Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• RaceSpot broadcast information & paints

Hi Guest,

We recently updated the Broadcast information page under league information with the announcement of our new partnership with RaceSpot.

Note that RaceSpot is not using Trading Paints on their broadcast and all members will need to update their paints on RaceSpot.media.

Please consult the Broadcast information page for more details and procedures.

Round 7: Mount Panorama Circuit - Bathurst (21 Feb)

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Mount Panorama.png

This race has been sponsored by BRP Bike Shop!
 ​
BikeShopLogo.jpg

Time of day: Morning
Race Length: 45 minutes
Max Incidents: 24
Max. Fuel: 40%
Start: Standing
Fast Repair: 0

Pre-Race Interview

1- After a very exciting finish at Interlagos, we are headed down under to Bathurst!  With long straightaways and the challenging mountain section, this track is not for the faint of heart.  It is very rewarding to push this car to the limits through the mountain section and really nail the lap, but we all know how fragile the car can be.  How much will you be pushing the limits this race?

2- Did you compete in the Bathurst 12hr?  How did your race go if so?

3- BAM. A million dollars appears in your bank account.  What would you do with it? (besides donate it to PRL!)

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
My engineer is fabbing up crash bars for the front of the car for this one...

Gunner

Organizer
Name
Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID
Pre-race interview is up! For the record, how Paul feels about Interlagos is how I feel about Bathurst. I expect my language to be rather colorful during this race...

bonaduce

Premium Member
Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
1) As I am gaining confidence with the radical I push it harder, so I expect to push it even more this week.

2) No, watched it at work (both the actual and the sim)

3) 1 million is useless, I can't live on anything less than 100 million, got to keep up with the Kardashiens. Honestly, I would put it an account for my son, at 50 what is the use of retiring with only 12-15 years left of work. Alright, seriously now, it would be used for hookers and blow.

bonaduce

Premium Member
Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
Ok, after my first practice here I have learned 3 things. First, unlike the skippy the radical can not get enough air to clear the fence by the hotel off the back stretch. 2nd, watch the right hand corner going up the hill loss of traction if to close to wall. 3rd, johnny cash does not help with the flow of the track, more music searching is required.

dan

DEADZERO

Premium Member
Name
1. I'll be taking it easy this race. If I ever needed to have a consistent, safe race, this is it. A wall hit could end it easily so dont mind me if I take it slow through the mountain.

2. I was not able to get a drive but was ready for it. Looking forward to Sebring tho.

3. A million isn't enough for anything especially in the Toronto area. But I'd probably buy a nice little house and a used Porsche.... maybe a 2nd motorcycle.... maybe a new racing rig.... maybe a 3rd motorcycle. 1 million is not enough!!

Mark Phile

Premium Member
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
Name
Mark Phile
iRacing ID
I will be hosting a 2hr session tonight, HFD1 for the password as usual. I will post up the time later when i know for sure, hope to see you guys! Probably be a 7-8pm start time.

Mark Phile

Premium Member
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
Name
Mark Phile
iRacing ID
Ok i will have the room up at 7:30pm eastern, the password will be HFD1, hope to see everyone!

Mark Phile

Premium Member
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
Name
Mark Phile
iRacing ID
That was a good practice session, good thing we did it on a Sunday night, cough, cough, wink wink  :roll:

Gunner

Organizer
Name
Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID
Thanks for the host Mark, sorry couldn't make it have some sick kids on my hands.

I did some testing earlier today.  For setup, I will be honest and all season (minus Spa) I have been running the iRacing supplied set for that track.  They seem to be really stable yet competitive.  I chalk up the slowness to myself, not the setup anyways.  The attached set I did raise the ride height a bit, as with a full tank I was bottoming out on the back straight if I ran down the middle of the track.  I managed a 2:02.2XX with it, which while I feel is good for me, I am sure the times will be a couple seconds quicker than that.

I also have not done any long runs yet, and fear for the track temp by the last half of the race.  I have seen the track temp hit 50C here in the afternoon.  If that happens I expect to feel the sweet embrace of the walls before race end.  That and the judgmental stare of the pit crew members...

Attachments

• bathurst.sto
    2.9 KB · Views: 3

DEADZERO

Premium Member
Name
I wasnt able to make the session because I was at the movies. But in curious to know what times everyone put in.

DeamingPie

Premium Member
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
Name
Erik Luke
iRacing ID
1- After a very exciting finish at Interlagos, we are headed down under to Bathurst!  With long straightaways and the challenging mountain section, this track is not for the faint of heart.  It is very rewarding to push this car to the limits through the mountain section and really nail the lap, but we all know how fragile the car can be.  How much will you be pushing the limits this race?

I will push it no more then necessary.  There is always a risk/reward and I will run the race accordingly.

2- Did you compete in the Bathurst 12hr?  How did your race go if so?

I did.  It was....interesting.  I set my personal best lap time around the mountain for qualifying.  A 2:01:155.  That lap time gridded us 28th.  P5 was one of those people who felt they could win the race on the first corner and took out a chunk of the field, including hitting me as he unsafely tried to enter the track again.  Then, several laps later, he dive bombs me and takes me out again.  We dropped all the way down to 35th, to claw our way back up and finish 11th.  Was a fun Saturday.

3- BAM. A million dollars appears in your bank account.  What would you do with it? (besides donate it to PRL!)

Buy Jefferson some non glitter pants.  Upgrade Overbay's bathing facility.  Pay off the house.  Invest.