Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 8: Homestead Miami Speedway - Oval (Nov 11)

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
GT4 Sprint Series 2022/S3
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Homestead%20Miami%20Speedway%20-%20Oval.png

Race Length: 85 laps
Max Incidents: 24
Fuel Limit: 100%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 0

Kemosobie03

Premium Member
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S3
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S4
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S4
Name
Patrick Cowgill
iRacing ID
Dominic, I will tell you the same thing I tell my brother every time he asks why he is burning off his tires faster than everyone else, the easiest way to save tires it to let the truck tell you when to get back on the gas out of the corners. If you are getting back on the gas even just a little too early every lap, over the course of the run it will add up and kill your tires. I know I don't practice what I preach a lot of times, but that is because I'm impatient and I'm trying to work on that. The times that I do though, I tend to be able to save tires pretty well.
I am sad because I made such a stupid mistake entering pit road. I was gaining a lot of time towards the end of that first run and made it all the way up to 13th.

DEvans51

Premium Member
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S3
Name
Jeff Evans
iRacing ID
I know I don't practice what I preach a lot of times, but that is because I'm impatient and I'm trying to work on that. The times that I do though, I tend to be able to save tires pretty well.
I'm the same way.... I'll tell myself over and over to focus on saving tires and then sometimes I get into a race and see a car in front of me, my brain tells me "I must try and pass it", and it goes right out the window!

DominicBegin

Name
Dominic Bégin
iRacing ID
Dominic, I will tell you the same thing I tell my brother every time he asks why he is burning off his tires faster than everyone else, the easiest way to save tires it to let the truck tell you when to get back on the gas out of the corners. If you are getting back on the gas even just a little too early every lap, over the course of the run it will add up and kill your tires. I know I don't practice what I preach a lot of times, but that is because I'm impatient and I'm trying to work on that. The times that I do though, I tend to be able to save tires pretty well.
I am sad because I made such a stupid mistake entering pit road. I was gaining a lot of time towards the end of that first run and made it all the way up to 13th.
The main thing I would need is practice since I do absolutly no practice on long green runs, which affect my tire management pretty much every race were doing that goes green long enough. I just like the racing too much so I mainly do official races. However we tend to have a lot of cautions in fixed trucks so the tire management is rarely an issue and it is more a matter of how can you be faster than everyone else on a shorter run. I tend to not qualify and make my way to the front. However this only works on public lobbies and rarely in league sessions that goes all the way green. Still pretty fun to race tho and maybe if I do have more time on my hand in the future I'll do the practice like a lot of veterans here, thats a big IF ;)

ZeKe_h30

Premium Member
NASCAR Cup Series 2022/S3
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S3
NASCAR Cup Series 2022/S4
Name
Adam Zemke
iRacing ID
Clean air effects your tire wear some as well. If you're not getting air to the nose, there is less aero and your right front is having to pick up the slack. So if you have your nose right up someones bumper for too long, you're probably burning your tires down faster than you might have been during solo practice runs.