Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

Round 8: Daytona International Speedway (17 Feb)

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Daytona%20International%20Speedway%20-%20Oval.png

Time of Day: Late Afternoon
Race Length: 85 laps
Max Incidents: 17
Max. Fuel: 100%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 0

Pre Race Interview Questions

1. It's the last race of the season, and what a place to finish, DAYTONA!!  Are you a fight the whole race kinda guy?  Ride in the back til the end?  Or does all your planning go out the window as soon as the race starts?

2. Favorite Drink (Alcoholic if you drink it, non if you don't)

3. What do YOU think nascar needs to do to gain back attendance?

soupflakes

Name
1.  Pretty much all my planning goes out the window, I say one thing and then the flow of the race changes my mind 4,506 times during the race.

2.  I had a Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate covered Cherry Stout at a place in missouri paired with a burger with Avocado, Fried egg, and peanut butter on it.  Oh my gosh best drink and pairing ever.

3.  I don't think they can, I think times are changing and racing just in general is not as big.  I mean, less than 15% of amercians can drive a manual for crying out loud.  People used to have a connection to their car, and now, its just a tool to get them from point A to point B.  I can't tell you how many people don't even know what kind of car they drive. "Oh it's a Toyota something or other"  Seriously?

Hootius

Director
Staff member
NASCAR Cup Series 2022/S2
GT4/TCR IMSA Series 2022/S2
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S2
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S2
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
1. If I can qualify upfront, I try to stay upfront. If I find myself in a position I don't feel comfortable with, I fall to the back.

2. Captain Morgan (Private Stock) and Pepsi

3. They gotta make the action on track something fans wanna see. For today's audience, that probably means shorting the races down to about 2 1/2 hours as well. And the drivers need to keep doing more more to get themselves out there with the fans and eveloping that passionate fan base, weather they are loved or hated.

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
Name
Aaron Webb
iRacing ID
1. Like others have said, I like to let the race flow dictate my strategy. I'm guessing I will be towards the back though.

2. Crown Royal, either neat, or with coke. (sorry Hoot)

3. Not sure they can save it at this point, I have even found myself not bothering to watch a lot of the races. Which I never used to do. Much more of a F1 and Indycar fan than Nascar. Maybe if they bring back Bobby Labonte!

bige3dalejr88

Premium Member
Name
Pre Race Interview Questions

1. It's the last race of the season, and what a place to finish, DAYTONA!!  Are you a fight the whole race kinda guy?  Ride in the back til the end?  Or does all your planning go out the window as soon as the race starts?

I always finish on my lid, so the only strategy i have is finding out where the hotdog stand is.

2. Favorite Drink (Alcoholic if you drink it, non if you don't)

Pepsi

3. What do YOU think nascar needs to do to gain back attendance?

Free tickets, and giving the drivers a boxing ring for any discussions that need to happen after the race.

fotors3

Premium Member
Name
Brandon
iRacing ID
Sorry guys, I won't be home for this one. Going to my first Daytona 500.

Hootius

Director
Staff member
GT4/TCR IMSA Series 2022/S2
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S2
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
fotors3 said:
Sorry guys, I won't be home for this one. Going to my first Daytona 500.

I'm jealous. Cheer Krut on for me! Lol

soupflakes

Name
It has been a blast racing these last 3 years with you all. I have some news I want to share, but please keep it hush hush til mid March. I am starting a trucking company, and will not be racing any more in prl for the foreseeable future. However this league has meant a great deal to me, and so I WILL remain a part of it. I will be spending a large amount of time on the road and I have a laptop that will allow me to do manager type work, and I will race control as much as I possibly can. I am not stepping down as an organizer, just as a driver.

However, if I am available any Sunday night I WILL jump in and ruin a few races like normal.

It is just going to be impossible to set a schedule with this new job, looking forward to racing with you all in the future!

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
LMP2/GT3 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
soupflakes said:
It has been a blast racing these last 3 years with you all. I have some news I want to share, but please keep it hush hush til mid March. I am starting a trucking company, and will not be racing any more in prl for the foreseeable future. However this league has meant a great deal to me, and so I WILL remain a part of it.  I will be spending a large amount of time on the road and I have a laptop that will allow me to do manager type work, and I will race control as much as I possibly can. I am not stepping down as an organizer, just as a driver.

However, if I am available any Sunday night I WILL jump in and ruin a few races like normal.

It is just going to be impossible to set a schedule with this new job, looking forward to racing with you all in the future!

Congrats on your new company and we are really happy to see that you will still be around helping us organizing and rebuilding this series!

Just don't do it while driving though !!

And Ford s****! 

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Congrats sir. Best of luck to you!

Now we can hound you for more sponsorship!

ahunter27t

Premium Member
Name
Austin Hunter
iRacing ID
cool to know i ruined ford going 8 for 8! i had a blast last night. avoided some wrecks and nailed my green flag stop. thanks again brad and charles for sticking to my bumper

ColtonLayne

Premium Member
Name
Colton Layne
iRacing ID
ahunter27t said:
 thanks again brad and charles for sticking to my bumper

Thanking Charles but not me who was with you after that whole pitstop. I see how it is Austin lol. Seriously though had a good race for the most part, although that random dude that Paul wrecked was PISSED even though he was trying to drive like he was Dale Earnhardt just cause he had the #3 on his car.

See you guys next season!