Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 7: Canada - Circuit Gilles Villenueve (16May18 @ 8:15pm AEDT)

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
Name
Aaron Webb
iRacing ID
Canada.png

Last Season's Results:
1st: dreglar
2nd: El_Majacko
3rd: kartdude45
Pole: Maznat87 (1.10.659)
FL: mightymurph51 (1.12.975)

1. Nemo claimed a stunning pole position last week in Monaco, with fellow New Zealander, Stewart, lining up beside him. Will we see a Kiwi on pole again this week?
2. Sauber became the first team to win in both Season 9 and Season 10 with kartdude's triumph in Monte Carlo. Might other Season 9 winning teams join Peter Sauber's elite club such as Force India, Williams or Red Bull?
Danirox won her first PRL race in Montreal during Season 7. Might she relive such success this week?
4. Surviving Canada can be just as difficult as surviving Monaco. What percentage of the field will fall victim to the Wall of Champions?

El_Majacko

Name
1. Nemo claimed a stunning pole position last week in Monaco, with fellow New Zealander, Stewart, lining up beside him. Will we see a Kiwi on pole again this week?
There are certainly a few New Zealanders capable of setting a pole position. My eyes would be on murph having won here in the past, stewart who seems stronger week by week, and Nemo of course, coming off that pole last round.
2. Sauber became the first team to win in both Season 9 and Season 10 with kartdude's triumph in Monte Carlo. Might other Season 9 winning teams join Peter Sauber's elite club such as Force India, Williams or Red Bull?
All three of those teams have potential race winners, so it wouldn't surprise me for one or more to join Sauber in that statistic.
3. Danirox won her first PRL race in Montreal during Season 7. Might she relive such success this week?
She's certainly capable of doing so. Of her 5 PRL victories so far, I think the victory here in Season 7 was most impressive.
4. Surviving Canada can be just as difficult as surviving Monaco. What percentage of the field will fall victim to the Wall of Champions?
I think 15% will at least get damage from the final chicane, if not fully retire.

danirox88

Name
It's certainly possible, I guess we'll see.
Again it's definitely possible. 
3. Danirox won her first PRL race in Montreal during Season 7. Might she relive such success this week?
Hmmmm I'm not hopeful, top 5 would be nice. 
I'm going to say 36%

El_Majacko

Name
Q: 2nd
I was really annoyed with myself here. Once again missing out on pole by a slim margin with my PB being much quicker. Congrats to stewart on his maiden pole though, nailed it.

R: 1st
Launched brilliantly off the start, and wrapped around the outside to take the lead. In practice I had determined that in this situation I would drive at 70%, keeping the rear tyre temperatures down and minimising warnings. Overheating rear tyres had cost me last season, and I wasn't going to let that happen again. In choosing to drive slower than my potential, I had caused a Jacko train. Luckily no-one had low enough wings to get me with DRS, and I used the occasional rich to keep myself ahead. Once I saw some rivals had pitted, I went in on lap 11 to get home on softs. Unfortunately I came out in traffic, but managed to weave my way through dani, crook, Maz and craig. From there I pushed hard to undercut stewart and kart which I accomplished. From there I had a gap which I managed to the end.