Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 8: Brands Hatch Circuit - Grand Prix (Feb 13 2020)

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Brands Hatch - Grand Prix.png

Practice: 2020-04-01 14:15
Qualifying: 2020-04-01 17:15
Race: 2020-04-01 17:30
Race Length: 45 minutes
Max Incidents: 20
Max Fuel: 50%
Start: Standing
Fast Repair: 0

Pre-Race Interview:

1- After  a great run at Paul's favorite track Interlagos, we start our tour of Britain with Brands Hatch! A deceptively fast track, where do you think the best place to sneak a pass is with so few heavy braking zones?

2- If you had a re-do of any race this season, which one would you like another shot at? 

3- What is your profession? Tell us a bit about it! 

bonaduce

Premium Member
Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
1) I don't pass anyone so where ever you faster guys feel like taking the opportunity.

2) Interlagos, only race that I couldn't get the set up tweaked to my liking, never felt comfortable.

3) Out of work gigolo, it has its ups and downs, its in and outs. But overall I would say that like any other job, the more you put in the more you get out.

dan

paulwildridge

Premium Member
Name
Paul Wildridge
iRacing ID
Will have to miss this race.

1. Oh i so love interlagos...
Shove her in turn one and hope not to slide out

2. A certain oval years ago do i dont have to hear about the domination anymore lol. I would have just taken out both btr drivers at that time to save face.

3. Project engineer in an ironing board factory. Yes that’s right ironing boards. Let me tell you the cutting edge technology we work with here would blow your mind. Our average machine age is probably 30yrs old.

Hootius

Director
Staff member
NASCAR Cup Series 2022/S3
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S3
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S3
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
NASCAR Cup Series 2022/S4
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S4
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Hey crew. Wanted to post to say it was a joy racing with you all and have had some fun in the league. Unfortunately my promotion and crazy work schedule has prevented me from practicing how I would want this season, and it's shown in my performance (or major lack thereof). So with that, I'll be stepping down and just gonna focus on the roundy-round racing for a bit. Have fun and best of luck to you all.

CajunGrit

Manager
Staff member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Name
David Hebert
iRacing ID
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Pre-Race Interview:

1- After  a great run at Paul's favorite track Interlagos, we start our tour of Britain with Brands Hatch! A deceptively fast track, where do you think the best place to sneak a pass is with so few heavy braking zones?[/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I’m notoriously bad at remembering track layouts unless it’s an F1 track

2- If you had a re-do of any race this season, which one would you like another shot at? [/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]It probably would hurt if i could go back and redo the first few races of the season. 

3- What is your profession? Tell us a bit about it! [/font]

I’m a photographer. I mostly shoot weddings with the wife, but i also shoot as many youth sports and dance schools as i can. 

Wingnut

Premium Member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S3
Name
Kevin Santana
iRacing ID
1- After a great run at Paul's favorite track Interlagos, we start our tour of Britain with Brands Hatch! A deceptively fast track, where do you think the best place to sneak a pass is with so few heavy braking zones?

Wherever the opportunity may present itself.

2- If you had a re-do of any race this season, which one would you like another shot at?

Donnington. I was taken out by a lapped car.

3- What is your profession? Tell us a bit about it!

Asphalt Laboratory Technician. We do all types of tests on asphalt including but not limited to: binder grading, mix design, forensic analysis, QC analysis and other stuff. You would be surprised how much testing actually goes into asphalt.

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
1. Pitlane. I'll pass Paul on my pit stop.

2. A certain oval in the Pro Mazda years ago where Paul's weight factored into his inability to get past some wicked fast BTR boys. I think that might have been our first and last PRL 1-2. C4C doesn't have one of those do they?

3. I run an Industrial waste processing facility. Its boring... but a step above ironing boards.

ShadowNinjaPug

Premium Member
Name
Raymond Deux
iRacing ID
1. T2 is a great place for an inside overtake.

2. Donnington would be my do over.

3. Founder and Executive Chairman of NinjaTrader Group, the series sponsor :)

dkranes

Premium Member
Name
DANIEL KRANEFUSS
iRacing ID
1. I agree with Raymond - T2 is the least bad place to attempt a pass

2. Road Atlanta would be my do over. I had good pace (6th - 10th) and felt comfortable there all week. Made a silly mistake putting my left sides barely on the grass exiting the chicane. Took major damage.

3. Software Engineer. Was just promoted to team lead so my role is a little closer to what I actually studied in university (many many years ago). The code writing part was something I picked up on my own a few years back.

crich88848

Premium Member
Name
Christopher Richards
iRacing ID
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1- After  a great run at Paul's favorite track Interlagos, we start our tour of Britain with Brands Hatch! A deceptively fast track, where do you think the best place to sneak a pass is with so few heavy braking zones?[/font]

Turn 1 Lap 1 of course!
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2- If you had a re-do of any race this season, which one would you like another shot at? [/font]

Road America for sure, still mad I ran out of gas.
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]3- What is your profession? Tell us a bit about it! [/font]
I am a substation protection and control engineer. I design electrical circuits that control and protect power lines, large power circuit breakers, transformers, cap banks , reactor banks. Essentially I make sure the lights stay on, and when something goes wrong the problem is identified, located, and isolated. Currently working on a project to add a new transmission line and replace a failed 500kV, 450MVA transformer.

Leedo

Name
1.  I'd agree that Turn 2 is best also.

2.  At Donington I made just about every league racing mistake possible (except taking someone else out), including speeding on pit entry, neglecting to set correct refuel amount, going into the kitty litter on pit out, so let's go with that.

3. Video editor - corporate and convention stuff mostly. 

mclachlanol

Organizer
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
Sorry Armando for the bump in the back on lap 2. I bailed to the dirt but couldn't get slowed down in time.

dkranes

Premium Member
Name
DANIEL KRANEFUSS
iRacing ID
Agreed on the netcode. I was closely following an awesome battle between James and Raymond that was cut short by netcode. I was hoping for an opportunity but not like that.

Congrats to Greg and David S!

davidsirois

Name
Congrats Greg and Daniel! I was happy leading the race for the first 15 laps or so! Thanks for not doing crazy moves to pass me. I was not 100% comfortable with the car so I had no intention to fight 0.5s-faster-drivers. I was just doing my race. Happy with 2nd place. :)