Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 8: Azerbaijan - Baku City Circuit (29Nov17 @ 9pm EST)

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
Name
Aaron Webb
iRacing ID
Baku.png

Pre-Race Interview:
1) Welcome back after a Turkey Day Break to Baku.  How do you like this street circuit?
2) Which wheel/pedals are you using for this season?  Are you looking at any upgrades?
3) Perez and Ocon have battled hard all season.  Perez bettered Ocon on points, but how would you rank them?

Fruitsalsa

Name
Is there no "F1 Official" map of the track? Is it why we have the Microsoft Paint/Garmin version of it up there :p ?

nickthequick

Manager
Staff member
Name
Nicholas Delp
iRacing ID
Hopped on today after having a break for two weeks. Man I have to say the curbs on this track can be deadly, and I miss the old last turn before the long straight. The curb is at a funny angle there and I feel like I can never take that one good.

Fruitsalsa

Name
Hey guys, unfortunately I'll have to miss this one as well due to work. I'll catch you next week in Austria. Have fun!

piboye

Name
nickthequick said:
Hopped on today after having a break for two weeks.  Man I have to say the curbs on this track can be deadly, and I miss the old last turn before the long straight.  The curb is at a funny angle there and I feel like I can never take that one good.

I have to agree.  They made the curbs brutal this year.

piboye

Name
1) Welcome back after a Turkey Day Break to Baku. How do you like this street circuit?
I like it. In the past, my best result have come from this track. But the high curbs makes this track more difficult now. And all my braking spots have changed to less convenient spots.

2) Which wheel/pedals are you using for this season? Are you looking at any upgrades?
I'm using the Logitech G27. I'm hoping to upgrade my graphics card.

3) Perez and Ocon have battled hard all season. Perez bettered Ocon on points, but how would you rank them?

Perez is still the better, more well rounded driver. But Ocon has been impressive his first full year.

John Bell

Premium Member
Name
Guys, I have to work tonight :-(

I really want to apologize to all of you guys. I am usually a reliable participant but this season I have just been unlucky with business travel and evening work. I work in the Call Center business and sometimes work has to be done outside of office hours.

If there is anybody waiting for a seat, I'd be happy to move to a reserve slot.

patlessard

Premium Member
Name
John Bell said:
Guys, I have to work tonight :-(

I really want to apologize to all of you guys. I am usually a reliable participant but this season I have just been unlucky with business travel and evening work. I work in the Call Center business and sometimes work has to be done outside of office hours.

If there is anybody waiting for a seat, I'd be happy to move to a reserve slot.

It's ok just leave a message when you can't race  , you only get moved to the reserve list when you're absent without reason