Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2023 Season 1 Signups now open to all !

Hi Guest, Signups for 2023 Season 1 are now open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Round 8: Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course - Full Course (Nov 12)

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
GT4 Fixed Series 2022/S4
GT4 Fixed Series 2023/S1
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Mid%20Ohio%20Sports%20Car%20Course_Full%20Course.png

Race Time of day: 2021-04-01 12:00 1x
Race Length: 45 minutes
Max Incidents: Drive through at 11x, DSQ at 20x
Max Fuel: 65%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 0

mclachlanol

Organizer
Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Formula 4 Series 2023/S1
Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
Hi guys, I got two sets for you this week. Both are pretty similar, the HDF just has more wing. I got the same time in both (1:18.6). Not sure what direction I'm going to go, the first one is about 1.6km/hr faster in the straits and maybe a little more "fun" to drive. The HDF set felt like I could push harder in turns 5 - 9.

Normally I'm not a huge fan of Mid-Ohio, but I was pleasantly surprised how much fun this track/car combo is. Should be a great race, I do expect a few off tracks and spins so keep an eye out during the race.

Attachments

• Owen_MidOhio_1.sto
    1.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Owen_MidOhio_HDF_1.sto
    1.6 KB · Views: 1

mclachlanol

Organizer
Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Formula 4 Series 2023/S1
Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
Stiffened the shocks on both sets and I think it helps a tiny bit (maybe). I'm still getting about the same times between both sets (1:17.9 with a 110tt).

Attachments

• Owen_MidOhio_3.sto
    1.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Owen_MidOhio_HDF_3.sto
    1.6 KB · Views: 5

barryf1fan

Premium Member
GT3 Fixed Series 2023/S1
Formula 4 Series 2023/S1
Name
Barry Cochrane
iRacing ID
Thanks for sharing again, Owen. I'm not feeling too bad at Mid-Ohio as I was able to do a 1:19.2 in my first practice sessions. I know that's still off the pace, per se, but it's just about a second and a half or so right now - normally I'm 3 or 4 seconds off the pace. :LOL:

I love Mid-Ohio, but don't typically do too hot there, but it is such a fun technical track that I'm looking forward to this one. Thanks again for posting your sets!!

barryf1fan

Premium Member
GT3 Fixed Series 2023/S1
Formula 4 Series 2023/S1
Name
Barry Cochrane
iRacing ID
Good race last night Michael Brromhead, great result getting 2nd. I spun out of 4th at Turn 5 (which seem to be a theme for me there...) and the dude that qualified 2nd ran me down, as I was doing 1:19's and he was doing 1:17's 😂

I worked on carrying a bit of throttle through a few of the turns like you suggested and started getting it - of course that was after the race we did. I wasn't necessarily faster, lap time wise, but was more confident with the rear of the car. and got to where I wasn't spinning @ Turn 5 or Turn 2 - Thanks for the help man!! Really appreciate it. (y)

Reactions: TRG

mbroomo

Premium Member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S4
Formula 3 Series 2023/S1
Name
Mike Broomhead
iRacing ID
Good race last night Michael Brromhead, great result getting 2nd. I spun out of 4th at Turn 5 (which seem to be a theme for me there...) and the dude that qualified 2nd ran me down, as I was doing 1:19's and he was doing 1:17's 😂

I worked on carrying a bit of throttle through a few of the turns like you suggested and started getting it - of course that was after the race we did. I wasn't necessarily faster, lap time wise, but was more confident with the rear of the car. and got to where I wasn't spinning @ Turn 5 or Turn 2 - Thanks for the help man!! Really appreciate it. (y)
Oh sorry i didnt see this until now. Nice man glad that helped. It's so competitive in this series that if you work at it and gain comfort, speed or both you are doing great. Last championship i did i got better and better and fought for wins, it comes with effort and time and if i can help in any way let me know dude. Private message here or on any social media. My name isnt that common lol

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Formula 4 Series 2023/S1
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
It's great to see positivity and drivers helping eachother out like this on the forums. 👍

Great race from my seat, seems like we are all improving both in pace and safety.