Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2023 Season 1 Signups now open to all !

Hi Guest, Signups for 2023 Season 1 are now open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Round 8: Snetterton Circuit - 200 (November 09)

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Formula 4 Series 2023/S1
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Snetterton200.png

Race Time of day: 2021-11-06 12:00 1x
Race Length: 35 minutes
Max Incidents: Drive through at 13x, DSQ at 17x
Max Fuel: 40%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 0

Last edited by a moderator:

Peter Lee7

Premium Member
Name
Peter Lee
iRacing ID
At least in the Skip Barber cars, the racing here was very, very messy. Tons of divebombs and incidents in T2 and T4, as well as pretty dangerous 2- and 3-wide situations going into T4-5. Hopefully in the Ferraris it will be cleaner and better racing. Will be interesting to see.

RGro55

Premium Member
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S4
Name
Randy Gross
iRacing ID
It is going to be tight in some places, especially leading into the Bomb Hole. This is going to be one of those tracks where patience will be needed. Pit strategy may be huge here too!

b_glover93

Premium Member
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S4
GT3 Fixed Series 2023/S1
Name
Baron Glover
iRacing ID
Its a weird track to say the least. Reminds me of VIR. Another cow pasture. 🙄

RGro55

Premium Member
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S4
Name
Randy Gross
iRacing ID
I am sorry b_glover93 when we came around Riches (turn 1) I couldn't see that you spun and when the cars in front of me moved you were right there. Feeling pretty gutted.

b_glover93

Premium Member
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S4
GT3 Fixed Series 2023/S1
Name
Baron Glover
iRacing ID
Really sorry for whoever's race I ruined. Don't know what the heck happened. All me. 🥺

b_glover93

Premium Member
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S4
GT3 Fixed Series 2023/S1
Name
Baron Glover
iRacing ID
Someone threw out a banana peel
Someone threw out a banana peel
I know how hard you guys work during the week to prepare for races and to get taken out L1/T1 thru no fault of your own is beyond frustrating. Ive been on the receiving end of that a few times but have never caused a major wreck like that my entire time on iR. Again, apologies to all.

RGro55

Premium Member
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S4
Name
Randy Gross
iRacing ID
I know how hard you guys work during the week to prepare for races and to get taken out L1/T1 thru no fault of your own is beyond frustrating. Ive been on the receiving end of that a few times but have never caused a major wreck like that my entire time on iR. Again, apologies to all.
No worries, racing incidents happen!

b_glover93

Premium Member
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S4
GT3 Fixed Series 2023/S1
Name
Baron Glover
iRacing ID
No worries, racing incidents happen!
But that was just stupid weird. Still dont really understand what happened. Had been clean thru there over entire week of practice except maybe running wide a few times. Never even got close to losing the back end. Did not feel it thru the wheel or anything.

RGro55

Premium Member
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S4
Name
Randy Gross
iRacing ID
But that was just stupid weird. Still dont really understand what happened. Had been clean thru there over entire week of practice except maybe running wide a few times. Never even got close to losing the back end. Did not feel it thru the wheel or anything.
I watched the feed and the replay. You didn't touch the grass or anything, your line was good. Maybe a cold tire slide? Invisible Netcode gremlin...:LOL:

It is the really frustrating ones where you have no explanation for what happened.

Hootius

Director
Staff member
NASCAR Cup Series 2022/S4
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S4
NASCAR Cup Series 2023/S1
NASCAR Xfinity Series 2023/S1
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Looked to me like cold tire slide. Just one of those things unfortunately. Next time I'm yeeting myself into the cow pasture in that section if shinanigans happen haha

But in all honesty, as a league, feel free to call out a wreck/major check up over the VC, especially on Lap 1. The spin was innocent enough and where Barron ended up on track, was not the worst scenario in all honesty. The issue was the back half of the field had no idea anything was happening and didn't have vision until it was too late.

Peter Lee7

Premium Member
Name
Peter Lee
iRacing ID
Hi. I was one of the cars that got collected in this. Looking at the replay, I don't think there was any possibility at all to avoid contact with the car in front, nor do I think the the two cars behind me had any way to avoid me. I really don't think you should beat yourself up about this. It looks like you did the right thing in locking the brakes so it was all as predictable as possible. We were also nose-to-tail for a bunch of laps at Road Atlanta, so I know how clean and steady you are on track. It just happens sometimes.

But yeah, frustrating for all of us. At least I got plenty of practice honoring blue flags... lol