Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• RaceSpot broadcast information & paints

Hi Guest,

We recently updated the Broadcast information page under league information with the announcement of our new partnership with RaceSpot.

Note that RaceSpot is not using Trading Paints on their broadcast and all members will need to update their paints on RaceSpot.media.

Please consult the Broadcast information page for more details and procedures.

Round 8: Circuit Gilles Villeneuve (Feb 16)

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
GT4 Sprint Series 2022/S3
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Montreal.png

Race Time of day: 2021-04-01 09:40 1x
Race Length: 60 minutes
Max Incidents: Drive through at 13x, DSQ at 18x
Max Fuel: 100% for LMP2, 75% for GTE
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 0

Last edited:

teddywoods72

Premium Member
GT3 Sprint Series 2022/S3
Name
Ted Loewendick
iRacing ID
HosTed session is scheduled to launch, Monday @ 7PM ET.
Length: 5 Hours.
Starting State: 50% Usage
Static Conditions.

La sesión está programada para iniciarse el lunes a las 7 p.m. ET.
Duración: 5 horas.
Estado inicial de la pista: 50% de uso
Condiciones estáticas.
Round 8.png

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Can'T race tomorrow... I'm having a lot of sound issue and I'm reinstalling windows... don't know what's happening, but I can't drive in that condition

westracing01

Name
Michael Ross
iRacing ID
Not sound dumb, but did you check the sound settings in iRacing? iRacing likes to deselect my headset every now and again.

I also had a Windows update totally fubar my bass shaker setup. That was a fairly easy fix by swapping the sound for the speakers and shakers. If you're knee deep in a Windows install already then this is moot, but it's something to check if you haven't done it yet.

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Not sound dumb, but did you check the sound settings in iRacing? iRacing likes to deselect my headset every now and again.

I also had a Windows update totally fubar my bass shaker setup. That was a fairly easy fix by swapping the sound for the speakers and shakers. If you're knee deep in a Windows install already then this is moot, but it's something to check if you haven't done it yet.
The issue I'm having was that sounds was fluctuating up and down in the game. Even with Directsound or XWave2, surround on or off. I have Hyperx Cloud Alpha S which support 7.1 surround. To be honest, I just hate this PC.... More and one time, I'm hearing a USB component disconnecting and reconnecting... never happened with any of my other PC (BTW I think it's my MSI motherboard which I hate soooo much).

So with all the issue I have with this computer, it's now or never... If the clean install don't solve my issue, I'm ordering a new one and this one will became my PRL working PC. But seems overkill to have 16go of Ram, i5 7500 and GTX1070 for a working PC :ROFLMAO:

Or I may only change the Box, Motherboard & CPU. I already have DDR4. Sometimes I think my USB problem may be because of the board. It's an old Antec Three Hundred.

Anyway, lot of fun incoming.

Good luck all for tonight, will be watching live!

westracing01

Name
Michael Ross
iRacing ID
Congrats to Stephen and Uthman!

Anytime you can pry a podium out of the jaws of defeat is a good day... I dislike Montreal, if for no other reason than I'm not good here. That said, I was really confident coming into the race with the week of practice I had. I felt like I really got the car driving good, unfortunately the fool behind the wheel didn't get his head screwed on tight...

Bounced off the Wall of Champions on like lap 2 and bent the fender...
Bounced off the inside curb at the first chicane and damn near walled it...
Had it sideways out of the second chicane and just about yard saled the thing...
Stuck to the plan to pit late, good entry... Forgot to uncheck the tire boxes... Haven't done that since I was a rookie...
Come out of the pits, wasn't sure if I had a new LF or not, thing goes sideways, catch it, Uthman is right on my gearbox, turn in for the first chicane and almost lost it...
Then Uthman and I get a netcode at the second chicane... Thank the racing Gods we both hung onto them...
Spent the next two laps trying to feel the car out to see if I really had a new tire on it because the damn thing was terrible loose into right handers...
Turns out I caught it quick enough and DID NOT have a new tire on it... It was loose because I forgot how to drive...

Yeesh.

The car had the pace, but I just wasn't consistent AT ALL... Fastest lap of the race doesn't do any good when you're 10 seconds behind because you can't hit the same line twice (here's looking at you final chicane) and you make the most basic pit mistake of them all.

Oh well. Whatever. Load up and head to Motegi... Only ever been there once and never in a GTE car. This is going to be interesting.

rrusso

Premium Member
GT3 Sprint Series 2022/S3
Name
Rafael Russo
iRacing ID
My second race in Montreal in iRacing...nothing worse than i expected. My car and myself didnt have the pace to follow the leaders, so i just tried to hold my p5 and didnt make any stupid mistakes...the track is kinda tricky, but i like it.

Hope in Motegi can have a better pace. I think and hope Corvette (and myself) would do better there :)