
Full Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
Hey guys just wondering if you (road racers) would be interested in taking a look at some video and giving me feedback. I am running the skippy and it is using this track this week. I can get close to the fast times, but know I am leaving seconds on the track some where. Fast guys are ranging from 2:07:xx to 2:09:xx my fastest lap last night was 2:11:121

dan

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
It was a really fun race yesterday guys!! I'm sorry about the start... It happened to me last two races, I need to fix it :(. Cost me the win yesterday I think and I could have won Indianapolis as well :(  But I've enjoyed a lot catching up the field!

bonaduce

Premium Member
Full Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
Carsten Quint said:
I'll take a look Dan, but I'm probably not the best person for that haha :)
thanks carsten, as soon as I can get obs to capture game play I will post.  Unless there is a way to post an .rpy file. 

dan

bonaduce

Premium Member
Full Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn5er8Y00wNj6KDujHIdw_w

here you go carsten or anyone else, this is the fastest lap I have turned so far. I apologize for the resolution still getting the hang of obs. Thanks for any insight.

dan

Carsten Quint

Premium Member
It's been a while since I drove the skippy myself. Just did a few laps to see and my best was a 11.5

Your lap doesn't look too bad, only thing that jumped out to me was that you could run a wider line through turn 1 and 3 to carry a bit more speed. I'm sure the faster guys will notice other stuff as well.

bonaduce

Premium Member
Full Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
thanks carsten, ran wider in 1 and gained 3/10 ths, now just to get the consistency down to keep repeating it.