Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 8: Azerbaijan - Baku City (23May18 @ 8:15pm AEDT)

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
Name
Aaron Webb
iRacing ID
Baku.png

Last Season's Results:
1st: Maznat87
2nd: El_Majacko
3rd: dreglar
Pole: Maznat87 (1.40.796)
FL: Maznat87 (1.43.783)

1. After consecutive pole positions going to New Zealanders, will it be a Kiwi hat-trick this week?
2. Maznat dominated this event last season, with pole, the win and fastest lap. Will he repeat that this season?
While the Wall of Champions didn't claim the victims we anticipated last round, will the castle section at Baku be the scene of damaged cars this round?
4. Wayneo drove a spectacular race from last to the podium in Canada. Who will be the driver to gain the most positions from their grid slot in Azerbaijan?

El_Majacko

Premium Member
Name
1. After consecutive pole positions going to New Zealanders, will it be a Kiwi hat-trick this week?
While the skills of the gentlemen in question are proven to be worthy of a third consecutive pole, I believe Maznat is the favourite for pole position in Baku.
2. Maznat dominated this event last season, with pole, the win and fastest lap. Will he repeat that this season?
I think he'll secure pole, but the rest may be a greater challenge.
3. While the Wall of Champions didn't claim the victims we anticipated last round, will the castle section at Baku be the scene of damaged cars this round?
Maybe some wings, but I think there are more dangerous sections than the castle area.
4. Wayneo drove a spectacular race from last to the podium in Canada. Who will be the driver to gain the most positions from their grid slot in Azerbaijan?
It was a fantasticly patient drive from the Renault man! Well done. This is a very difficult prediction, as its probably going to be someone who has a poor qualifying session. I'll guess Wayneo to go back-to-back!

craigd92

Name

I believe Maznat will be on pole and possibly a kiwi on the front row as well.

I'd bet on it.

3. While the Wall of Champions didn't claim the victims we anticipated last round, will the castle section at Baku be the scene of damaged cars this round?

I believe a few cars will end up in the wall at that section, as well as turn 18/19. I've seen a few cars in the wall there when tyres start to wear out.

I've had some horrible qualifying sessions this season, so hopefully it's me.

Name

I would really like to hope so, but i have heard Maz is quite quick so it will be an exciting fight for pole.

I reckon Maz will have to work for it if he wants to repeat his success, it will be a tightly contested fight

No i don't think so. Most of the drivers in this league fight hard, but and push each other to their limits.

It depends on how qualifying goes for everyone.

El_Majacko

Premium Member
Name
Q: 1st
Not quite the PB but didn't matter. Maz was obviously capable of beating it, but on the softs he could only manage P2.

R: 1st
Pole to the win. One could mistake that for being an easy race. It was actually super tough. I had to defend for the early laps with Maz right up my bum. I had much less downforce which made the defense possible. Eventually he went too deep trying a move at T3 and dani got through. I already knew she had a pit penalty, so when she caught me I let her through, with my tyres being worse for wear. I pit anticipated late rain for softs. I was so wrong. Only a few laps later it was inters time and I'd lost several positions and pretty much a pit stop worth of time to the leaders. Not only that, but while running 3rd I went down the T3 escape road losing a spot to Wayneo. Kart emerged ahead on wets and chased down Wayneo and stewart only to come together with the latter putting all 4 of us in a line. Stewart crashed from third leaving Kart on wets in the lead, with Wayneo and I on inters falling back. The final three laps dried up and we started closing in on Kart. Kart started the final lap with a slim lead on the Renault with me around 3 seconds behind. As the battle ensued ahead I closed in, just in time for some side by side action ahead. I set myself for a better run and we were three wide at one point on the final lap in the rain for the win! I didn't deserve the win due to my strategic and on track mistakes, but here I am with 25 points. Very impressive drive from Wayneo again. GG.