Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 7: Eldora Speedway (29 Oct)

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
 ​
Sponsored by Three Amigos Racing (Bradley Holly)

Time of day: Night
Features: 40 laps
Heats: 12 laps
Max. fuel: 100%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 1

View attachment Eldora - PRL.sto

GameOfJobes

Premium Member
1. It's race #2 at The House that Earl Built, but this time the track will be a completely different animal. How did you do on your last visit to Eldora and will the tackier conditions favor your performance this time around?

2. Eldora Speedway is the golden standard for short-track racing safety. What is the most annoying thing to you about racing safety (too safe or too dangerous) and what would you like to see done about it?

3. What kind of music do you listen to when getting pumped up for a race or anything else?

Ken Osborne

1. It's race #2 at The House that Earl Built, but this time the track will be a completely different animal. How did you do on your last visit to Eldora and will the tackier conditions favor your performance this time around?

After last weeks performance I am really looking forward to getting back to Eldora. For the first time I feel like I might have a tiny smudge of momentum lol

2. Eldora Speedway is the golden standard for short-track racing safety. What is the most annoying thing to you about racing safety (too safe or too dangerous) and what would you like to see done about it?

Honestly I believe that the cars are safer now than they ever have been. The thing we need to look at now is track safety, obviously not at Eldora because they are incredibly proactive in track safety. But there are a lot of tracks that need to come up with a 5 year plan to upgrade their safety.

3. What kind of music do you listen to when getting pumped up for a race or anything else?

Classics like AC/DC and Metallica are the normal go to. One that gets me pumped for racing though is "Born to Rise", heard that at an Outlaw show once and now I listen to it all the time on the way to the race track.

Robert Scott

There is a approximate 5 hour maintenance starting at 2 eastern today. May impact our race tonight. Hopefully not!

1. I got crashed last time at Eldora. Hope to avoid that tonight & finish toward the front!

2. Eldora (& Knoxville) are both top of the line in terms of safety. Stuff can & does happen there cause of the speeds but they are as prepared as can be. Tracks really need to look at small stuff first (if they can't afford the big stuff). Surely water barrels or foam blocks would be better than popping into blunt openings & can be done fairly cheap. Safety is multi pronged. It is on the tracks, sanctioning bodies to set rules that maybe slow cars down just a bit & on the drivers to keep their stuff up to spec (& maybe not race at a subpar facility).

3. I like the classic rock & 80's music in general. Also like the stuff that Johnny Gibson plays during the WoO shows. Some old & some newer stuff.