Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

Round 7: Road America - Full Course (02 May)

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Road America_Full Course.png

Time of day: Morning
Practice: 7:29 AM (in-game time)
Qualifying: 10:29 AM (in-game time)
Race: 10:44 AM (in-game time)
Race Length: 45 minutes
Max Incidents: 24
Max. Fuel: 35%
Start: Standing
Fast Repair: 0

Pre-Race Interview:

1- After an action packed race at Spa, we are headed to Road America! Another long lap with plenty of full throttle zones, do you think it will offer the same opportunity for both low and medium downforce setups? Or will the carousel favor the higher downforce setups?

2- The championship is very close! With the top 2 duking it out still, P3 all the way to P9 are seperate by only 12pts!  Who do you have your crosshairs on, and who are you keeping an eye on in your rear-view mirror? 

3- I was going to ask if cereal is soup, but it seems the food argument questions struck a nerve judging by the amount of death threats I have recieved :D. So instead, let's just go with another racing question. Have you lived up to your expectations and goals this season? We are over half done! 

crich88848

Premium Member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Christopher Richards
iRacing ID
- After an action packed race at Spa, we are headed to Road America! Another long lap with plenty of full throttle zones, do you think it will offer the same opportunity for both low and medium downforce setups? Or will the carousel favor the higher downforce setups?

Low downforce... Send it!

2- The championship is very close! With the top 2 duking it out still, P3 all the way to P9 are seperate by only 12pts!  Who do you have your crosshairs on, and who are you keeping an eye on in your rear-view mirror? 

I can still take first... Right?

3- I was going to ask if cereal is soup, but it seems the food argument questions struck a nerve judging by the amount of death threats I have recieved [img=15x17]http://precisionracingleague.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif[/img]. So instead, let's just go with another racing question. Have you lived up to your expectations and goals this season? We are over half done! 

Strike 2 Matt... One more and I start a poll to ban you from doing the pre-race interview questions.

paulwildridge

Premium Member
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S2
Name
Paul Wildridge
iRacing ID
1. I think this track will favor a more medium df set and not be so friendly to low df but I am sure as hell gonna try.

2. P10. It is still reachable. Anything higher than that is gravy

3. Meh. Season has been enjoyable as I do not have a huge mindset on points due to being lucky to race so I can throw caution to the wind. Gonna miss the radical actually but it will be nice to get in a more forgiving car.

DeamingPie

Premium Member
Name
Erik Luke
iRacing ID
1- After an action packed race at Spa, we are headed to Road America! Another long lap with plenty of full throttle zones, do you think it will offer the same opportunity for both low and medium downforce setups? Or will the carousel favor the higher downforce setups?

I ran the official set up in a race the other day and I was able to get it down to a 2:00.5. The official set up has no dive planes and 8 degrees of wing. On my Spa set up I ran a 2:00.3, which has dive planes and 28 degrees of wing. I've had more time on the low DF set so I still need to experiment.

2- The championship is very close! With the top 2 duking it out still, P3 all the way to P9 are seperate by only 12pts! Who do you have your crosshairs on, and who are you keeping an eye on in your rear-view mirror?

Overbay and Unger for sure. I need to stop screwing up.

3- I was going to ask if cereal is soup, but it seems the food argument questions struck a nerve judging by the amount of death threats I have recieved :D. So instead, let's just go with another racing question. Have you lived up to your expectations and goals this season? We are over half done!

Not even close. I've made too many unforced errors which have caused me crucial points in the standings.

CajunGrit

Manager
Staff member
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S2
Name
David Hebert
iRacing ID
Pre-Race Interview:

I'm gonna ignore the question and just talk about the track.  I like Road America.  If I'm being completely honest, I only hate 10 of the 14 turns of this circuit!  It's the home of the cheese bridge, which is my son's favorite race track land mark.  It boasts not one, but TWO straight aways.  Which is perfect for taking those mid race sips of wine.  I find a strong Cabernet Sauvignon pairs well with this course.  But seeing as how we're fast approaching summer here in the Southern US of A, I'm going to go with a nice Rosé for this week's race.

2- The championship is very close! With the top 2 duking it out still, P3 all the way to P9 are seperate by only 12pts!  Who do you have your crosshairs on, and who are you keeping an eye on in your rear-view mirror?

Tyler has become too fast.  Something about having a newborn baby and no time to practice has picked him up at LEAST 5 tenths per lap.  Danny Barnet is also mysteriously fast in this car, so I've given up on catching the Psychadelic Prince.  I'll level with you.  I'm a realist.  And realistically speaking I'm just a little bit slower than Ronnie and Phil.  So they're the guys I'm currently focused on staying ahead of. 

No, not even close.  Despite feeling more comfortable in the radical, I just haven't been able to pull of the race craft that I'm used to.  Coming into this season, Chris and I thought we might actually be able to fight for top 3 in the team championship.  We might be able to crack the top 5 if the rest of the season goes well, but we've already started focusing all of our livery painting abilities on next season.  So far the boys in the paddock are splitting their resources between the L75 and the F3, so here's to hoping that they announce next season's car as the F3 before too long so we can get all hands on deck for what will be the red-est of all the F3 cars (WFR is officially calling dibs on the red car, so back off!).  I'm really over the Radical at this point, so I'm just trying to make it through the rest of the season cleanly.  Hoping to salvage what I can from the last few races, maybe take the fight to Phil n' Ronnie....maybe make myself hard to lap....who knows?  That's the fun!

mclachlanol

Organizer
Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
1. I'll probably use the default set which is low DF unless the track temp is silly hot then maybe I'll use a mid DF set.

2. I'll race whomever is near me. Mostly though I'm just focused on trying to keep it clean the rest of the season and not so worried about what place I'm in at the end.
Team championship is going to be tough. Left side driving has got a good lead and the BTR boys are finishing strong every race. Still 4 races left so anything can happen.

3. I've been pretty consistent at every track, just had some bad luck last week getting bumped in the side, but overall it's been a good season. I haven't managed to finish on the podium yet which was one of my goals but lets see if I can get lucky in the remaining races.

DeamingPie

Premium Member
Name
Erik Luke
iRacing ID
CajunGrit said:
Pre-Race Interview:

I'm gonna ignore the question and just talk about the track.  I like Road America.  If I'm being completely honest, I only hate 10 of the 14 turns of this circuit!  It's the home of the cheese bridge, which is my son's favorite race track land mark.  It boasts not one, but TWO straight aways.  Which is perfect for taking those mid race sips of wine.  I find a strong Cabernet Sauvignon pairs well with this course.  But seeing as how we're fast approaching summer here in the Southern US of A, I'm going to go with a nice Rosé for this week's race.

Greatest response ever.

bonaduce

Premium Member
Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]1- After an action packed race at Spa, we are headed to Road America! Another long lap with plenty of full throttle zones, do you think it will offer the same opportunity for both low and medium downforce setups? Or will the carousel favor the higher downforce setups?[/font]
Setups?, Setups? Who needs setups, I try to use the John Daly method of "just grip it and rip it".  It hasn't worked so far this season, but I ain't going to stop trying it.

[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]2- The championship is very close! With the top 2 duking it out still, P3 all the way to P9 are seperate by only 12pts!  Who do you have your crosshairs on, and who are you keeping an eye on in your rear-view mirror? [/font]
My crosshairs are on the person in front of me at that moment, then on my crew chief after the race if she doesn't have a cold Guiness ready for her road warrior

[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]3- I was going to ask if cereal is soup, but it seems the food argument questions struck a nerve judging by the amount of death threats I have recieved [img=15x17]http://precisionracingleague.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif[/img]. So instead, let's just go with another racing question. Have you lived up to your expectations and goals this season? We are over half done! [/font]
Absolutely not going as I hoped. Most of the tracks this season I just can't find a flow for music wise.  So for this one I will be listening to a positively absolute bring you to your knees mix from my ZUNE.  Also cereal is a soup, and a burrito is a wrap.

SharkV

Manager
Staff member
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S2
Name
Dany Duchesne
iRacing ID
Still don’t feel well from that virus i caught last week. Will miss this one, and this is on of my fav track🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Mark Phile

Premium Member
Name
Mark Phile
iRacing ID
:oops: Im having the worst possible luck anyone can have this season. I could not avoid the lap one turn one fiesta?????????? Lap one guys??????????  Turn one guys?????????Anyhoo i know i had a hit on right side and whoever that was im sorry, i was just trying to a miss smoke and crashing cars :|. Maybe if guys would not go 3 wide turn one there would be more room, be patient guys? Well either way i some how managed to have a running car after it all and then the engine expires, i was like are you kidding me  :lol:, 7 weeks of racing and i have had 2 finishes without an incident. See ya next week  :D

Gunner

Organizer
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID
Mark Phile said:
:oops: Im having the worst possible luck anyone can have this season. I could not avoid the lap one turn one fiesta?????????? Lap one guys??????????  Turn one guys?????????Anyhoo i know i had a hit on right side and whoever that was im sorry, i was just trying to a miss smoke and crashing cars :|. Maybe if guys would not go 3 wide turn one there would be more room, be patient guys? Well either way i some how managed to have a running car after it all and then the engine expires, i was like are you kidding me  :lol:, 7 weeks of racing and i have had 2 finishes without an incident. See ya next week  :D

Mark you are missing the most important part bud.  I didn't punt you this time off the grid.  I binned it later, but not into you!

Rem Ambruosi

Name
Mark Phile said:
You can say that until the cows come home, but every race, its a scramble for the front, saying things like take it easy and cold tires falls on deaf ears, ALL THE TIME...………………..[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]I Know, I've been taken out in 3 races out of the 6 I've attended, so when I go out its a 50/50 chance I will get wiped out....BECAUSE NOT MANY LISTEN[/font]

DeamingPie

Premium Member
Name
Erik Luke
iRacing ID
eshhh said:

I know I shouldn't do this but

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mark Phile

Premium Member
Name
Mark Phile
iRacing ID
DeamingPie said:
eshhh said:

I know I shouldn't do this but

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So freaking funny!!!!

But seriously this group wants to go open wheel, get you popcorn ready :lol:

Mark Phile

Premium Member
Name
Mark Phile
iRacing ID
Gunner said:
Mark Phile said:

Mark you are missing the most important part bud.  I didn't punt you this time off the grid.  I binned it later, but not into you!

Ah no worries about all that, like you said a simple mistake made. Tonight was just aggressive driving to early. Next week im not qualifying, then im going in reverse for 300 feet at the start. I should make it then  :lol:

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Mark - I totally didn't see the mosquitoes you were trying to fog for... What the hell happened? You let Erik work on that motor??