Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

Round 7: WeatherTech Raceway at Laguna Seca - Full Course (Feb 8)

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
LMP2/GT3 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
LagunaSeca.png

Race Time of day: 2021-02-06 16:10 1x
Race Length: 40 minutes
Max Incidents: Drive through at 11x, DSQ at 17x
Max Fuel: 50%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 0

millenix

Organizer
Name
JR Williams
iRacing ID
Had slowdown from the corkscrew when we went 2 wide and I cut it too much and was holding wide to serve it in next lefthander and got pushed off track, held brakes but car just spun sideways back on track not much I could do as I was just along for the ride at that point. Sorry for all who died with me.

diegomorales

Premium Member
Name
Diego Morales
iRacing ID
Want to apologize to hugogallo and lafcam93 for the scrapping at the start... I thought I was clear and kinda closed the door there.... my bad, so sorry.

Two more things:

- Sorry for the lappers if I was aggressive, barryf1fan I really couldn't do anything. Nobody was making it easier and I was having pressure from behind.

- Qualify. Common guys. Why overtake people in the last corner of an opening lap?! Seriously? I was slow to give a gap to the car in front. It happened three times already. Just give some room and everybody will be fine.

lewisgoodway

Name
Lewis Goodway
iRacing ID
barryf1fan You gotta use your mirrors and respect blue flags. Diego was right behind you for a whole lap and you showed no intention of letting him past. The race is broadcast and it looks very unprofessional when lapped cars are blocking someone racing for a podium.

barryf1fan

Premium Member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Barry Cochrane
iRacing ID
Want to apologize to hugogallo and lafcam93 for the scrapping at the start... I thought I was clear and kinda closed the door there.... my bad, so sorry.

Two more things:

- Sorry for the lappers if I was aggressive, barryf1fan I really couldn't do anything. Nobody was making it easier and I was having pressure from behind.

- Qualify. Common guys. Why overtake people in the last corner of an opening lap?! Seriously? I was slow to give a gap to the car in front. It happened three times already. Just give some room and everybody will be fine.

Diego, apologies if it was me that kept you behind for an "entire lap", which I don't think it was me. I saw you there and was going to let you by between T4 and T5 - you did it at T3 and I had no problem with that. We both got a 0x from a little brush. No problems. It's a very difficult track to pass or let traffic by. I watched the replay and it looked to be the car in front of me that you were behind for an entire lap. . .

The guys at the front have to realize that, while not on "your level", we are still racing and doing our best. There are going to be times when you have to be the one who is patient - Laguna Seca doesn't afford a whole lot of places to "take a break" during the lap and us slow guys are not only trying to race and be as fast and consistent as we can be, but all the while trying to let people through.
It's not like your playing through in golf, where we can just stand over to the side of the fairway while you play through - we have a race that we are running too, and trying not to lose as much time as possible.

While I can understand your frustration lewisgoodway that you have a slow person in front of you (I don't recall holding you up at all), for example me, it is as much your responsibility as mine to get you by safely. I have worked hard on my race craft as well as my pace to be as competitive as possible for the race(s), and we have been told numerous times to hold our line and not do anything erratic - and the fast guys will get by (Ken Rodriguez please inform me if this is incorrect) - I let numerous people by, including you, with a slight lift on a straight.

I had well over 200 laps of practice for that race (as I practice for every race) and went from doing 1:26's to doing 1:23's consistently, with my best being some 1:22's. I understand I'm not on your level when it comes to outright pace - I think maybe you fast guys need to understand and have the expectation that some of us are doing our best, and trying to not ruin anyone's race, which you know happens... whether intentional or not. Had I punted Gallo off at T5, I would have waited till he got back on track and got going again, I've done it before and will do it again the next time it happens. Not saying you should've done that, but I would have.

I'm a 1600 iRating (and have less than a year in iRacing, and not saying my iRating excuses anything) and make a mistake here and there, to be expected, but you are an over 6.5K iRating and made a huge mistake on Lap 1 which did ruin someone's race. I know that what happened with you and Hugo wasn't intentional on your part (as I'm sure Hugo knows that). While I can appreciate your intent on telling me to use my mirrors, I think maybe you should possibly look in the mirror as well. The sporting thing to do would have been to give Hugo back the position (ie., in front of you) no matter how many positions you lost.

Again diegomorales , if I cost you something in that race I sincerely apologize, and have no problem with you pushing your way through - you know what you're doing and glad you got by with minimal circumstance. In the future I will try even harder and do better to let you guys by.

arnaudgenest

Director
Staff member
Name
Arnaud Genest
iRacing ID
Well this race needs a serious Orange Zone review..

aldosec99 , Watched the replay over and over.. It looks like I'm dropping an anchor after the Corkscrew but just lifted because JR Williams was having a slow down and another car was right beside him.. You came in like a torpedo... I wish you avoided the contact. but that's just what it is.

PipeCeballos - You should not jump the start like that.. I figure that all Radicals teammate are on the same channel and it gives you an edge and that's ok.. but your pace isn't quick enough to jump 5-6 places and keep those positions.. it is just dangerous for the first lap at least..

Ken Rodriguez

Organizer
GT3 Sprint Series 2022/S2
Name
Kenneth Rodriguez
iRacing ID
We are in the process of giving the OZ a very thorough review. Nothing will be missed. With regard to jumping at the start, it seems that the green lights were out when acceleration was made, but that will be up to the stewards to decide as there appears there was contact before the start/finish line which counts as Orange Zone.

Last edited:

lafcam93

Name
James David
iRacing ID

Two more things:

No prob, i managed to end my race hopes myself... but thanks for the apologies...

It came close to a catastrophic start XD

See u all next week

lafcam93

Name
James David
iRacing ID
Well this race needs a serious Orange Zone review..

aldosec99 , Watched the replay over and over.. It looks like I'm dropping an anchor after the Corkscrew but just lifted because JR Williams was having a slow down and another car was right beside him.. You came in like a torpedo... I wish you avoided the contact. but that's just what it is.

PipeCeballos - You should not jump the start like that.. I figure that all Radicals teammate are on the same channel and it gives you an edge and that's ok.. but your pace isn't quick enough to jump 5-6 places and keep those positions.. it is just dangerous for the first lap at least..
I must admit i agree with you arnaudgenest , yeah it's racing, and overtaking is a part of it, but if you qualify 6 positions behind there a good chance jumping 6 cars on the start will make it difficult for the driver doing it and for the others as the pace difference will likely lead to incident.

lewisgoodway

Name
Lewis Goodway
iRacing ID
I had well over 200 laps of practice for that race (as I practice for every race) and went from doing 1:26's to doing 1:23's consistently, with my best being some 1:22's. I understand I'm not on your level when it comes to outright pace - I think maybe you fast guys need to understand and have the expectation that some of us are doing our best, and trying to not ruin anyone's race, which you know happens... whether intentional or not. Had I punted Gallo off at T5, I would have waited till he got back on track and got going again, I've done it before and will do it again the next time it happens. Not saying you should've done that, but I would have.

I'm a 1600 iRating (and have less than a year in iRacing, and not saying my iRating excuses anything) and make a mistake here and there, to be expected, but you are an over 6.5K iRating and made a huge mistake on Lap 1 which did ruin someone's race. I know that what happened with you and Hugo wasn't intentional on your part (as I'm sure Hugo knows that). While I can appreciate your intent on telling me to use my mirrors, I think maybe you should possibly look in the mirror as well. The sporting thing to do would have been to give Hugo back the position (ie., in front of you) no matter how many positions you lost.

Again diegomorales , if I cost you something in that race I sincerely apologize, and have no problem with you pushing your way through - you know what you're doing and glad you got by with minimal circumstance. In the future I will try even harder and do better to let you guys by.
Trust me id let someone retake the position if i felt i passed someone unfairly. Thats difficult to do when someone is out of the race. Also id like to add that on my screen i didnt even make contact with Hugo and No 4x was given(so until after the race i assumed it was netcode). Add to the fact this should probably be my 1st penalty ive received in PRL.

diegomorales

Premium Member
Name
Diego Morales
iRacing ID
barryf1fan No problem, Barry. Thanks for taking the time to write here. I was behind three cars, the one right in front of me being you. I was behind you guys right before the corkscrew... And I had to open my way through you guys on T3. And after I passed you, both cars that were fighting crashed in front of me in the corkscrew as I was waiting again to find a gap to pass.

It was a full lap until I cleared three lap cars (you and the two guys that crashed in front of me) and if you have someone pressuring you from behind, that sounds like eternity. :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, you guys were fighting and I want be respectful of that, so I was trying to be careful not to get in the way. I waited, Lewis closed the gap, I felt the pressure and lost the position to him on the next lap. If I was in the fight for the championship I would be really mad haha and at least who got my position is someone from my team.

Just wanted to pointed everything here for the future. Hope we can keep racing everyone with respect. Thats what makes this league attractive to me.

:)

Spinn

Premium Member
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S2
Name
Spencer Semkowich
iRacing ID
barryf1fan No problem, Barry. Thanks for taking the time to write here. I was behind three cars, the one right in front of me being you. I was behind you guys right before the corkscrew... And I had to open my way through you guys on T3. And after I passed you, both cars that were fighting crashed in front of me in the corkscrew as I was waiting again to find a gap to pass.

Yeah, that was Chris Rines and me - he got into the back of me as I got whoa'd up faster than he expected (I'm assuming)🥺. Completely broke the car even though it was only a 2x. At least I still got the bonus point for a clean race.

Spinn

Premium Member
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S2
Name
Spencer Semkowich
iRacing ID
This is one of the biggest reasons for the AM/Pro classification for next season.
So serious question here: a lead-lap car running bottom of the Pro standings comes up on the Am leader and second battling 1 lap down.

What would the expected etiquette be regarding the blue flags?

lewisgoodway

Name
Lewis Goodway
iRacing ID
Etiquette should always be for a slower driver to move out the way in a safe way. Chances are you will lose less time that way also. For example if Barry let Diego pass on the pit straight and tagged in behind us he would probably have the chance to pass the other 2 cars when they let us go a few corners later.