Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2021 Season 2 Signups are open !

GT3 Sportscar Series is now full but we still have room in the Tuesday LMP2/GTE Sportscar Series for our sportscar enthusiasts.

For our NASCAR Drivers, we have a few more spots in the Sunday Cup Series and the Wednesday Truck Series is closed.

Our open wheel Indy Pro 2000 series also has a few spots left for Season 2.

Round 8: Michigan International Speedway (08 Aug)

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
 ​
Sponsor this circuit for only $6.95 USD

[circuit_7][/circuit_7]​

Time of day: Afternoon
Laps: 75
Max. fuel: 100%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 0

Pre-race Interview
1. What are your thoughts about Michigan International Speedway?
2. Would you like to see more road races in the Camping World Series?
3. How important is the paint of your car for you?

Paul48

Premium Member
Full Name
Thomas Sink
iRacing ID
Happy to be back at an oval!
No. They have enough. I associate the trucks with their roots in short tracks.
One of, if not the most important part of my season. I have a high attention to detail and can't stand seeing paints that are cheap or "half-ass" painted. But that's probably cuz I paint so many vehicle's for TP.

ahunter27t

Premium Member
Full Name
Austin Hunter
iRacing ID
Pre-race Interview
Seems to be boring, havent bought the track yet so we will see.

Real life yes. i love road racing. Iracing life. idk i was awful at the glen.

Thats what my team is based off. #whataburger!

ColtonLayne

Premium Member
Full Name
Colton Layne
iRacing ID
1. Love big tracks like Michigan so two thumbs up!

2. I think with how short the Trucks schedule is 1 is okay, but if they were to add one I'd say take them back to Watkins Glen. Would say Sonoma but thats a long trek for the smaller teams.

3. I can't paint them very well so I rely on Trading Paints and normally run those of a driver I like. But mostly Mark Martin schemes.

Hootius

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Love the track and have had success there in other PRL leagues. Just disappointed that life got in the way last night and I wasn't able to practice like I wanted, since this will be my first go at the track in iRacing.

I think 1 in a season is ok, but 2 in 4 weeks is a bit much now that I've had a taste lol

Very much so. I spent as much time in the paint shop as I did on the track back with the Papyrus games, so I have always had a passion for it.

XSYSE

Premium Member
Full Name
Robert Besaw Jr
iRacing ID
1. I've not had luck at the big ovals, I've been ok here so maybe I can be ok tonight.

2. One is good for me.

3. Very important, I like to use mostly throw back schemes, but anything that looks good is enjoyable to watch and race.

fotors3

Premium Member
Full Name
Brandon
iRacing ID
Pre-race Interview
Michigan used to be one of my most hated tracks until I started driving it in iRacing. I actually don't do too bad here, but I mainly race open races. We'll see how it goes. 

I would like to see the truck series go back to more short tracks like when they started. NASCAR needs more grassroot connections. Many small track fans feel a disconnect from NASCAR. 

Very important. I want my truck or car to look great on track, and more often than not, I take a few on-track screen shots of the action to save. I design my schemes to look as nice and as high quality as possible. I'm very picky and OCD when it comes to my schemes.

ColtonLayne

Premium Member
Full Name
Colton Layne
iRacing ID
Fun race guys. Some really good and clean racing.

However now its time for a little bit of shameless self promotion. I streamed the race from my perspective and plan on doing so from now on just for fun and to have a record of the race. Team communications with Thomas are in it but nothing was said that should bother anybody, at least in my opinion. Unfortunately I had push-to-talk on so my sweet sweet voice isn't heard until the end of the stream after the race was over , you'll hear Thomas talking to an imaginary friend lol, but anyways if you guys want to give any feedback or tips I'd appreciate it. I know that Anthony and Charles have a history of streaming so maybe they'll have some advice to throw my way. Anyways take it easy this week and I'll see ya'll at B R I S T O L.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/294892952