Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 8: Azerbaijan - Baku City Circuit (29Nov17 @ 8:15pm AEDT)

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
Name
Aaron Webb
iRacing ID
Baku.png

Last Season's Results (N/A):
This is the inaugural Azerbaijan Grand Prix in the PRL Pacific region!

Pre-race Questions by kartdude:

1. The castle section of this track is quite tricky. Do you suspect you will have any issues here and how many people do you think will lose some wing here?
2. We are 7 rounds in and the competition is fierce. Who has surprised you so far this season?
3. Rate your season out of 10, and share some highlights so far.
4. With 7 races complete, and 7 different fastest lap setters, will we see an eighth different record setter here, or finally see someone score their second of the season?

El_Majacko

Premium Member
Name
1. The castle section of this track is quite tricky. Do you suspect you will have any issues here and how many people do you think will lose some wing here?
There are a few more risky corners than this section for me. I think just one person will damage themselves through there.
2. We are 7 rounds in and the competition is fierce. Who has surprised you so far this season?
I think most people have surprised me, some for being more successful than predicted and some for the opposite reason. I hadn't raced Maznat prior to this, and he's championship caliber for example.
I'll say 8. I missed an opportunity in Melbourne, maximised my points elsewhere. I did enjoy being a lap up on Maz and dregs at Monaco. The win there is a huge highlight.
4. With 7 races complete, and 7 different fastest lap setters, will we see an eighth different record setter here, or finally see someone score their second of the season?
I haven't set a fastest lap yet, so here's hoping I might be number 8!

H1ghsenberg

Name
Issue only if people in front go unexpectedly slow, then we'll probably see a pile up
This is my first season racing in a league so it's all new to me. What was surprising is how fast and consistent the front runners are.
From my pre-season expectation I'd say 5 (thought I'd be closer up front) but now I'd say a 7. I had a poor start to season (DNF first race on lap 1) but since then have found more consistency finishing in point almost every race. Highlight was qualifying 3rd in Russia and finishing 7th in Monaco
I've tried to get fastest lap while at the back of the grid at spain only to retire so probably no fastest lap for me

El_Majacko

Premium Member
Name
Q: 3rd
I predicted I'd be third on the grid as I knew Maznat was very quick around Baku and thought dreglar might have similar speed. Turns out if I'd nailed a PB I'd have been on the front row, but I was content with a safe P3.

R: 2nd
I negotiated the first lap really safely. I could have had a go at dreglar but chose against it, perhaps to my detriment, but later that seemed not to be the case. I drove around in a lonely P3, gaps expanding ahead and behind. I went longer than the leaders in the hope they would encounter traffic, but they gained time in the process. After a brief stint in the lead I pitted and resumed my lonely net third. I saw a battle brewing for P1 and hoped some sort of damage may put one of my rivals in peril. Sure enough dreglar received some damage and after several laps of steadily reducing a 10 second gap, I was able to overtake him as he clearly wasn't at full throttle through the sweepers due to his damage. P2 was the maximum for me today, so I'm happy. Congrats to Maz on victory.