Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

Round 8: Road America - Full Course (Aug 3)

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
Name
Aaron Webb
iRacing ID
Road%20America_Full%20Course.png

Race Time of day: 2020-08-01 14:25
Race Length: 45 minutes
Max Incidents: Drive through at 16x, DSQ at 24x
Max Fuel: [font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]33% (approx 10 gal./38 liters)[/font]
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 1

PRE-RACE NOTES

Welcome to Round 8 at Road America. Dubbed America's National Park of Speed! Road America provides high paced action as it is a draft type track. If you want to be in it to win it, you need to stay in the draft. This race should provide some great battles and overtaking opportunities especially with these box cars.​

Racing at Road America

For these GT4 cars at Road America, racing here is a pretty straight forward affair. As is always the case, Lap 1 will be crucial for everyone as your tires are nowhere near being optimal and the risk for incidents and off tracks is very high. With that said, we are reminding everyone that once we take the green flag, everyone should be mindful of the braking zones being longer going into turn 1 and pretty much all the way through turn 6 where the tires will start to warm up. 

The draft here at this track is pretty big given the large hole the GT4 cars produce for drafting. If you are battling for position and are overtaking another car, remember that it is your responsibility to make that pass cleanly and without taking out the other driver. If you are being overtaken by another car, you are not allowed to block, pinch or otherwise in an effort to stop the pass. As the leading car, you are allowed ONE MOVE to either the inside or outside of the track to defend your position. But in no way should this get done within the braking zone a' la' Max Verstappen.  :lol: :lol: :lol:​

Final Thoughts

We are now closing in on the final few rounds of this season. We are starting to shift our focus to the next season and what that will bring for Monday racing. Look for some polls #soon where you will be able to vote for a few different offerings for next season. ​

It has been an amazing pleasure to see this league grow and adjust with the changes that a growing league experiences as it evolves. Your involvement, and participation is what community building is all about. The quality of racing has improved throughout the season and that's to be expected as we get to know each others habits, traits and tendencies out on track.​

As a final reminder, the remainder of this season is being broadcast live on the GSRC channel. I encourage you all to invite family and friends to check it out live and root on their favorite driver or team. That is all.​

Your Organizers,​
Mark, David & Kenny ​

barryf1fan

Premium Member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Barry Cochrane
iRacing ID
paulwildridge said:
Will have a usf2k and gt4 prac room up tonight at 9pm est for anyone interested.

Is it "open" or is there a password? I'm gonna try and get there for some practice. Thanks!!

gebowen

Name
Glen Bowen
iRacing ID
I may have to miss tonight.  I have mediation starting in an hour.  The premeditation demand was for $2.9 Million so it may take a while to get the other side down to a realistic number.

Mark Phile

Premium Member
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S2
Name
Mark Phile
iRacing ID
Sebastian, I think it was a racing incident? If you feel differently Im sorry, ya just ran me out of room there and i had nowhere to go. It was a good battle, sorry how that ended.