Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 7: Watkins Glen International - Cup (01 Aug)

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Watkins Glen International - Cup.png
 ​
Sponsor this circuit for only $6.95 USD

[circuit_7][/circuit_7]​

Time of day: Afternoon
Laps: 35
Max. fuel: 100%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 0

Pre-race Interview
1. We are on road this week! What are your expectations for your first road race of the series?
2. Watkins Glen is a classic american road circuit. What is your favorite american road circuit and why?
3. In 2019, the Toyota Supra will be racing in the NASCAR xFinity Series. What are your thoughts about the Supra?

Paul48

Premium Member
Full Name
Thomas Sink
iRacing ID
1. We are on road this week! What are your expectations for your first road race of the series?
Survival! Manage my mistakes for a solid finish.
2. Watkins Glen is a classic american road circuit. What is your favorite american road circuit and why?
Laguna Seca? If I spelt that correctly.
3. In 2019, the Toyota Supra will be racing in the NASCAR xFinity Series. What are your thoughts about the Supra?
No Opinion.

ahunter27t

Premium Member
Full Name
Austin Hunter
iRacing ID
Pre-race Interview
Not finish last!
i like watkins glen cup version. simple yet challenging.
I like the idea, wasnt a huge fan of the way the car looks as of now.

Hootius

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
I love the track and have had success there on the console side, but I've been in such a funk the past month, that I'll be happy to just make it through the race without getting into an accident (and the baby is getting tucked in at 7:30 this week!)

Glen is my favorite. Fast and not overly complicated, that sets up for some great battles.

That thing is fugly

fotors3

Premium Member
Full Name
Brandon
iRacing ID
Pre-race Interview

I'm expecting some veterans out front and the rest just running along. Hopefully not too many spins.

Watkins Glen is my favorite road course. It's fun, fast, and tricky.

As a diehard JDM fan I'm pretty excited. However, I hate how the Supra looks on a stock car. The real Supra is very narrow and curvy. The NASCAR version is wide and boxy. I am glad they're marketing it though. Could possibly bring new fans in. 

ColtonLayne

Premium Member
Full Name
Colton Layne
iRacing ID
1. Probably much of the same people running in the same places unless someone is a road ringer that Im not aware of lol.

2. Road America is my favorite. Love that its HUGE and has some super long straights that the stock cars take advantage of.

3. Well its a Toyota in the Xfinity series so its probably going to be fast, as far as looks its meh to me, but then again im not really a Toyota fan anyways.

XSYSE

Premium Member
Full Name
Robert Besaw Jr
iRacing ID

I'm not sure where the field will be at, I've been ok in open lobby's but there has been a large time gap in the top finishers. Hopefully I can get a better showing then I've had.

I like the Glen, its home here in New York and isn't too tricky

Not sure about the Xfinity car, I would think it's better applied in a GT series

Hootius

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Q: 10th
Sadly to say that lap was a PB >.<

R: 5th
I knew my speed was off so the only thing I could do was focus on not having any mistakes and getting lucky if others do. That's what happened. That was a much needed good turn of events after a disappointing season so far. Thank you to Rob for a respectful battle the last handful of laps. You were definitely faster than me my man, I was just lucky enough to be just good enough out of the final turn and through the Esses to put up a fight.

XSYSE

Premium Member
Full Name
Robert Besaw Jr
iRacing ID
R:6th,  I couldn't make heads or tails why Sink didnt get a Q lap he had top 4 speed.  I however was very appreciative as he was saving the car for a long run and after following him many laps I knew the pace I needed and had a strong car on late runs.  Screwed up my pit stop so I had to close 4 sec. on Charles and had little left to complete a pass

fotors3

Premium Member
Full Name
Brandon
iRacing ID
Just got too frustrated. I had spun earlier and dropped to 7th. Finally almost got to 5th when I panicked as Colton wrecked into the bus stop. Sorry Thomas, I know my truck hit yours. After pitting and I spun again, I had had enough. Hope next week is better.