Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 7: Hockenheim - GP (30May17)

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID

Sponsor this circuit for only $2.95 USD

[circuit_3][/circuit_3]​

Race Settings
Weather Slots: 1 (Clear)
Weather Progression: Sync to race
Starting Time: 21:00
Time Progression: 5x
Laps: 27

Pre-Race Interview

1.What is your Goal the rest of the season?
2.What are your thoughts on the Organization of this league? Is there anything you would change for future seasons?
3.What is your favorite feature of Project Cars? 

undeadskydiver

My only Goal is to stay ahead of my teammate. Going to be tough the way he has been the last couple races!

2.What are your thoughts on the Organization of this league? Is there anything you would change for future seasons?

I love the way this thing is run, Very well run on the management side. I love racing games and this just makes it so much better in so many ways. Only thing i would change is a longer season and maybe a few longer races.

I love the tuning system, i wish you could save multiple setups per track. just to make it easier to have a qualifying and race setup. I also really like the Force feedback settings, being able to make the wheel feel just how you like it and not a generic feeling

Shneeb108

Premium Member
1.What is your Goal the rest of the season!
   Keep learning new tracks and strategies for tuning.

This league is run without any issues, minimum complainers, gets started on time, and no worries as long as everyone has a good ping.
   - I would like to see some kind of mentoring from the fast guys like maybe they follow you and tell you where you are not driving the right line, speed etc... during practice, or others sessions, if they have time. Drivers who are very experienced get into leagues for the competition, but a lot of beginners(like me) get into leagues to learn how to drive with others and get better. You can use a ghost, but there's nothing like a coach behind you telling you what you are NOT doing right.

The FFB and the Tuning options for all 4 tires. Because it's so very detailed it tends to keep the crasher's away because it seems they can't or won't take the time to understand how to do it. Really hoping pCARS2 will be even better as far as some of the old glitches that exist, and some really cool new tracks and cars.

undeadskydiver

Just in response to the teams...Mcnasty and I have teammates for 8 seasons now. But this is the first season in first place, usually sit in 3rd but have finished as high as 2nd a couple seasons.  Always down to switch things up.

And if anyone ever needs some setup tips, just ask I am always pretty open to sharing setups, although I always drive a very loose car, lots of oversteer. I hate the push under steer seems to result in.

Overall it just comes down to hours played. I have a lot of hours in this game and all other previous racing games.

Shneeb108

Premium Member
Anyone can get any set up on the web site for PCARS, but asking about your particular simptom and counter-measure for your tune is better so you learn more about the effects for your own driving style. I'm not particularly in favor of mixing up teams, but if mentors wanted to follow behind us to give pointers or look at replays, I'd be down for that. I did it before with a buddy and it was more beneficial than anything I have ever found. Just have to find people who have spare time to do it. My favorite site for this type of learning is Driver61, but not all cars and tracks are covered. Nothing comes close to personal coaching because it's real time and you apply on the spot.

undeadskydiver

Yeah I have tried those spring calculators and websites with the setups on them, the setup does come down to driving Style and what you're more comfortable with. A lot of drivers love that Jack Spade force feedback settings, and I've used that on some cars as a Baseline. But I usually end up going back to what is most comfortable for me. A couple of seasons ago one of the fastest drivers in the league used default set up all the time.

A good rule of thumb with these cars and most any other car... Slow in, fast out. 

And looking at the vote count on the season 10 Poll.. those cars for the most part work the best with the default setup. With the exception of tire pressure and gearing depending on track. I think the most important part of next season if the vote keeps going the way it is, stay on the track out of the wall and definitely away from each other

undeadskydiver

I will most likely be on later tonight, probably about 9 or 10 Mountain Time...11est ...9pt

This race is dark the whole time better put your nighttime driving glasses on!

Shneeb108

Premium Member
I spent months studying the pCARS FFB until I figured it out. And each wheel is different, so no one setting works for all. The best advice is to keep your Game FFB at 100%, and adjust the in car FFB so you don't get clipping on the HUD graph. Then tweak the in car parameters the way you like it for each car and track. I fortunately have found a group setting that works for almost everything on the G920. All I have to do is minor adjustments for the car and track the way I want it and I'm good to go. For tuning I usually use the "solve for" charts (the ones that work) and solve one issue at a time until satisfied. If anyone wants advice on FFB, let me know. It could very well save you a lot of experimentations.

Shneeb108

Premium Member
I was having an issue with the LF to RT transition after Sachs and right before Sudkurve. My club owner/mentor gave me some good advice that I thought I would share here if anyone else was having a similar issue here, or elsewhere.

- You can try giving the front ARB a little more stiffness, or ease into the transition.
If you're turning in a little late, then the slight off camber of the turn will make the front end feel lighter. If, on the other hand you stay a little wide, and turn in a bit more early, and square off the apex, that should help without having to alter the tune.

some evil dude

I need to learn the traits of the pit crew since they're incapable of basic math. I'll need to do things better on the fly, but also be more conservative.

2. What are your thoughts on the Organization of the league? Is there anything you would change for future seasons?
It's easy to follow and understand. Everyone is mature and get along well. I'm having difficulties with the penalty system, which is not surprising since many games tend to fluctuate in this area. I just can't stand how "hit & miss" they are in this one and feel I would be much better off without.

3. What is your favorite feature of Project Cars?
It's very fluent between practice session to the race. I was especially pleased with joining in progress when I first joined PRL.

McNasty0421

1.goals. ...catch undead make come down to last race.

2.loved prl ever since f1 2014.and 9 seasons of p.cars.everyone's been great.as far as teams go this is definitely uncharted territory up at the front..missing are the aliens toast and nova or I'd be getting lapped...I'm fine with switching up next season just need someone who will show every week.and in always willing to help or share setups.I've used same setup all season just messing with tire temps mostly.when I was first starting and even now I watch others on the monitor with telemetry to compare lines ,braking ,gear ratios etc.but hours of gameplay was the most helpful thing.
3. Feb, physics are better than most. Almost made for league racing.looking forward to Pcars2.

undeadskydiver

Results updated  HERE

Good race Nasty!! I had trouble early and then a penalty right after that and was never able to catch back up, and every time i would make up some ground I would half way spin out..Going to make for a tight last 2 races!!!