Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 8: Azerbaijan - Baku City Circuit (25Nov17 @ 7pm GMT)

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Aaron Webb
iRacing ID
Baku.png

Division 1:
Session host is Michemery​
Qualifying starts at 7:00pm (UK time) followed by the race​

Division 2:
Session host is Macca​
Qualifying starts at 7:00pm (UK time) followed by the race​

Pre-Race Questions:
Division 1:
[ol]
[li]In both divisions combined we've had 11 different winners. Is there any driver that hasn't won a race that you would like to see win and why? (Can be a driver from either division)[/li]
[li]We have had 7 races so far, which drivers do you think have under-performed and which have maximised there points and impressed you so far?[/li]
[li]This is arguably the turning point in a season for many driver, quickly approaching the halfway point of Season 15, how do you reflect on your season so far, and what are you trying to aim for for the remaining races?[/li]
[/ol]
Division 2:
[ol]
[li]In both divisions combined we've had 11 different winners. Is there any driver that hasn't won a race that you would like to see win and why? (Can be a driver from either division)[/li]
[li]Are there any drivers within Division 2 who have surprised you, or under-performed in your opinion? [/li]
[li]Now that the season is well underway, how do you compare this game to F1 2016 for league racing?[/li]
[/ol]

Smithy

Premium Member
1. In the case of who deserves a win but hasn't had one, I would say only Rikk has come close to winning who hasn't won. As he was in the fight in China but chose the wrong strategy, and in Canada he was unlucky. It would also be cool if Rikk could join the Race winners club ;)

2. Killers performances have performed and impressed me, but his point haul has unimpressed me... He was at the front in Russia and something happened to him, he was at the front in China, but i think my lag hit him off track which is unlucky tbf.
Yhyy has impressed me a lot, he has a big points hall for someone whos raw pace isnt as fast as half of the grid. His intelligence and strategy calls are almost perfect every race. If his raw pace improved to that of his brother, he would be a force to be reckoned with.
Finally ive been unimpressed with my own performance. I showed a great pace in China, and Bahrain, and Russia, where i used medium TC. Since moving to no TC i have showed no pace at all or consistency. So from now on im back to medium TC.

3. Now im back to medium TC, i want to be aiming for consistent top5 placings, i have dropped to many points so far, with 3 races i have had 0 points (i missed monaco). And if i wanted to beat Neyo in the championship it means i have to beat everyone as he is first.... Which i dont think will happen xD, I want to finish top5 in the drivers championship.

deki106

1. i think Falcon and Angelo will probably win races in the future because of their raw pace

2. i don’t Know i think killer had the same pace as me in the beta but somehow dropped off

3. When I am racing with my own setup it works quite well lol
Unfortunately I missed Australia and Canada and I will also miss Baku
Everything worked pretty good for me but then due to a restart in Spain I missed out to use a setup and some really unlucky shit happend to me so I couldn’t be asked for Monaco as well what resulted in p5 or something

If I am back I want to win every race where I have the chance to win from my raw pace and also I want to win the title everything else wouldn’t make me happy at all

Oldskool3000

Premium Member
[ol]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]In both divisions combined we've had 11 different winners. Is there any driver that hasn't won a race that you would like to see win and why? (Can be a driver from either division)[/font][/ol]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I would guess Macca/Stevo. Both contribute heavily to the league and it would be good to see. I feel bad for Army too, although he's won a race he often seems to get the raw end of things from what I have seen. 2[/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Are there any drivers within Division 2 who have surprised you, or under-performed in your opinion? [/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Aside from me, I've been in some good positions in the last two races to take away decent points and messed it up. I would say from the pace i've seen from Army and Macca they will view their results to be a bit disappointing. Racing at home is probably the hardest to read results wise, Can't work out if he's going to be clear of the midfield by a mile, crash out or be behind pace! [/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]3 (I didn't race last year so will answer Div1's question)[/font]
This is arguably the turning point in a season for many driver, quickly approaching the halfway point of Season 15, how do you reflect on your season so far, and what are you trying to aim for for the remaining races?
Just lack of consistency. I have finally fixed my net problem which I think cost me last race 6th or 7th. I think it's Karma though because my lag has impacted others performance so I take it on the chin. I really should be battling for 6th or 7th every race and 10th should be the absolute minimum, it's been a learning curve though, Montreal is my fave track on this game so that hurt a little bit but I'm hoping over the next 6 races I can double my points tally from the first six races. 

ne-yo1993

Premium Member
1..100% killerblue. He has so much badluck. Not just in this season, also in the last season. Guess 2017 isn't his best year. I know he can win if everything comes together. It'a just really hard to win in such a competitive league.
Think rikkurich deserves a win too. His debut season was really good & now it's time for the next step.

Yhyy & Kuba are impressive so far.
Yhyy is very smart when it comes to strategys. He knows what to do on track to reach his goals. I'm sure there is more to come from him.
Can say the same about kuba. He struggled a bit in the first races but his performances are on point since russia I believe. I'm sure he will win a race this season.

My season isn't the greatest so far. 1 win, 4 podiums. Leading both championships. That might sound pretty good but I had so many ups & downs. Bottled the qualifying in monaco. Wrong strategy in spain. Badluck with lag in bahrain. So many points I've lost already. On the other side, I'm really happy with my performances in Australia, China & canada. The next 4-5 races are important to stay in the fight for both title. That is my aim

ibbopaul

In both divisions combined we've had 11 different winners. Is there any driver that hasn't won a race that you would like to see win and why? (Can be a driver from either division)

Jake, Fab, Dave, Me, Stevo on his return season too

Are there any drivers within Division 2 who have surprised you, or under-performed in your opinion?

The boss Macca should be winning, he may be doing what I used to do when hosting stay back and make sure people get off grid ok and have a good race. I still do that a bit when racing but on the grid now I try to start as far up as I possibly can and don't mind if I'm in the packed midfield. Sadly I don't have the speed to go for top spots on the grid but Macca does.

Now that the season is well underway, how do you compare this game to F1 2016 for league racing?

We have so many new people must mean the game is a lot more popular and that people are realising PRL best place for league racing. A more in depth Career where add points to things to upgrade things, Cars are nice and chubby. It just feels better I still see the Codemasters lag around when in random multiplayer lobbies.

ibbopaul

Oldskool "Racing at home is probably the hardest to read results wise, Can't work out if he's going to be clear of the midfield by a mile, crash out or be behind pace!"

That is Jake in a nutshell man the James Hunt of PRL F1, had to put up with that for feels like decades :) he can do good but then has the urge to put wet tyres on a dry track or dry on wet. But he's my teammate I'll still back him up.

Yhyy123

1. So many people have won now so it’s hard to say. Someone getting a shock win would be great of course.
2. I don’t know if anyone has under-performed, but maybe I thought Cantera and Smithy would be higher in the standings, maybe Gary should have mote points as well.
Tbh I think I have been over-performing this season, but also I didnt think Neyo would lead the championship after the problems he has had.
3. I have already accomplished my goals for the season that was getting over 30 points during the season. So dont have any goals anymore, I guess I will aim to be 12th in the standings.

Garydonegan35

Premium Member
I think rikkurch deserves to win a race this season he has shown great pace this season but has been unlucky in the 2 occasions he has been battling for the win in China and canada im sure he will get one before the end of the season if he keeps performing like this

2)personally I feel I have under performed this season but I'm working hard to change this I think yhyy has been the standout performer so far this Season if he continues with the great strategy calls and finds some more pace he could be a regular points scorer

3)my aim for the rest of the season is to get as many points as possible and try and climb up the table and maybe even challenge yhyy if I can get enough points

Michemery

1. I think Kuba will win a race I would like to see that.

2. I think I have under performed. I have started at the back too many times because I bottled qualifying. I also messed up Canada which REALLY annoyed me because my pace was really good in practice and I could have taken the lead of the championship.

3. I have had good moments but I really should have more points. Me and Cantera collided at 3 of the first 4 races which ruined my race in China and Russia. However, my pace has improved in the last few races so I want to carry that into the rest of the season. I think I'll finish around 3rd, but I'm going for both titles.

rikkurich

Premium Member
1. I'd like to see Killer, Smithy and Macca win a race because they have done great jobs as organizers and making this league really competitive and enjoyable. Also either of the Irish guys because then their banter would reach new heights.

2. I don't know if anyone has really under-performed in D1 because the grid is so strong and one mistake could cost a lot of points. I think Yhyy has been great so far and in every race he even surprises himself. He doesn't do a lot of practice and still manages to bring points for us consistently in tough D1.

3. I am happy for my season and my team's season so far. I still want that first win and I want to keep my 6th place in the standings even though there are faster guys than me below the standings. I can see our team battling for 4th if everything goes well and that is a higher aim than what Yhyy and I had before the season started.

A

armytricks

In both divisions combined we've had 11 different winners. Is there any driver that hasn't won a race that you would like to see win and why? (Can be a driver from either division)
Are there any drivers within Division 2 who have surprised you, or under-performed in your opinion?
Now that the season is well underway, how do you compare this game to F1 2016 for league racing?

1. Definitely my team-mate, Stevo because I think if anyone else has to win a race next he is probably the most deserving. He's on the pace and looking very good at Baku in practice so he's got a pretty good chance of it too!

2. Well, mostly myself really. I was hoping to be within the top 3 by this point and I've failed to do that because I'm unable to have clean races (mostly my fault).

3. Never played 2016 league racing.

ibbopaul

My Azerbijan PRL history now is 4 sessions, 3 DNFs.

F1 2016 Quali rain crash coming out of turn 13
Race crash at turn 19 lap 1

F1 2017 Quali managed to complete 12th
Race big Lag or jump start by Emporer off the grid, me again crash at turn 19 but further along time but still on lap 1.

ibbopaul

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adFGFaYAr8U&t=2805s[/youtube]

sadly mostly shows the race in the broadcast/spectator mode