Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2021 Season 3 Signups are now closed !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are now closed apart from the GT4 Amateur Series and the Formula Renault 3.5 Pro Series where we still have places left !
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details.

Round 7: Nürburgring Grand-Prix-Strecke - Sprintstrecke (08 Nov)

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
GT4 Amateur Series 2021/S3
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Nurburgring%20-Sprintstrecke.png
 ​
Sponsor this circuit for only $6.95 USD

[circuit_7][/circuit_7]​

Time of day: Afternoon
Race Length: 30 minutes
Max Incidents: 30
Max. fuel: 100%
Start: Standing
Fast Repair: 1

Pre-race Interview:

1- Do you prefer the full Nordschleife compared to this layout? If so, why do you enjoy pain and punishment?

2- Are you still striving to your goals you set for this season?  Or are you developing the car for next year already?

3- What do you think about pit-stops with this car? Would it be a pro or con for you?

mclachlanol

Organizer
FR3.5 Pro Series 2021/S3
Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
Not my best track but I like this version a little better then last season mainly because it shortens the lap time. I just got down into the 1:42s on a 95 degree track. There are a couple spots to draft so I think the race lap times will be better and the racing here should be good.

Pretty sure I have always spun, crashed, or hit someone in this race (hence the team name) so hopefully this time around I'll have a good result.

Gunner

Organizer
F3 Amateur Series 2021/S3
Name
Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID
mclachlanol said:
Not my best track but I like this version a little better then last season mainly because it shortens the lap time. I just got down into the 1:42s on a 95 degree track. There are a couple spots to draft so I think the race lap times will be better and the racing here should be good.

Pretty sure I have always spun, crashed, or hit someone in this race (hence the team name) so hopefully this time around I'll have a good result.

I find it tough here as well.  Can hit the mid-1:43's with that weather, but tend to struggle with pace.  Hopefully the drafts can keep me in it!  

All should note, team CRASH for cash will be under heavy scrutiny for this race, as this admission of past history has everyone concerned with their intent here.  All incidents shall be blamed on them until proven otherwise  :lol:

CajunGrit

Manager
Staff member
Name
David Hebert
iRacing ID
Pre-race Interview:

1- Do you prefer the full Nordschleife compared to this layout? If so, why do you enjoy pain and punishment?

I much prefer the Nordschleife. It rewards not breaking your car. And not breaking my car is my speciality.

2- Are you still striving to your goals you set for this season? Or are you developing the car for next year already?

The only goal is to beat Tyler, so in that respect we are always striving. But we’re taking it on a race by race basis at this point and shifting our focus on finding ways to undermine the competition for season 13.

3- What do you think about pit-stops with this car? Would it be a pro or con for you?

It would be a major pro for me. Not sure how we would force a pit stop in a 30 minute race though. But as it becomes clearer that i can’t pass a majority of the field on track, I’m all for adding some sort of strategy to pass them in the pits.

SuperHawk

Premium Member
Name
1) Darn it. I thought that we were running the same as the official series, so I was all excited to practice for this week. Glad I just happened to check on here and found out that we are Sprintstrecke instead.

2) About where I thought I would be.

3) If the races were a little longer then that would be great to add in pit stop strategy.

paulwildridge

Premium Member
FR3.5 Pro Series 2021/S3
Name
Paul Wildridge
iRacing ID

Def this one. I think I wouldn't even practice if we did the full track.

2- Are you still striving to your goals you set for this season? Or are you developing the car for next year already?

Goals: 1W and top 3 season points. And team champions - NOT EVEN CLOSE!
Expectations: 9 DNF's, 8,392 Curse words, Avg qualy of 15th, 2 A$$ rams - NEED 1 MORE A$$ RAM AND I SHOULD BE THERE!

YES! Even in a 30 min race it would still add strategy.

DEADZERO

Premium Member
Name
1. I don't mind either variation. I've put many many laps over the years on this track that I almost have it memorized. The GP setup is rather fun tho, I cant master turn 1 even if I get a million dollars for doing it.

2. I had expectations to perform but since I am new, my only goal was to establish myself in the iRacing division of PRL. I am missing races because I dont own all the tracks and money is tight but I do see myself being more active next season, especially now that I'm running a VR setup.

3. I didnt want pit stops at the beginning of the season but after running in the IMSA series, I have some experience doing pit stops now and it would be an added element to the races. However, I'd like the fast repairs to stay in. These cars are sensitive and even a little bit of damage that is drivable requires 2+ minutes in the pits to repair. That would suck if all you wanted was more fuel.

bonaduce

Premium Member
GT3 Amateur Series 2021/S3
Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
for the geriatric crowd, what do we consider late??

DEADZERO

Premium Member
Name
Noob question, how can I practice for this track? Since this league usually follows the official calendar, I use those practice/race sessions to get my laps in. Not sure how to practice on my own

TRG

Director
Staff member
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
At the top of the iracing main page, there is a test tab. It is orange and will guide you to where you need to be.

mclachlanol

Organizer
FR3.5 Pro Series 2021/S3
Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
Yeah just make sure to set the test to Afternoon, Dynamic Weather. And the track version is Sprint Strecke.