Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 8: Great Britain - Silverstone Circuit (19May18 @ 7pm BST)

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
Name
Aaron Webb
iRacing ID
Great%20Britain.png

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Division 1:[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Session host is Michemery[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Qualifying starts at 7:00pm (UK time) followed by the race[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Division 2:[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Session host is Macca[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Qualifying starts at 7:00pm (UK time) followed by the race[/font]

Pre-race Questions ​

1) Silverstone has long straights but fast sweepings corners. With dirty air a potential issue, is it better to have low Downforce or a slightly higher Downforce setup?​

2) Given Silverstones fast flowing nature it is very easy to clean corner cut. Are you expecting penalties to play a big part in the result?​

3) What do you think the podium will be? Who do you think will set the fastest lap?​

Smithy

Premium Member
Name
1. To be honest, there is nl use being fast on a straight if you cant keep up with people, so i would say a good balance.

2. Yes definately, it is very doable to go along portion of the race without getting warnings, but it is very easy to get them. So yes, i definitely think some positions will change at the end due to penalties.

3. Deki, Michael, Neyo.
Fastest lap will be Jume

Jume96

Name
1. Low downforce - Wheel; High downforce - Pad.

2. With the new F1 cars in Silverstone it is harder to get penalties, so they aren't gonna be the key. It will be like any track.

1. Deki
2. Neyo
3. Michael
Fastest lap: Falcon

ne-yo1993

Premium Member
Name
1. A mix of both would be perfect. Slipstream is quite powerful at some parts around silverstone so overtaking shouldn't be a big issue even with a high downforce setup.

2. It's easy to invalit your lap in qualifying, especially through the S's. We could see an exciting grid. Silverstone isn't the worst track for corner cutting so I don't expect anything big

Michael
Falcon
Me
Fastest Lap : Haribo