Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 8: Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course - Full Course (May 5)

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
GT4 Sprint Series 2022/S3
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Mid Ohio Sports Car Course_Full Course Orange Zone.png

Race Time of day: 2020-05-02 18:28 1x
Race Length: 60 minutes
Max Incidents: Drive through at 13x, DSQ at 20x
Max Fuel: 65%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 0

rrusso

Premium Member
GT3 Sprint Series 2022/S3
Name
Rafael Russo
iRacing ID
Sorry to say that...but new BoP coming today

Ford GT - 2017

- 2020 Season 2 Balance of Power Adjustment: Aero drag has been increased slightly.

Ford GT GTE

- Gearshift compressor volume has been decreased slightly.

teddywoods72

Premium Member
GT3 Sprint Series 2022/S4
Name
Ted Loewendick
iRacing ID
Ha, even iRacing is trying to slow down Jesse 😂

rrusso

Premium Member
Name
Rafael Russo
iRacing ID
westracing01 said:
Here we go again... The only question is did they kill the car like they did the last time they messed with aero/drag.

I don't think so...Suzuka was not the best track to analise, but i saw some good pace there today...so i believe it was just a small adjustment.

Kenny Rodriguez

Organizer
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S4
Name
Kenneth Rodriguez
iRacing ID
Christopher Pfeffer said:
Can we switch cars still because of the BOP change?

There will be no further changes this season. We have just three rounds left.

Name
Ken Rodriguez said:
Christopher Pfeffer said:
Can we switch cars still because of the BOP change?

There will be no further changes this season. We have just three rounds left.

Theres nothing in the Specific series rules that says that. On top of that Jerome said this in the last bop change ''[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]If you have previously changed it in the previous BoP this season, you are also allowed to change again''  So I don't see why you're not allowing car changes. [/font]

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
GT4 Sprint Series 2022/S3
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
For tonight, no one can change car, more to come, we will talk with the organisers... Thanks

P.S.: This is getting ridiculous all these BoP -_-

westracing01

Name
Michael Ross
iRacing ID
If I'm not mistaken, in the rules it says that PRL reserves the right to make BoP adjustments of their own no?

I understand it would be hard to do since iRacing is so vague on what exactly they change, but it's a possible avenue to explore no?

Just throwing it out there. I'm driving the Ford whether it's fastest or a boat anchor.

Ozymandias

Organizer
Name
Cristian Eissler
iRacing ID
I usually don't write on specific topics in the forum, for that there are specific channels in the League. But this time I can't let it go.
For me an apology after the race is enough, but the attitude of RSR driver Brandon Wilson both on and off the track leaves a lot to be desired. This time he ruined my race by an inexplicable rejoin to the track.
The administration of the league is a witness that I myself have reported to teammates when I consider that they are a danger to other drivers and to the prestige of PRL.
That said, I hope measures will be taken in this regard.

rrusso

Premium Member
Name
Rafael Russo
iRacing ID
Good race...my first time at this track. Got an P6 for my surprise.

Tried to keep my pace and got a few freebies from the guys ahead :)

The race start was amazing...congrats to all

Unfortunately I will be out in Sonoma, so see u last round in Road Atlanta

Cheers

westracing01

Name
Michael Ross
iRacing ID
Always like Mid-Ohio. I had confidence a podium was in the offering after practice, but qualifying didn't go so hot with two spins. Still, P4 was OK to start but I just didn't have the comfortable race pace I thought I'd have. Didn't change the car and as it turned out, I doubt I had the pace to run with Rodrigo, Nicolas or Carl in the end. I know I could have gotten it into the high 18's, but not in a way that was comfortable to run for 60 mins. Would've been more risky than I was willing to be so I ran the race to my pace.

Unfortunately for me, this tire seems to perform for guys who like the car neutral to loose and you seem to have to set it up more toward the loose side than I like. I prefer it a little on the snug side and to roll the center of the corner and get back to the power early. With the lack of rear grip I keep fighting, that's hard for me to do. Obviously the car has pace so it's down to the driver to figure out how to extract it.

I think some of that speaks to the quality of the field in PRL. On any given race night there are 8-10 drivers in with a shot at the podium.

Sonoma should be interesting since I've never turned a lap there.