Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2021 Season 2 Signups are open !

GT3 Sportscar Series is now full but we still have room in the Tuesday LMP2/GTE Sportscar Series for our sportscar enthusiasts.

For our NASCAR Drivers, we have a few more spots in the Sunday Cup Series and the Wednesday Truck Series is closed.

Our open wheel Indy Pro 2000 series also has a few spots left for Season 2.

Round 8: Autodromo Jose Carlos Pace - GP (15 Nov)

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
 ​
Sponsor this circuit for only $6.95 USD

[circuit_7][/circuit_7]​

Time of day: Afternoon
Race Length: 30 minutes
Max Incidents: 30
Max. fuel: 100%
Start: Standing
Fast Repair: 1

Pre-race Interview

1- Our work finished in Germany, we have skipped across the pond to a track knows as Interlagos in Brazil!  Some love it, some hate it, but there is no denying it has a lot of history and has produced many exciting races in the past due to the unpredictable weather here.  Do you look forward to the day that iRacing implements changing weather and/or rain?

2- F1 is racing here this weekend!  Will you be watching the race even though the title is decided?  Who is your money on?

3- Let's create some controversy.  Is it pronounced GIF (G like gorilla) or JIF?  Why is everyone else so, so wrong?

TRG

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1- Our work finished in Germany, we have skipped across the pond to a track knows as Interlagos in Brazil!  Some love it, some hate it, but there is no denying it has a lot of history and has produced many exciting races in the past due to the unpredictable weather here.  Do you look forward to the day that iRacing implements changing weather and/or rain?[/font]

I am one of the few that like Interlagos. BRING ON THE WEATHER. I am all for adding as many features as possible to improve the realism.

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2- F1 is racing here this weekend!  Will you be watching the race even though the title is decided?  Who is your money on?[/font]

I always follow the silly circus that F1 has become. Kimi is my guy, so I will root for him. As a Ferrari fan, I can't help but be happy that the title is decided. We get to see funny/goofy Vettel instead of under pressure/making mistakes Vettel.

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]3- Let's create some controversy.  Is it pronounced GIF (G like gorilla) or JIF?  Why is everyone else so, so wrong?[/font]

Good lord, not this battle. I've always gone with the hard-G JIF way of life. No sense changing now. Everyone else is wrong because I say so.

paulwildridge

Premium Member
Full Name
Paul Wildridge
iRacing ID
1- Our work finished in Germany, we have skipped across the pond to a track knows as Interlagos in Brazil! Some love it, some hate it, but there is no denying it has a lot of history and has produced many exciting races in the past due to the unpredictable weather here. Do you look forward to the day that iRacing implements changing weather and/or rain?

I definitely Want weather change. Now for Interlagos... I do like the track but suck there. Really its just 1 turn but screw it... still gonna send it!

2- F1 is racing here this weekend! Will you be watching the race even though the title is decided? Who is your money on?

Ah back to the fast parade discussions... Hamilburg will take this one. Merc is super strong and has the best car. Anyone that disagrees with that assessment has to either be oblivious to car performance or just a D-BAG!

3- Let's create some controversy. Is it pronounced GIF (G like gorilla) or JIF? Why is everyone else so, so wrong?

GIF! JIF is a peanut butter, if you disagree I will hit you this Thursday!

CajunGrit

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
David Hebert
iRacing ID
Pre-race Interview

1- Our work finished in Germany, we have skipped across the pond to a track knows as Interlagos in Brazil! Some love it, some hate it, but there is no denying it has a lot of history and has produced many exciting races in the past due to the unpredictable weather here. Do you look forward to the day that iRacing implements changing weather and/or rain?

I love interlagos! And for sure, can’t wait until we can have races in the wet.

2- F1 is racing here this weekend! Will you be watching the race even though the title is decided? Who is your money on?

Hell yeah! I can’t wait to watch the race replay to see my favorite driver Max Verstappen take home the win!!!

3- Let's create some controversy. Is it pronounced GIF (G like gorilla) or JIF? Why is everyone else so, so wrong?

It’s definitely pronounced Jif. Now fight me! FIGHT ME!!!

Gunner

Organizer
Full Name
Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Pre-race Interview[/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1- Our work finished in Germany, we have skipped across the pond to a track knows as Interlagos in Brazil!  Some love it, some hate it, but there is no denying it has a lot of history and has produced many exciting races in the past due to the unpredictable weather here.  Do you look forward to the day that iRacing implements changing weather and/or rain?[/font]

I used to hate it actually, but once I figured the track out, I quite like it now.  Turn 10 still kills my laptime it seems, so guess I shouldn't say I have figured it out haha.  I do look forward to weather improvements.  Rain will certainly be a huge challenge I am sure!

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2- F1 is racing here this weekend!  Will you be watching the race even though the title is decided?  Who is your money on?[/font]

I didn't have time to watch it live, but watched it later on.  Being a Ferrari fan, it wasn't quite what I was hoping for, but there was certainly some entertaining moments!

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]3- Let's create some controversy.  Is it pronounced GIF (G like gorilla) or JIF?  Why is everyone else so, so wrong?[/font]

JIF all the way.  I know what it stands for, and yes that doesn't really make sense, but the English language rarely does.  The creator says it JIF himself!  Everyone else is wrong because they are siding with Paul and should know better.

bonaduce

Premium Member
Full Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
1- Our work finished in Germany, we have skipped across the pond to a track knows as Interlagos in Brazil!  Some love it, some hate it, but there is no denying it has a lot of history and has produced many exciting races in the past due to the unpredictable weather here.  Do you look forward to the day that iRacing implements changing weather and/or rain?

Love this track, may be slow, but there is something about this track that just "Flows" with me.  To think about it only one other track brings the same feeling.

2- F1 is racing here this weekend!  Will you be watching the race even though the title is decided?  Who is your money on?

Although I like the Mercedes, Ferrari, and some times Redbull, I have to favor Grosjean, deep in my heart I want an American team to compete in this ring.  Would really like to see an American driver, but he decided on Indy.

3- Let's create some controversy.  Is it pronounced GIF (G like gorilla) or JIF?  Why is everyone else so, so wrong?

No controversy, you say it your way, I say it mine.  Yours is wrong!!!!!!!!!!

dan

mclachlanol

Organizer
Full Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
1. Yes definitely. Would love to see changing weather and day/night transitions. Rain could be tough with current saftey rating model but it would add an element of fun for league racing.

2. I haven't watched to many F1 races this year. I miss the sound of the old car, plus I'm not a fan of the new driver saftey sheild. It looks awful. Either make it open cockpit or put glass around it. If I had to root for a team I still have a soft spot for Williams.

3. Jif! Paul is going to run out of fast repairs before he can hit all of us haha!
Oh wait he is my teammate I shouldn't be rooting for that!!!

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
1- I'm looking forward to see iRacing weather transition. Apparently, it's for december, but I haven't heard a lot about it. About rain, that would be fun, but I'm also scared... Usually people don't practice under rain condition, so when it comes, it's a disaster and wreck fest!

2- I haven't watched the race because I forgot to record it with my DVR. I understand Verstappen frustration, however, Ocon had all the right to unlap himself since he was on faster tires. I still put Ocon as responsible, but both was fighting hard for a banal situation.

3- Well, I'm a french canadian and even in french, we are saying GIF (as gorilla). Never heard someone saying JIF lol

crich88848

Premium Member
Full Name
Christopher Richards
iRacing ID
Seriously though, haven't put a single lap on this track yet and really have raced at all the last couple weeks. So should be incident fest for me. But I'll drive as I always do, till the wheels fall off. In a fashion that would make Gilles Villeneuve proud.

CajunGrit

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
David Hebert
iRacing ID
crich88848 said:
Seriously though, haven't put a single lap on this track yet and really have raced at all the last couple weeks. So should be incident fest for me. But I'll drive as I always do, till the wheels fall off. In a fashion that would make Gilles Villeneuve proud.

Same boat. Haven’t had as much time this season to practice as I’d like, but racing unprepared is kinda my thing now...

SharkV

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Dany Duchesne
iRacing ID
CajunGrit said:
crich88848 said:

Same boat. Haven’t had as much time this season to practice as I’d like, but racing unprepared is kinda my thing now...

Unprepared racing could be like unprotected sex.   Lots of surprises 😀😀😀😀😀