Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• Precision Racing eSports happy to announce it's NEW Pro Driver eSports Team! This is a paid position!

For more details go down in the forum to the new Precision Racing eSports section.

Round 7: Donington Park Circuit / Morning - National (Jun 1)

PRL-Sammy H

Premium Member

Sponsor this circuit for only $4.95 USD

[circuit_5][/circuit_5]​

Race Length: 41 Laps
Start Type: Standing
Fuel Amount: 20%
Track State: 25%
Clean Marbles: No
Weather: iRacing Dynamic Weather
Time of Day: Morning

Pre-raca Interview

1 - Three big races this sunday, Grand Prix de Monte-Carle (F1), 500 miles of Indiannapolis (Indycar) and Coca-Cola 600 (Nascar), wich one excites you the most?

2 - Do you play other games?

3 - What are you plan for this summers vacations?

SharkV

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Dany Duchesne
iRacing ID
1 - Three big races this sunday, Grand Prix de Monte-Carle (F1), 500 miles of Indiannapolis (Indycar) and Coca-Cola 600 (Nascar), wich one excites you the most?

- For me as a race fan, it is the greatest day of racing.  I will wake up at 7:30 PM to start watching all 3 races.  All 3 races are very exciting, F1 and Indy for the history of them, and NASCAR is the longest race of the year

- Used to play some FPS games, but iRacing takes lots of my time now,,I play poker once in a while.

- Will move to another city 1st of July, so I don't have plans now.

xvalue

-I used to watch all 3 races when I had less kids, but now I just watch the F1 race. I haven't missed an F1 race since 1997, so my wife knows it's important :) With Alonso running the 500, I will obviously be watching. I've been watching all the practices and quali, and it's great to see him up to speed.

-I used to play WoW, and Halo 3 (again, before kids). Now I need to choose which one to play. I have a feeling iRacing will be my thing for a while.

-We have a trailer about 1.5hrs from us that we go to every weekend. It is paradise to us and we cant wait for each week to end.

SharkV

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Dany Duchesne
iRacing ID
xvalue said:
Dany, what kind of times were you running around here? Just put in 60 laps...what a track!

Was testing it at 1.05, but not sure of the setup I used.  This track is really fun to drive.

Gunner

Organizer
Full Name
Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID
Great race everyone, lots of fun. You top guys were seriously fast around here wow! Good job. Did anyone else have trouble creating a setup that worked well around here? I really disliked all the ones on setup sync. Ended up going with the iRacing medium downforce setup pretty much untouched.

Next week should be good too, the shorter tighter oval should suit these cars a bit better than the big Kansas one.

P. S. Justin, if you run with pace like that again I'm attaching a tow rope to your bumper and you can just drag me along  :lol:  into the 1.01s.....come on! 

xvalue

Good race. I did have a hard time finding a setup. I ended up using a slightly modified version of my mosport set.

In the race, I was once again my own worst enemy. I spun 4 times in the downshift...shifting too quickly. More learning.

See you guys next week.

mclachlanol

Organizer
Full Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
Yeah same here, love this track but had a hard time being safe. I used my Brands Hatch set but it was too loose. Was fast for a few laps then I would spin, was fast for another few laps then another spin.

See you guys at Phoenix.

SharkV

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Dany Duchesne
iRacing ID
Hi,

I used the High Downforce setup, lowerd the tire pressure to the lowest, shortened all gears by 1 click, and down the sping to the max.  Was very stable, lots of grip, was not much of tireware since It was high down force, so in turns, not the tires that do all the job for grip.

For my race, started 6th and guys took themself out one by one in front of me, and I end up 2nd, 5 secs behind Justin.  Was able to close the gap to about 2 secs before Justin made his pitstop.  I had 2 laps of fuel left, so I said to myself, push hard to gain those 2 secs.  The race was decided on the last lap of my 1st stint.  I encoutered 3 cars going out of pits in turn one to 6, and I lost about 1-1.5 secs trying to pass them.  I pitted, and came out just behid Justin.  Was pusing hard and was hoping he made a mistake.  I was a bit faster, but wasn't able to pass him ont the back srtetch.  I had once a good turn 8 and was able to get on his Inside before the chicane.  We were side by side and wanted to give him room, so I went Inside in the chicane, caught the Inside curbs and got turned aroud....

That was good racing....see you next week at Phoenix.