Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2021 Season 2 Signups are open !

GT3 Sportscar Series is now full but we still have room in the Tuesday LMP2/GTE Sportscar Series for our sportscar enthusiasts.

For our NASCAR Drivers, we have a few more spots in the Sunday Cup Series and the Wednesday Truck Series is closed.

Our open wheel Indy Pro 2000 series also has a few spots left for Season 2.

Round 8: France - Circuit Paul-Ricard (28Nov18 @ 9pm EST)

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Aaron Webb
iRacing ID

Pre-Race Interview
1.  We're a third of the way through the schedule.  How has your season gone so far? 
2.  What do you love and hate the most about this game?  Bonus points for a top 3 list for each! (Clarification:  Not championship points :))
3.  What are your season goals & targets, and have you identified a particular driver as your rival for the season?  Who, and why?

moogleslam

Premium Member
Normand said:
Checked my work schedule and wont be there for France.

Thanks for letting us know.  New Waiting List Driver, Lamp, will take your seat for this race.

Plasmaraider

lookin to be a good race coming up, just care not to take out the braking markers everyone. That being said have a good thanksgiving. Ill be on to run this race at the normal time if there wasent a break if anyone wants to do a social race of it

moogleslam

Premium Member
Pre-Race Interview is up! Let's get this topic buzzin' over the next two weeks!

.... and like Plasma said, happy Thanksgiving!

Plasmaraider

1. We're a third of the way through the schedule. How has your season gone so far?

Definitely had its ups and down; many of them caused by crashes and some of my own mistakes. Looking to make a strong push here for the rest of the season

2. What do you love and hate the most about this game? Bonus points for a top 3 list for each!

Honestly i dont know what i love. The cars look good? Theres a lot that imo needs to be improved on, if i had to make a choice id have to say the game is very atmospheric especially in gloomy weather but thats all i got. As far as hate id have to say the handling model, its far from a sim, especially if thats what theyre aiming for. Youre rewarded for having a risky, oversteery setup, especially in TT more than longer races but the advantage is still there and it should be more geared to having a stable yet fast setup that can get you consistent fast laps instead of trying to survive the race.

3. What are your season goals & targets, and have you identified a particular driver as your rival for the season? Who, and why?

Season goals at this point is probably just to challenge dark and tron, keep them honest and on their heels. Not looking to win the championship unless i have a sudden run of high points scoring and they have some bad luck, but you never know. 2nd place in the championship will make me happy. No rivals yet though, ive been all over the track too much to have consistently battlef someone, maybe sucuri but thats about the only person i could reasonably say.

moogleslam

Premium Member
1.  We're a third of the way through the schedule.  How has your season gone so far? 

I got so burned out with all the racing I was doing a few years ago, that I wasn't sure I'd ever come back, and I'm not quite sure what made me, but here I am, and no regrets.  I wasn't expecting much when I signed up, but then had more fun practicing than I thought I would, and soon saw that I hadn't lost all my pace.  This meant that I was more competitive with the rest of the field than I thought I would be, so my expectations were suddenly a bit higher than originally planned.  However, results wise, I'm behind where I thought I'd be for sure, and besides two unavoidable DNF's, most of that is from my own mistakes (rusty I guess).  It took until the last race, round 7, where I was actually happy with a race for once.  The two DNF's have hurt; one caused by PC issues, and the other just an incident I couldn't avoid.  I technically didn't finish Baku either, crashing on the last lap, but at least I was still classified to grab 2 points.  For sure there's a chance to be way higher up in the standings, but I didn't really come back to worry too much about that.  Just wanted to get back into sim racing and have some fun, and I've certainly had that.

2.  What do you love and hate the most about this game?  Bonus points for a top 3 list for each!

This game is certainly a mixed bag when looking at it in a vacuum, but it's an overall positive, just because of the experience of racing with you all each week, and the competitive and unpredictable elements which that brings to the table.  Both love and hate are probably too strong of words, because I don't think this game draws that much emotion out of me, but let's roll with it....

Love
[ul]
[li]Besides our France Pre-Season Race, massively improved netcode from my last full season here (can't believe I'd ever list Codemasters netcode as a positive)[/li]
[li]New features.  For me, there's lots of new aspects to this game that weren't here when I last raced, including:  20 player grids, ERS management, differential adjustment, manual starts, pit limiter, optional front wing replacements.[/li]
[li]Cars are generally fun to drive, including the management of ERS, fuel, tires etc.[/li]
[/ul]

Hate
[ul]
[li]Can't practice with equal cars in single player (I've already stated on the CM forum that I'm not buying the next game if we can't do this). [/li]
[li]Track Limits are terribly defined.  You can be way inside them and get a penalty, or way outside them and get no penalty.  Then sometimes, when you'd typically get a penalty, you can have a little lift of the throttle and not get the penalty.  It blows my mind that they can't get this right after all these years.  It's simply the detection of one line (the outside of the tire contact patch) crossing the white line on the track.  Didn't pong get this right in the 1970's?!?! :)[/li]
[li]Despite saying the cars are fun to drive above, this game still leans too much toward arcade with subpar handling, force feedback, and nonsense setup values (1-11) which don't impact the cars as they should.  I will say there is improvement in this area from the last time I raced here at least, but still some ways to go.[/li]
[/ul]

3.  What are your season goals & targets, and have you identified a particular driver as your rival for the season?  Who, and why?

I'm currently 10th in the Standings.  With some clean races, no more DNF's, and good attendance, I could see myself moving up.  Best case is maybe 6th, but I could see myself finishing the season anywhere between 6th and 10th, and not be surprised.  I'm reluctant to say 6th is the target, because I feel like I'm probably not going to be practicing as much for the remaining races as I was for the early part of the season (blame Elite Dangerous VR).  

I think Renault can finish the Constructors Championship in 3rd.

Rival wise, I had decided quite early on that it was Megaman, because we always seemed to be close to each other on the TT leaderboards, qualifying, and then we'd find each other on track pretty regularly.  After Bobino's recent results, and after seeing his McLaren multiple times at Canada, I'll be keeping an eye on him too.  Then also just my teammate, iceman.  We've qualified next to each other in 3 out of the 4 races he's done.  Fairly sure I've practiced a lot more than he has, and I feel like that's going to make me faster than him, then he shows up with little to no practice, and he's already matching me on lap times!  Not cool! :)  Qualifying between us is probably very close at this point in time, but his race pace is still better than mine.  My DNF's and his DNS's have evened each other out, but his results have been much better to date, including his 2nd at Monaco which was nearly a win.

Other than that, I'd like to achieve a podium before the season is out.  Close at Spain with a 4th, and then Monaco might have been my best chance pace wise, but hopefully there will be other opportunities.  

jalmenar

Premium Member
1.  We're a third of the way through the schedule.  How has your season gone so far?

I started as Reserve driver, yet I have participated in all GPs so far. It was hard to practice with one car (Normally a McLaren) then jump into a race with a different car, but well that's the Reserve driver life, I was happy to at least participate, but I was not expecting much results. Now after Canada I became a full-time driver. I hope to improve my times from now on, since I have a permanent car. In terms of race craft, I think it has been a good season so far, but this is my first PRL season, so I do not have a baseline to compare seasons. So far, I'm comfortable with the level of  competition and respect around the paddock. But I'm sure not everyone shares my opinion.

2.  What do you love and hate the most about this game?  Bonus points for a top 3 list for each! (Clarification:  Not championship points :))

Love
- F1 environment
- Contact with other cars (Sometimes) does not mean you are completely out of the race (Versus iRacing, where touching somebody is in most cases mortal)
- ERS, engine levels management add a new and better level of strategy and driving experience
- FFB inclusion is better/more realistic than in other games (vs iRacing to my experience)
- Sound inclusion is AMAZING!

Hate
- a looooot of bugs around, to my experience most of them are in TT and online, but I'm sure there are more in career mode. So far the game has been patched 14 times GEEEEEZZZZZ! and it was released 3 months ago, go figure...
- Car physics are totally arcade, especially compared to iRacing where physics are very realistic. The game definitely feels arcade-ish. Yet, there is more racing than on iRacing, so I still prefer this game.
- Just like real F1, they removed the F1 girls from the grid. They were a great source of inspiration to my racing spirit :(

3.  What are your season goals & targets, and have you identified a particular driver as your rival for the season?  Who, and why?

Goals
- Finish every race, even if I'm last.
- Finish 15th in the drivers championship.
- Learn all the tracks so I can be more competitive next season.

Rivals

No rivals so far, I just became a full-time driver. But watch-out all the mid-grid guys, I'm coming for the middle positions.

Fruitsalsa

I won't be able to make it for this race either. A shame because I was really looking forward to Paul Ricard!

kub

1.  We're a third of the way through the schedule.  How has your season gone so far?

Definitely not what I expected. 2DNFs is something that I look at with embarrassment. I know I have the pace and ability to fight for the podiums, but the pressure of catching up to the guys in the top5 been so big that I started to make major mistakes. Australia, as the 1st race of the season, had a big impact on me. DNF is unsatisfying, and the way I crashed the car was simply dumb and ridiculous. Fast forwarding to Spain. It was the race that everything that could've possibly gone wrong, went wrong. The rain that never stopped and the track that was too dry to put the intermediates on. I pushed my softs to the limit, where I spun and lost many positions. Front wing damage forced me into the pits, where I put another soft compound on, hoping the rain will either stop or don't make the track wet enough for intermediates. In my opinion, most chaotic race of the season so far. In Monaco, I got the pole which really motivated me, but my mistakes caused me and few other people to end the race early. I think this was the race that really got me thinking that I can still fight with the top5 guys. Canada was a calm race, but seeing Darklol keeping up behind me when he had ultra softs on and me with hyper softs told me that I had no pace to fight for the podium. Next lap, Sucuri crashed (don't know what happened to plasma) and that got me to p2, with Darklol in p3. I already knew that Darklol is going to win the race, as he went with the 1 stop strategy whereas everyone else went with the 2 stops. I just kept my pace and fortunately none of the guys caught up to me. P3 was a satisfying result for me. Going to the French GP, it will definitely show if I can still fight or not, hopefully I can fight for the podium, but not sure if I have the pace to keep up with the guys.

2.  What do you love and hate the most about this game?  Bonus points for a top 3 list for each! (Clarification:  Not championship points :))

Hate: netcode, safety car not working as its supposed to, 
Love: handling, ers feature, tyre wear management

3.  What are your season goals & targets, and have you identified a particular driver as your rival for the season?  Who, and why?

Finish driver championship at least in 5th, finish team championship in 3rd.
Rivals? My biggest rival at this moment is only myself.

LAcadien

Premium Member
I wont be there tonite, im not done at work and dunno what time i'll be done.. and for the rest of the year, i wont be here since we are one staff shorter for the holiday season, i'll be working 14h - 16h a day til December 23rd. So have fun guys and have a nice holidays!

moogleslam

Premium Member
LAcadien said:
I wont be there tonite, im not done at work and dunno what time i'll be done.. and for the rest of the year, i wont be here since we are one staff shorter for the holiday season, i'll be working 14h - 16h a day til December 23rd. So have fun guys and have a nice holidays!

There's no race tonight! 4 more races this year, so you'll miss all those?

LAcadien

Premium Member
moogleslam said:
LAcadien said:

There's no race tonight! 4 more races this year, so you'll miss all those?

see? i work too much to realise there is no race lol..  and yes i'll miss all races til January. See you next year ;)

moogleslam

Premium Member
Driver Status for this week:

Missing > Replacement
[ul]
[li]Normand > Lamp (Haas)[/li]
[li]Fruitsalsa > pilot_sriracha (Red Bull)[/li]
[li]LAcadien > TBD (Force India)[/li]
[li]nael > TBD (Sauber)[/li]
[li]Aranir01 > TBD (Haas)[/li]
[li]iceman153 > TBD (Renault)[/li]
[/ul]

Invites are out to reserves & ex-drivers to fill the remaining two seats.

Bobino12

Premium Member
Pre-Race Interview

It started pretty well in Australia and Bahrain but had problems with my wheel shifters in China which cost me many points. I was pushed off track twice in Spain so another disappointing race. Since then, I’m quite satisfied of my overall pace and still feel I’m improving on track.

2.  What do you love and hate the most about this game?  Bonus points for a top 3 list for each! (Clarification:  Not championship points  )

I really love that game because it is now closer to become a real simulation. The tyres dynamic if pretty close to the real F1 because if you don’t take care of your tyre, they will make you pay and burn early. I don’t hate anything about the game and the few glitches are not so annoying for me.

My goal is to finish the season close to the 5th place which never happened before and to win my first race. The caliber of the drivers is very strong this season but i have good feeling i can reach it if I don’t have too much bad lucks. My particular rivals are both drivers from the Renault team and Megaman from Mercedes because my average pace is sometimes similar to them.

patlessard

Premium Member
Pre-Race Interview
1.  We're a third of the way through the schedule.  How has your season gone so far? It's better but it doesn't really show in my results , the game bugs cost me a few DNF. I wish I could could some luck and catch a little break
2.  What do you love and hate the most about this game? the game is very good but the  sync issues kills racing online... they never get it right ...Bonus points for a top 3 list for each! (Clarification:  Not championship points :))
3.  What are your season goals & targets, and have you identified a particular driver as your rival for the season?  Who, and why? No goals only hope ! 

crizano

:cry:  I'm so torn. Qualified 8th. I had the start of my life and thought I could give the guys up front a fight! But I've been plauged with network issues disconnecting me at the worst possible moment. This has been really tough for me :(((
[youtube]ZCtFpfwa0u0[/youtube]