Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

Round 7 - Road Atlanta - Full Course (August 08)

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Road%20Atlanta%20Full%20Course.png

Time of day: Noon
Practice: 12:00 PM (in-game time)
Qualifying: 3:00 PM (in-game time)
Race: 3:15 PM (in-game time)
Race Length: 45 minutes
Max Incidents: 20
Max. Fuel: 50%
Start: Standing
Fast Repair: 0

Pre-Race Interview - 

1- After a great race at Monza, (the best track of all time) we are headed to the nap-inducing Road Atlanta! After a great job by everyone in the first chicane last race, do you think we can keep that trend going through the downhill esses here? 

2- We are now in the last half of the season, with many tight battles still ongoing. Has your season shaped up how you planned? Will you approach the last 4 races any differently?

3- On your racing rig, what do you think was the upgrade you made that had the largest impact on either your performance or quality of the experience?

Hootius

Director
Staff member
NASCAR Cup Series 2022/S2
GT4/TCR IMSA Series 2022/S2
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S2
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S2
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
1. I've never raced here in any vehicle, but from what little knowledge that I have of the track (all from Stewarding lol), I'm gonna go with 75/25 in favor it doesnt turn into T3 of Vandoort and we have a clean 1st lap.

2. I knew points wise I would not accomplish anything this season as I am learning to drive this car, so to have a cheeky Top 10 that had nothing to do with pace at MoSport, I'll say this season has been a success.... except Bathurst could f*** off.

3. My rig is still very basic with the Thrustmaster T150, but I did upgrade to the T3PA Pro pedals late 2018. The brake pedal was definitely the big improvement coming from the basic pedals.

mclachlanol

Organizer
Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
1. I think we can get through it. The esses force everyone to be single file anyway and usually we have our incidents later in lap 1 lol. Turn 1 could be in issue for the guys on the outside. Just remember you got no grip on the first lap!

2. My approach for the last 4 races is to show up for each one instead of missing every other!

3. Upgrades? I don't need no stinking upgrades! My old school Driving Force Pro and single monitor hasn't let me down yet.

TheGreatC81

Premium Member
Name
David Cristelli
iRacing ID
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1- After a great race at Monza, (the best track of all time) we are headed to the nap-inducing Road Atlanta! After a great job by everyone in the first chicane last race, do you think we can keep that trend going through the downhill esses here? [/font]

Have you been eating paint chips? Monza, best of all time? Atlanta is nap-inducing?! Both statements are nonsense, but I'll answer your questions anyway. I was away on vacation last week and I missed you all terribly. Well, not you guys so much, but I did miss my sim rig. And no, I don't think we'll keep the trend going. Someone is going to go wide at the top of the hill and then someone is going to spin out of T5. These are the predictions of Gingerdamus!

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2- We are now in the last half of the season, with many tight battles still ongoing. Has your season shaped up how you planned? Will you approach the last 4 races any differently?[/font]

I'm doing ok. I've found some speed since the first race and I'm better in the F3 than I was in the Radical, but we have a lot of fast guys this season, so I'm a little farther down the standings than I'd like to be. If I can snag a top 10 in the championship I'll be pretty happy with that. I don't think I'll be doing anything differently. Maybe practice my pitstops and do a better job calculating fuel to save a bit of time there.

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]3- On your racing rig, what do you think was the upgrade you made that had the largest impact on either your performance or quality of the experience?[/font]

For performance, probably my V3 pedals. The load cell and the way I have the bushings set give the brake a great feel and make me much more consistent. Same goes for trail braking. I also added the damper to my throttle pedal. I have a heavy right foot, so it helps me to roll on the throttle more smoothly. I do hope to upgrade to a high end set some day, but for the price the V3's have been excellent.
For quality of experience, definitely my Rift S. The visuals are night and day better than the Rift and the performance is so good on my PC. My settings are very high now and I haven't had a stutter or freeze in several weeks. The audio sucks, but I have a pair of earbuds that do the job. At some point I'll get a good set of surround sound headphones.

Mark Phile

Premium Member
Name
Mark Phile
iRacing ID
SuperHawk said:
Mr Luke isn't racing it either. But the real point we are missing......Jerome has a friend!

Shots fired  :lol:, something tells me Overbay will have a penalty coming  :mrgreen:

DeamingPie

Premium Member
Name
Erik Luke
iRacing ID
crich88848 said:
And who is Glitter Pants going to take out?

Too soon?

First and foremost, it is never too soon to make fun of Jefferson.  Per league rules, it's actually encouraged.   :mrgreen:

My money is on two tire walls and Overbay.  

paulwildridge

Premium Member
Name
Paul Wildridge
iRacing ID
1. Well isn’t this the crappiest interview question ever. Hey GSRC if you are reading remind all the millions of Gunderson fans to expect the usual for this race... oh back to the question, yes lap 1 esses will be good. I do however expect a few to try the outside in one and then find the grass. Always happens here.

2. I have had a very bad season to be honest. Lack of prep time along with some bad decisions have found me to really be struggling. Hope to turn it around but am not going to be optimistic as time is not something I have a lot of for this season.

3. The best thing I put on my rig was actually a 1/4” steel plate to mount my wheel. Has really increased the rigidity of my rig and has made it so there is no flex and I get all the force feedback. For those without a real rigid rig you are losing some feel from the wheel (good team name) and may want to look into increasing the rigidity of it.

Oh and Matt Gunderson smells like 13 year old beats.

DeamingPie

Premium Member
Name
Erik Luke
iRacing ID
1- After a great race at Monza, (the best track of all time) we are headed to the nap-inducing Road Atlanta! After a great job by everyone in the first chicane last race, do you think we can keep that trend going through the downhill esses here?

No

2- We are now in the last half of the season, with many tight battles still ongoing. Has your season shaped up how you planned? Will you approach the last 4 races any differently?

I will probably DNF the rest of the season...

3- On your racing rig, what do you think was the upgrade you made that had the largest impact on either your performance or quality of the experience?

The load cell pedals and AF have made the most difference.

andyspicer

Name
Andy Spicer
iRacing ID

"After a great race at Monza...." assumes facts not in evidence. However, not a chance. There will be at least one or two cars off wide in turn one and at least one of them will never lift and rejoin the racing circuit at a right angle to the direction of traffic. Someone will decide the esses are a great place to pass, and more than one car will get on the gas too early and loop it in the last left hander before the straight stopping in the middle of the track after bouncing off the Armco barrier and collecting everyone else coming up because they can't see.

Nope. I've had better pace but too many DNF's. The last four races I have to avoid the DNF. Pffff.

3- On your racing rig, what do you think was the upgrade you made that had the largest impact on either your performance or quality of the experience

One word. "Cup Holder." Ok, fine, that's two words. Sue me.

CajunGrit

Manager
Staff member
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S2
Name
David Hebert
iRacing ID
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1-[/font][font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] After a great race at Monza, (the best track of all time) we are headed to the nap-inducing Road Atlanta! After a great job by everyone in the first chicane last race, do you think we can keep that trend going through the downhill esses here? [/font]
I remain hopeful, while at the same time I’m also skeptical. I really don’t wanna jinx it. 

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2- We are now in the last half of the season, with many tight battles still ongoing. Has your season shaped up how you planned? Will you approach the last 4 races any differently?[/font]
My season has been a hot and steamy dog turd. I’ve had a lot going on in my personal life this season, so it’s been a struggle just remembering to show up and not make an ass out of myself.  But the good news is that i just passed my final electrical inspection, So hopefully I’ll be finishing up my house renovation in the next few weeks so i can get moved in before the new season starts. Really hoping to be in a better head space for next season!

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]3- On your racing rig, what do you think was the upgrade you made that had the largest impact on either your performance or quality of the experience?[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]My current rig is pretty ghetto, but getting my current desk was a big upgrade. My wheel clamps on to it so much better than the TV tray i was using before. The wheel upgrade i got from Phil a couple seasons ago was also pretty big!  I’d really like to pick up a button box too, because reach for my keyboard is just an accident waiting to happen. [/font]

bonaduce

Premium Member
Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
Good race gents, my apologies if I got in the way in the last 10 minutes, was just trying to minimize the damage and gain some places. Jay, great racing on lap 21, my spotter said I was clear that is why I moved to the right in the corner, glad it didn't hurt your race.

dan

a_espinosa

Name
Anrdes Espinoza
iRacing ID
Congrats to the winners. Great race upfront.
All I need to say is Daniel Hebert.. WHAT THE HECK?
Like seriously. not sure what was going through your mind...