Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 7: Watkins Glen International - Boot / Late Afternoon (01 May)

bige3dalejr88

Premium Member

This race has been sponsored and brought to broadcast by Team HFD1 Motorsports!

Broadcast Link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkO9P0BEOCs

Time of day: Late Afternoon
Max. incidents: 40
Race length: 60 minutes
Max. fuel: 65%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 1

The session will start 30 minutes later because this race is 60 minutes.

Practice: 6:20pm EST (160 minutes)
Qualifying: 9pm EST (15 minutes)
Race: 9:15pm EST (60 minutes)

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Hey guys,

Please be aware that our teamspeak server IP has changed due to maintenance/migration.

You will find the new teamspeak IP following the link below:
http://precisionracingleague.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=125&t=1482

Kenny Duval

Premium Member
Congrats to Ben on the win. My condolences to Cristian for the late race mishap. Juan however had a monster race and one hell of a pit stop. I entered the pits with 5 seconds in hand and he managed to get out in front of me after his stop by 5. I didn't really have any error on my out lap so I had to go back and watch the broadcast. My stop was 22 seconds in the box and his pit crew managed a 13 second stop. Well done Jaun. Congrats on a solid 2nd place finish.

The racing down the order was no less impressive. There was an angry pack of cars going at it back there for quite a bit and everyone was doing it cleanly and respectfully. Another well done to that whole group of drivers. It's a fun segment in the broadcast. You guys got a good bit of coverage.

Sorry for the bump on turn 1 Mr. Rhoad. 

Ozymandias

Organizer
Full Name
Cristian Eissler
iRacing ID
Congrats Ben for the win yesterday. After Ben mistake on bus stop, I thought the victory is close....but an unforgivable error missing to enter for refueling made me do a lap almost out of fuel....After that, I tried to recover positions but I went too far and  I ended up doing a spin on the last curve....
Only 3 races to the end and I'm not allowed to make more mistakes, if I want to at least make Ben nervous :lol:

PS: Great race for Juan Manuel and Kenny..congratulations too

MrCaringi

Congrats to Ben, Juan and Kenny,

I watched the broadcast and it was the most exciting race of the season! Thanks to "iceman" for making it more spicy   ;)

It seems like a got a "boring and lonely" race, but I knew I wont be able to match the front group rythm, I run trying to avoid own mistakes and taking no-risking lines... 

I was paying close attention to Dany, Erik and Lucio rhythm, I barely could keept the gap... this guys are very good!

.... thats it, I guess it was boring to watch (in fact I didnt appear in the broadcasting  until the end! :lol: ) but I was giving the best of me, Im really proud of that 6th place.

Thanks guys for such a clean race!

DeamingPie

Organizer
Full Name
Erik Luke
iRacing ID
I am not sure how the incident occurred at turn 6 at about the 10 minute mark, or who all was involved. I know I was trying to avoid a crash at the apex when I lost control and hit the wall. This spun my wheel around and when I came to a stop the wheel was upside down (I'm in VR). Up shifting was down shifting and down shifting was up shifting, basically it took me a moment to get my bearings, find the eject button and press it. Hopefully this incident didn't screw with everyone behind me.

Pittenger5

Well disappointed about my self made errors, but when we got in that group of about 7 of us, man that was probably the most fun few laps I've ever had in iracing. Great job guys.

SharkV

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Dany Duchesne
iRacing ID
Hi,

Another exciting broadcast, and 1 comments I've liked form the broadcaster was that it was one exciting series that they have. My hat to all of us who makes it spectacular.

As for my race, and a bad Q session and started 16th. Dodge the 1st wreck on the 1st lap at the bus stop, was up tp 10th. Then, some laps later, dodge another wreck when 2 cars spun, this was a close one. Was up to 8th I think, stayed there almost all race battling with Vargas. Then I got 7th when Sebastian had an issue, and finished 7th. I think I will keep this strategy....

Mark Phile

Organizer
I had a terrible qualy session, started 20th, but figured ya know what, I hardly practiced for the event due to a crazy busy schedule. So like some others said about dodging the wrecks, I did the same and got lucky!  In an hour long race there is no need for aggressive driving, but yet each week I see it so early in a race??? After a few laps I was 12th and turning nice safe comfy laps, no point in wodding the car up when i cant hang with the lead dogs, lol. Just kept to myself and didn’t fight anyone for position, if you drove up on me then obviously your faster, so I give up the position, and my car stays clean!  I got to bring home a p11 and im happy with that, this group is the fastest group I’ve ever raced in period! Im very humbled coming over from console sim racing to PC, this is the big leagues!