Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2021 Season 3 Signups are now closed !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are now closed apart from the GT4 Amateur Series and the Formula Renault 3.5 Pro Series where we still have places left !
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details.

Round 8: Circuit Zolder - GP (09 Aug)

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
GT4 Amateur Series 2021/S3
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Circuit Zolder_GP.png
 ​
Sponsor this circuit for only $6.95 USD

[circuit_7][/circuit_7]​

Time of day: Afternoon
Race Length: 30 minutes
Max Incidents: 30
Max. fuel: 100%
Start: Standing
Fast Repair: 1

Pre-Race Interview
1. Welcome to Zolder, the land of the chicane. Thoughts and feelings on this track & car combination?
2. Standings have been updated with current drop-week calculations. Should we include drop-weeks next season?
3. Are there any other changes you would suggest for next season?

ClaytonBrown

Name
Hey guys not sure I can make it Thursday.

We are moving Saturday, packing the kitchen Friday night, so it all boils down to me having to then pack up my racing rig after the race, like 10pm my time on Thurs. So it boils down to laziness. Haha

But I'll talk to my wife and see how comfortable she feels packing it up, cuz she could just pack it Friday during the day time.

CajunGrit

Manager
Staff member
F3 Amateur Series 2021/S3
Name
David Hebert
iRacing ID
ClaytonBrown said:
Hey guys not sure I can make it Thursday.

We are moving Saturday, packing the kitchen Friday night, so it all boils down to me having to then pack up my racing rig after the race, like 10pm my time on Thurs.  So it boils down to laziness.  Haha

But I'll talk to my wife and see how comfortable she feels packing it up, cuz she could just pack it Friday during the day time.

I feel ya on that one!  I did the same thing 3 weeks ago.  For me the biggest bump in the road was getting my internet switched over and working at the new house.  But I made it and pulled off a podium! Best of luck with the move!

DeamingPie

Premium Member
GT3 Amateur Series 2021/S3
Name
Erik Luke
iRacing ID
I've been turning some laps trying to learn the circuit (never been here before) in hopes I can be prepared for Thursday. Interesting layout that should provide many block passing opportunities to keep things interesting.

CajunGrit

Manager
Staff member
Name
David Hebert
iRacing ID
Solder has always been good to me in the official races. I only got in three laps last night, but i managed a 1:47.924. No idea if that’s fast or not, but it was faster than this dude that called me an asswipe in an official race...so it’s fast enough for now 😂

https://youtu.be/R4V4-gWDzno

TRG

Director
Staff member
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
I'll admit buzzing around those White Flag Racing guys was fun on the back stretch at Spa. Replay showed it quite well!

CajunGrit

Manager
Staff member
Name
David Hebert
iRacing ID
Scott Vermeyen for sure! Give 'em hell! What really gets me is he asks what I'm fighting for. And we were racing for like 6th place...if the dude wants to just put in hot laps he should have joined a test session.

I don't really care what place I'm in, I enjoy driving close to people. It's just more fun that way.

crich88848

Premium Member
Name
Christopher Richards
iRacing ID
Really gotta watch out for the dive bombers here. If your gonna dive bomb into a chicane you need to stay to the outside into the next turn cuz I have nowhere else to go. Was just in a race where guy dive bomb the chicane, I stay to the inside into the next turn and he cuts over into me to take the normal line.. Then he tells me thanks, where was I supposed to go.

CajunGrit

Manager
Staff member
Name
David Hebert
iRacing ID
I was driving ghost laps with you on that one. There were some super dirty drivers in that race. What happened to you? Looked like you were running in P2 with a broken suspension then you just blinked and disconnected.

crich88848

Premium Member
Name
Christopher Richards
iRacing ID
CajunGrit said:
I was driving ghost laps with you on that one. There were some super dirty drivers in that race. What happened to you?  Looked like you were running in P2 with a broken suspension then you just blinked and disconnected.

Man, was I driving poorly? It sure seemed like I was getting run into a lot. I got DQ'd at the end when I cut that corner.

crich88848

Premium Member
Name
Christopher Richards
iRacing ID
I had the speed for P1 if I wouldn't have cut the corner at the beginning. We'll see what happens in the race at 9:15.

crich88848

Premium Member
Name
Christopher Richards
iRacing ID
those last laps were not easy. I had so much damage I was driving with the wheel about 25degrees to the left to go straight. Still was holding P2 though, ahhahaha.

crich88848

Premium Member
Name
Christopher Richards
iRacing ID
Ok, really really enjoying this track. Running low 1:46 without draft and 65degree track, but 1:45 definitely feels within reach. My guess, Justin will be running 1:44s with hot lap in the 1:43s.