Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• RaceSpot broadcast information & paints

Hi Guest,

We recently updated the Broadcast information page under league information with the announcement of our new partnership with RaceSpot.

Note that RaceSpot is not using Trading Paints on their broadcast and all members will need to update their paints on RaceSpot.media.

Please consult the Broadcast information page for more details and procedures.

Round 7: Phoenix Raceway - Oval w/open dogleg (Nov 3rd)

Hootius

Director
Staff member
NASCAR Cup Series 2022/S3
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S3
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S3
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Phoenix.png

Laps: 100
Sim Date/Time:
2021-11-06 18:50 1x

Last edited:

Bubba18

Organizer
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S3
Name
Mark Kaelin Jr
iRacing ID
Hey everyone! Martinsville was a little on the ugly side. I know I contributed to it myself by getting into my own teammate while battling for the lead. I know we can do better so lets all try to clean it up for a better race at Phoenix.

Clayton

Premium Member
Name
Clayton
iRacing ID
How does Bradley Holley wreck the whole field just about but gets no penality and then others who just spun by themselves with out wrecking nobody get penalities from Martinsville ?

Hootius

Director
Staff member
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S3
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Because as it was written down, there were 2 incidents that happened at the exact same time. In the past when this situation has happened (which it has has several times), we originally looked at it as the same as 2 drivers sharing responsibility in a wreck as if it was a "both drivers responsible in the same wreck", and they split the penalty. This is consistent with all calls of this nature that has happened in the past 2 years.

Now I will say this because that exact wreck sparked a long conversation after the race with myself and my crew. There will be an update to the rules starting in 2022 S1 that specifically states that in this instance when multiple incidents happen at the same time, all incidents will be reviewed as if it was the only one that happened, and there will be no "sharing the responsibility". I believe that's the fairest call to make moving forward, while keeping constancy with what we have done in the past.

Daltonfallen

Premium Member
Name
Dalton Geyer
iRacing ID
Well that's annoying. I know I had fresh tires, but I've been able to run there in 1 & 2 in 4th gear without even sliding through the first part of this race and in c fixed and now it decides to go around on me? Oh well. I tried to flatten it against the wall with Doug under me but got too much nose in it and ping ponged anyway. Sorry to Colton and the two Patricks who went through the blender.

Kemosobie03

Premium Member
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S3
GT3 Sprint Series 2022/S3
Name
Patrick Cowgill
iRacing ID
Well that's annoying. I know I had fresh tires, but I've been able to run there in 1 & 2 in 4th gear without even sliding through the first part of this race and in c fixed and now it decides to go around on me? Oh well. I tried to flatten it against the wall with Doug under me but got too much nose in it and ping ponged anyway. Sorry to Colton and the two Patricks who went through the blender.
All good on my end homie, it only gave me 7.6s of damage, so honestly it didn't hurt me at all.

matloc28

Premium Member
Name
Matt Long
iRacing ID
Hey All - I apologize for missing my EOL penalty from Martinsville and qualifying tonight. I’ll be sure to serve that next week at Darlington!

Jose Medina

Premium Member
Name
jose medina
iRacing ID
Danny Cervantes I'm so freakin sorry i came down on you just before the last lap i know you said your race was already ruined but sorry i added to it. I race in VR & this time i didn't look good enough on my left & didn't see you so i take full blame at 1st i thought someone clipped me but when i seen the replay you where there i've been more aggressive this season but try to give way to championship drivers & this race i didn't do enough i deeply apologize Danny.

C.M. Pennington

Premium Member
Name
Charles M. Pennington
iRacing ID
Love the new track at Phoenix. Came to the track last night feeling I had a shot at a good night. Running fast laps in the 27.3s I was doing OK. Then in Practice I run a 27.297 a first for me. Then a 27.147 soon followed putting me near the top of the leader board. After screwing up on my first Qual. lap I recovered enough on the second lap to crack the top ten. For C.M. Pennington this was great, But Sorry Pennington was about to return to the track. I drove my truck loose off 4 and in trying to catch it without hitting the inside wall I caused the first caution of the night. Sorry to those caught up in this. Frustrated I then manage to get myself not one but two black flags. Laps down I returned to the track with a fast truck and was able to log laps and finish. However late in the race on old tires I did dive down in turn 3 to make a pass ( I think under #18) but was to fast and failed to hold the bottom. I slid up into him and banged doors. Totally my bad so again sorry. I was still racing at that point as I still had a chance to gain back one position. Just when it seems I'm about to turn the corner in this league, I loose grip. I've got to change something. So this is my ( good news to all ) last winey post. I am just going to focus on turning that corner.