Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 7: Lucas Oil Raceway - Afternoon (20 May)

bige3dalejr88

Premium Member
Name
Joined
Feb 4, 2017
Messages
453
Location
USA, Kansas, Topeka
Lucas%20Oil%20Raceway%20-%20Oval.png
 

Race sponsored by JC Accounting and Payroll
 

Race Length: 180 Laps
Start Type: Rolling Start
Fuel Amount: 100%
Track State: 0% @ start of practice. Reset to 0% for Qualifying, then that is carried over to the race session.
Marble State: Marbles are on
Weather: Dynamic Weather
Time of Day: Afternoon

Special Thanks to Rory Collins and JC Accounting and Payroll for sponsoring this weekends event. 

Pre-Race Interview:
1. What legendary race car driver would you like to sit down the most with and pick their brain, and why?
2. What sets guys like Mario Andretti, James Hunt, Ayrton Senna, Richard Petty, Craig Lowndes from the rest of the guys they raced against in their careers? 
3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1F5D4oIAMc
 

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
GT4 Amateur Series 2021/S3
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
Joined
Jan 25, 2017
Messages
9,528
Location
Nicolet, QC, Canada
iRacing ID
177904
1. What legendary race car driver would you like to sit down the most with and pick their brain, and why?
Jacques Villeneuve! Always love the driver and the way he thinks!

2. What sets guys like Mario Andretti, James Hunt, Ayrton Senna, Richard Petty, Craig Lowndes from the rest of the guys they raced against in their careers?
Nor fear of risks! Always pushing to the limit! Very talented!
 

fotors3

Premium Member
NASCAR Cup Series 2021/S3
Name
Brandon
Joined
Oct 24, 2017
Messages
570
Location
Port St. Lucie, FL
iRacing ID
20620
bige3dalejr88 said:
Pre-Race Interview:
1. What legendary race car driver would you like to sit down the most with and pick their brain, and why?
2. What sets guys like Mario Andretti, James Hunt, Ayrton Senna, Richard Petty, Craig Lowndes from the rest of the guys they raced against in their careers? 
3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1F5D4oIAMc

1. Dale Earnhardt if he was still alive. I would have loved to talk to him and get to see an in depth perspective on racing. I would also love to hear his opinion on racing today. 
2. Those legends stood out because they had the guts to go that extra step and drive harder than the rest. Those guys truly felt connected to their cars and made the most of their experiences. 
3. Where did you find that video of Paul? That's hilarious. 
 

soupflakes

Premium Member
Name
Joined
Jan 31, 2017
Messages
467
Location
United States, Alabama, Mobile
1. Dale Jarrett, to tell him to drive the damn truck already.
2. Money, lol, just kidding. I dunno much about most of them, I think Richard Petty is the only one I sort of know, and I think he was set apart because he was influential in developing NASCAR to what it is now.
3. Nah, I'd be a Panda.
 

Kyle7

Well-known member
Name
Joined
Oct 25, 2017
Messages
115
Location
MA,USA
I’ll be at a party tonight but hopefully will be able to make it. Don’t be suprised if I join with 5 min left in practice 😄
 

spoon

New member
Name
Joined
Mar 6, 2018
Messages
2
Location
Asheville, NC
Pre-Race Interview:
1. What legendary race car driver would you like to sit down the most with and pick their brain, and why? Davey Allison Childhood hero, knew everything about the car.
2. What sets guys like Mario Andretti, James Hunt, Ayrton Senna, Richard Petty, Craig Lowndes from the rest of the guys they raced against in their careers? Those guys esp Mario was great in anything he got behind the wheel of. Senna IMO is the most overrated driver in history. No idea why people think he's great. He was good but not close to the love he gets.
 

fotors3

Premium Member
NASCAR Cup Series 2021/S3
Name
Brandon
Joined
Oct 24, 2017
Messages
570
Location
Port St. Lucie, FL
iRacing ID
20620
Guys. We really need more give and take. Seriously. Big time. I saw so many incidents thanks to people taking too much and giving nothing. With the smaller field there is NO excuse that we should have had 14 yellow flags. I did cause one (self spin) but there were at least 2 or 3 drivers that really should have been parked due to causing 2 or more incidents. Easily the worst race I have ever been in. To the few who raced others clean, good job. To those who kept running over multiple people - chill out. I'm pretty disappointed about this. I pray that Charlotte is better.
 

KingCobra

Active member
Name
Joined
Jun 30, 2017
Messages
27
Location
Minneapolis, Minnesota
fotors3 said:
Guys. We really need more give and take. Seriously. Big time. I saw so many incidents thanks to people taking too much and giving nothing. With the smaller field there is NO excuse that we should have had 14 yellow flags. I did cause one (self spin) but there were at least 2 or 3 drivers that really should have been parked due to causing 2 or more incidents. Easily the worst race I have ever been in. To the few who raced others clean, good job. To those who kept running over multiple people - chill out. I'm pretty disappointed about this. I pray that Charlotte is better.
I had a rough night, I apologize to the guys I had incidents with: Brandon, Jaymes, Daniel, and Paul.  I hate taking anyone out and would never do so intentionally.  Daniel that incident I had with you was horrible net code on my end.  Paul gave me the ultimate insult so you guys don't need to say a word.
 

Junkyardspecial

Premium Member
NASCAR Cup Series 2021/S3
Name
Jaymes Peter O'Brien
Joined
Feb 11, 2017
Messages
156
Location
Jupiter, FL
iRacing ID
46387
Kristian ours was racing man, I didn't get an incident I thought you locked up your brakes.

For the incident where I was taken out under caution. please f3, and please have awareness, it was careless and shouldnt have happened. Really was super careless.
 

fotors3

Premium Member
NASCAR Cup Series 2021/S3
Name
Brandon
Joined
Oct 24, 2017
Messages
570
Location
Port St. Lucie, FL
iRacing ID
20620
KingCobra said:
fotors3 said:
Guys. We really need more give and take. Seriously. Big time. I saw so many incidents thanks to people taking too much and giving nothing. With the smaller field there is NO excuse that we should have had 14 yellow flags. I did cause one (self spin) but there were at least 2 or 3 drivers that really should have been parked due to causing 2 or more incidents. Easily the worst race I have ever been in. To the few who raced others clean, good job. To those who kept running over multiple people - chill out. I'm pretty disappointed about this. I pray that Charlotte is better.
I had a rough night, I apologize to the guys I had incidents with: Brandon, Jaymes, Daniel, and Paul.  I hate taking anyone out and would never do so intentionally.  Daniel that incident I had with you was horrible net code on my end.  Paul gave me the ultimate insult so you guys don't need to say a word.

I appreciate you owning up to it. I was pretty mad after our contact but that was nothing compared to the driver who dumped me. He knows what he did. I doubt I'll get closure for that one. 
 

Kyle7

Well-known member
Name
Joined
Oct 25, 2017
Messages
115
Location
MA,USA
Woo P3 with no practice! Car was a tad tight center the whole night but track really didn’t get time to rubber up because of all the cautions :( A lot were people fighting on the inside and pushing up dumping each other, or driving it in way to hard and getting in people’s ass. Hope next week is better!! Plus no inccidents either!!🎉🎉
 

John LaBaff

Premium Member
NASCAR Truck Series 2021/S3
Name
John LaBaff
Joined
Mar 22, 2017
Messages
268
Location
Clayton NC
iRacing ID
77829
i wasn't able to race due to that stupid windows update but watched on YouTube and that race should have been called ipacing not iracing. there are many drivers in this series that demand respect but don't give respect. I race on weds nights which is a fixed setup and yes fewer drivers but if I remember right I think we had fewer cautions the whole season then you guys did last night. let that sink in for a minute just saying. really hope we retain sponsorship for next season with the way this season is going.
 

Jeffery Ford

Premium Member
Name
Jeffery Ford
Joined
Mar 22, 2017
Messages
266
Location
La Feria, Texas
iRacing ID
39065
James sorry bout getting into you on the fro t straight.  Prior to that I was 180 degrees from being dumped. I was still trying to control the car even though it appeared to you like I was leisurely driving back up into racing lane. I wasn’t. I was working the wheel hard and on unfamiliar bullshit equipment. (New rig enroute). Bit glad it did t ruin your night. It was Definitly not likebut apoeared. Here’s the shitty rig I was using last night too. 🤮 haha. New motion rig here this week. For now this is what I got!!
 

Attachments

  • 93AC9542-754B-4645-A578-547DB7BFEDCA.jpeg
    93AC9542-754B-4645-A578-547DB7BFEDCA.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 61
  • 1C109AB5-B3AD-4C20-AA50-F6472B0DA991.jpeg
    1C109AB5-B3AD-4C20-AA50-F6472B0DA991.jpeg
    858.9 KB · Views: 56

soupflakes

Premium Member
Name
Joined
Jan 31, 2017
Messages
467
Location
United States, Alabama, Mobile
What's that ultimate insult? That you might secretly be a cheesehead?

I also messed up, I didn't get under Craig's left side quick enough and turned him. And I am sorry for that. Daniel as far as spinning you, I saw you start to get loose and I tried everything I could to get it high or backed down or something and I just couldn't get it backed down enough.

Also, guys, it was a rough race. I've said it before and I'll say it again. We're going to have them. It's going to happen. It happens in every form of racing in history. We have had good to great races in general all season. We refocus and move on. Let the water go under the bridge for this one. We're a good league, and I've watched a peak race that was a caution fest.

Oh and Kristian. I'm making you a cheese head paint scheme so you can own up to it.
 

KingCobra

Active member
Name
Joined
Jun 30, 2017
Messages
27
Location
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Accusing me of being from Wisconsin and being a Cheesehead are fighting words. I’m a Vikings season ticket holder! It was a messy race but on a short track like that there is going to be some contact. I’ve been destroyed at multiple tracks already this season. It’s racing. Load the car and move on to the next track.
 

soupflakes

Premium Member
Name
Joined
Jan 31, 2017
Messages
467
Location
United States, Alabama, Mobile
On a high note, guys the broadcast is awesome having more people than one doing the broadcast, and having guys that know the racers on a personal level is awesome. I really loved watching that one.
 
Top