Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

Round 8: Atlanta Motor Speedway - Oval (20 Feb)

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Atlanta Motor Speedway - Oval.png

Time of day: Afternoon
Race Length: 60 laps
Max Incidents: 13
Max. Fuel: 100%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 0

Pre-race interview 

1. The season for the trucks has come to a close. What are you proud of accomplishing over these last 7 weeks going on 8?
2. How did you get into sim racing? What got you hooked? 
3. Did you watch the Daytona 500? If so, did you enjoy it?

fotors3

Premium Member
NASCAR Cup Series 2022/S2
Name
Brandon
iRacing ID
Pre-race interview questions are live!

1. I have learned to save the tires more on longer runs and not to overdrive it. 

2. I got hooked when I was a kid. My dad had bought a wheel and 2 games: the original NASCAR Racing game by Papyrus and a Grand Prix game. Both were very fun to do. 

3. I watched it live from the stands! (Yeah I know, this question was biased. Lol). It was amazing to see in person. Other than the wrecks it was a very good race to see. Good for Denny. 

chatley59

Premium Member
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S2
Name
Brenden Chatley2
iRacing ID
1. Not much, this has been a season for me to forget

2. David Akers (old philly eagles kicker) would race with junior on here and the local sports station reported on it in 2010 so I gave it a shot and besides a gap for a couple years, have been racing on iracing ever since.

3. I was too busy yelling at refs during the championship game of a hockey tournament and then driving home from Pittsburgh to see any of it

ahunter27t

Premium Member
Name
Austin Hunter
iRacing ID
1. The season for the trucks has come to a close. What are you proud of accomplishing over these last 7 weeks going on 8?
For trucks? ive gotten nothing to be proud of lol it was a ROUGHH season.
2. How did you get into sim racing? What got you hooked?
My parents got it for me as a gift one christmas, ive been hooked since.
3. Did you watch the Daytona 500? If so, did you enjoy it?
i really enjoyed the first 450 miles or so. The ending was rough. Glad for some smaller teams to get top 10 and 20s

Miker9253

Premium Member
Name
Mike Richter
iRacing ID
First Season with PRL looking at a top 5, cant complain too much... not been as clean as I'd like but next season

I had a Apple CPU in the late 80's with what I think was an original make of need for speed and some nascar game with Bill Elliot on it. I was 7.....In 1996-8 I bought my first wheel with some viper racing game and Raced with people online ever since across all platforms

I napped through most of it! Enjoyed it but it was like watching iRacing like no one cared about $$$$ or bump drafting, stupid bumps and moves took out a lot of great cars!

amelikian

Name
Lucking into my first win was nice. Other than that, just happy to complete my first league season and happy to find a nice group of people to race with.

I started sim racing about a year ago. Roommate helped me build a gaming pc and I was tired of bad NASCAR games on the consoles. iRacing actually got me back into NASCAR since Mark Martin's first retirement.

I had some friends over to watch the race. It definitely surpassed expectations after a lack luster speed weeks.  I would have taken one or two less crashes but other than that, I thought it was a good race.

Hootius

Director
Staff member
GT4/TCR IMSA Series 2022/S2
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S2
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
1. Very inconsistent season for me and very disappointed with my performance. Hoping to get all of the driver errors and bad luck out of my system now and come back strong for the next season.

2. It started with the old Papyrus Nascar games way back. Took me too long to get into iRacing, but Papyrus is what got me originally hooked.

3. Yes and it was alright, outside of the final 20 laps turning into Carb Cup. Hopefully Krut bounces back strong at Atlanta.

Rob H

Premium Member
Name
Rob Haynes
iRacing ID
Pretty proud of the season this LRD Motorsports Beer Store #68 Chevy has had; so far. Finishing last at Eldora (R5) pretty much sealed any Championship hopes. As well as Mr Holly's wins and top 5's - they didn't help either 😂

I remember running Pole Position at the arcades. Always striving for P1. Then progressed through the console years until I learned of iRacing. It's been iRacing ever since.

Watched the race. Thought it was a good race. Couple of wrecks at the end kinda wrecked it.

fotors3

Premium Member
Name
Brandon
iRacing ID
Good race tonight guys. Congrats to Brad on the driver's title and Colton and Thomas on the team title! We will see you all in a few weeks.

P.s. Sorry Robert and Charles for screwing you guys up on my stupid strategy. 2 tires at Atlanta was a bad idea. :(

Attachments

• 022019_ATL_Lead_1.jpg
    022019_ATL_Lead_1.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 18

Hootius

Director
Staff member
GT4/TCR IMSA Series 2022/S2
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S2
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Not sure if you heard me on discord last night since I was having mic issues apparently, but I enjoyed our battles Thomas. It really did seem like we were right near each other for damn near the whole race lol