Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 7: Canada - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve (18Nov17 @ 7pm GMT)

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
Name
Aaron Webb
iRacing ID
Canada.png

Division 1:
Session host is Michemery​
Qualifying starts at 7:00pm (UK time) followed by the race​

Division 2:
Session host is Macca​
Qualifying starts at 7:00pm (UK time) followed by the race​

Pre-Race Questions:
Division 1
[ol]
[li]If you weren't teammates with your current teammate, who would you want to team with, and why if you have a reason.[/li]
[li]Are there any drivers on the grid who you would do a favour for on track? For example not holding them up if you are on a different strategy. [/li]
[li]In this situation what would you do? Montreal, Kuba goes down your inside at the end of sector 1 corner (T6 on the picture), no contact was made on entry, but coming up through 7 Kuba has left very little room, so much so that it has forced you to straddle the inside kerb of turn 7, and put 2 wheels in the grass. You have the pace to close the gap to him and reovertake him. When you overtake him, do you keep it clean as possible, or do you treat him the same as he treated you? Or do you potentially overtake unfairly (Big squeeze, almost bully him off the track). [/li]
[/ol]
Division 2
[ol]
[li]Same question as Division 1 answered, In this situation what would you do? Montreal, Tigaby goes down your inside at the end of sector 1 corner (T6 on the picture), no contact was made on entry, but coming up through 7 Tigaby has left very little room, so much so that it has forced you to straddle the inside kerb of turn 7, and put 2 wheels in the grass. You have the pace to close the gap to him and reovertake him. When you overtake him, do you keep it clean as possible, or do you treat him the same as he treated you? Or do you potentially overtake unfairly (Big squeeze, almost bully him off the track). [/li]
[li]If you could race anyone in Division 1 who would you want to race against (Battle)? and why.[/li]
[li]Unlike Division 1 many of you may not know each other, who out of the grid do you get on best with[/li]
[/ol]

Smithy

Premium Member
Name
1. So many good drivers to choose from, some rivalries i enjoy to much on track to want them to be my teammate, i enjoy battling killer when ever i see him, so i wouldnt want to team with him, otherwise id be inclined to not battle him.
I would have to say one of the two Finnish drivers, yhyy and rikk, both seem very nice and both are good at the game :D, as are all of div1. Would be nice to get to know some of the other drivers. Wouldnt mind being teammates with either of the Irish drivers too tbf.

2. Definately not Mich, he is frustrating to pass when im on a different strategy xD. Jume is a nice guy, and sensible on track so he would be one. As much as i wouldnt in practice, i think i wouldnt give deki to much of a fight. Obviously my teammate i have a lot of respect for him and would let him through if i was holding him up.

3. Tricky situation, i have been in it before with a certain driver... I think i would guess that Kuba lost the rear, and didnt intentionally squeeze me like that, so i would overtake as fair as possible. If his defending seemed quite aggressive, i would guess he meant what he did during the overtake, in which case i would not be respectful when overtaking. Would give the same treatment back to him.

Yhyy123

Name
1. Would want to team up with someone who results don’t mean everything and someone who is around the same speed as me or a little quicker. Maybe Killer, Smithy, Gary, F1racer or Danny.

2. It may seem like I’m doing favors for everybody on track as I’m not the toughest opponent to overtake, but I wouldn’t just let anyone through if they are on the same strategy except maybe my teammate.

3. There is a lot of room in that corner so pushing the other guy off the track would seem intentional. So I think I wouldn’t avoid colliding with him again in that situation. Or just put it in lean mix so he would disappear after a while

V5HRL

Name
1. I would re-overtake cleanly however I'd get my elbows out doing so. 

2. All of you once I up my pace.  :roll:

3. I think I get on with everyone quite well but the 2 I'd have to say I talk to the most are, my team mate Robert and Macca.

Oldskool3000

Premium Member
Name
1. Depends on the timing of the race. I had a situation like this in Monaco. I had to be very aggressive on the last lap to get past one of the Toro Rosso's who gave me a rough time in the last few laps.

If the move could compromise my race, I won't do it. In the same sense I wouldn't defend my position from Armytricks 6 laps into a race, the guy is waaaay quicker than me and fighting him would cost me time.

2. The slowest guy! I don't really know any D1 guys.

3. Me and Fab tend to congratulate each other as team mates. (on a side note we have got points out of every race!) Stevo is a good guy too. I can't say I don't get on with anyone. I tend to see JFMUFC as a rival pace wise, he's beating me so far this season but I hope it will tighten up.

Garydonegan35

Premium Member
Name
1)Lot of good drivers to choose from I would probably pick rikkurich given how quick and consistent he has been this season and we didn't do too bad in the manor last season😏

2)personally I wouldn't give anyone an easy time even if they were on a different strategy bar my teammate as I love to have a battle when I have a chance

3)if he was being aggressive I would be as aggressive and get the elbows out but nothing over the limit

rikkurich

Premium Member
Name
1. I liked being Gary's teammate last season. We didn't have any issues and we could possibly be the only Manor pairing in history to have front row. But I don't really mind who is my teammate maybe someone who is driving in most races (Neyo, Killer, F1racer etc.) so I could have many battles against him

2. My teammate. Only other times I will not fight for position is, if I know I am not racing against him and have a battle against someone else.

3. I would be as clean as possible when overtaking because Kuba or anyone else in D1 wouldn't do it on purpose and mistakes happen. Doesn't do any good for either one of us if I go and treat him unfairly.

Michemery

Name
1. Smithy or Ne-yo because I get on with them and I would like to be number 1 in the team for once :)

2. Obviously Carre, but I tried to help out Haribo and Deki before in Spain. Depends who I'm in a party with to be honest.

3. There's only one ending and that is Kuba upside down in the grand stand

deki106

Name
1. honestly i don't really care maybe smithy because i am playing with him and practice with him anyway or a driver who is quicker than me like Carre or falcon to push to the limit

2.no not really, in Spain i did it for haribo because i was obviously slower because i didn't load my setup-.- and at the end it cost me my front wing
and i don't even think i wild let Cantera trough tbh because he didn't let me trough in Monaco where it was really pointless to put up a fight but at the end it depends in which mod i am in at the time

3.depends who i am driving against and what his intense was
I know i had the same thing in russia where i just wanted to squeeze haribo in the wall because he nearly crashed me out so i would probably not destroy the race of the person but he could tell that i wasn't happy with his move before..

ne-yo1993

Premium Member
Name
1. I'm quite happy with kuba. He was fast on F12016 but he managed to improves a couple of tenths on this year's game.
Killerblue would also be cool as my team mate. I know him for so long now. Like 4 or 5 seasons (if not more). We fought against each other for some titles but it has always been respectful. On & off track.

2. Only my teammate if he's faster or on a diffrente strategy (like I did in Bahrain). I always think about my own race. If someone is faster by a couple of tenths, there is no point in fighting too hard. You only lose too much time. Which might cost you a better position at the end of the race

3. I always try to keep it as clean as possible. Something like a revanche foul never comes into my mind. There is also always the risk of losing parts of your wing or something so..
but sure, if someones defending or overtaking is over the limit week by week, I would give him a hard time

xjari-075

Name
1. If it was Tigaby I would probably do all I could to overtake him, as he is hard to get past, but in general I would try to keep it as clean as possible, as I don't want to risk my own race to get back at someone.

2. I think I would like to battle Smithy, as I heard that he is good and fair in battling, but this might be sooner or later if he doesn't improve his pace  ;).

3. I don't have anyone I get on best with, but I think that they are all quite nice.

deki106

Name
xjari-075 said:
1. If it was Tigaby I would probably do all I could to overtake him, as he is hard to get past, but in general I would try to keep it as clean as possible, as I don't want to risk my own race to get back at someone.

2. I think I would like to battle Smithy, as I heard that he is good and fair in battling, but this might be sooner or later if he doesn't improve his pace  ;).

3. I don't have anyone I get on best with, but I think that they are all quite nice.

he is fair but not good in battleing mate  :D i tried to overtake him around Spain and i did after 5-6 corners lol but he is really fair tbf to him 

Smithy

Premium Member
Name
deki106 said:
xjari-075 said:

he is fair but not good in battleing mate  :D i tried to overtake him around Spain and i did after 5-6 corners lol but he is really fair tbf to him 

Deki you are like 0.5seconds faster than me? Like if you go down my inside or something. No way im gonna might back at you with dirty air 😂

KubaSaiyajin

Name
1. Im very happy to have Neyo as my teammate, Smithy would also be a good teammate to improve his own pace driving with me. I would give him a hard time. ;) But it pushes me more when my teammate is faster.

2. Only my teammate in that case Neyo. I like to win the constructors championship so if i can hold up Carre, and NeYo can win a race, its a win for me too

3. it's impossible to fight with kuba side by side. LMAO. But sure if i fight with an another guy and he is not fair i would take more risk to overtake him and to show him that im not a number two driver. I can be agressive, so be careful not to upset me.;DD
But in the end i'm a respectful driver and can stay always calm in difficult race situations.

KillerBlue195

Premium Member
Name
ne-yo1993 said:
Killerblue would also be cool as my team mate. I know him for so long now. Like 4 or 5 seasons (if not more). We fought against each other for some titles but it has always been respectful. On & off track.
Aw, thanks pal, I could say the same about you  :D

KillerBlue195

Premium Member
Name
AaronWebb85 said:
Pre-Race Questions:
Division 1
[ol]
[li]If you weren't teammates with your current teammate, who would you want to team with, and why if you have a reason.[/li]
[li]Are there any drivers on the grid who you would do a favour for on track? For example not holding them up if you are on a different strategy. [/li]
[li]In this situation what would you do? Montreal, Kuba goes down your inside at the end of sector 1 corner (T6 on the picture), no contact was made on entry, but coming up through 7 Kuba has left very little room, so much so that it has forced you to straddle the inside kerb of turn 7, and put 2 wheels in the grass. You have the pace to close the gap to him and reovertake him. When you overtake him, do you keep it clean as possible, or do you treat him the same as he treated you? Or do you potentially overtake unfairly (Big squeeze, almost bully him off the track). [/li]
[/ol]

1. Well I don't really know Haribo so this is an easier question for me than some others. I'd like Liam back in the league as my teammate :'( but from the current crop, I'd have to say Neyo- we get on very well and have raced against each other a lot. I think me and Michemery would make good teammates as well. I'd be the Barrichello to his Schumacher.

2. Other than my teammate, probably not. I'm always out for as many points as possible, even if that's not many  :D. When we start getting towards the end of the season though, and the drivers fighting for the title emerge, I'll pick a favourite and help that guy out probably, depending who it is. If I don't like any of them I won't be inclined to let them through  :D I would of course help Neyo win his fourth title if he is still fighting at the end.

3. I would overtake harsh but fair, maybe like Daniel Ricciardo. I wouldn't force him off the track but I would squeeze him and maybe run him further to the edge of the track than I necessarily need to.

Name
1) I'd have to say either Grelo or Yhyy as most of the time, they're the guys I'm matching pace with (laptime wise) so would be good to have an inter-team battle and finally have an aim of the season.
2) I do favours for literally everyone that is substancially faster than me; if someone behind is faster than me I get really nervous I'll ruin their race (the reason I bottled the start at Monaco) by braking too early or taking a line they dont expect so I let them past, however if someone is only a small bit faster or on pace with me, I will not give them a favour.
3) Yo, I'm happy I just have faster pace than Kuba 😂 But if this were the case, I would just overtake for the situation, and do it cleanly; the rash/aggressive actions of other people should not affect how I drive in any sort of way.

Name
1.If you weren't teammates with your current teammate, who would you want to team with, and why if you have a reason.
I don't currently have a teammate as I'm a reserve but if i had one i would like ERL_Falcon as he is a good friend of mine and we have similar pace on most tracks. 
Are there any drivers on the grid who you would do a favour for on track? For example not holding them up if you are on a different strategy.
Probably not to be honest. You never know if you will need these 2-3 extra points in the standings in the end. 
In this situation what would you do? Montreal, Kuba goes down your inside at the end of sector 1 corner (T6 on the picture), no contact was made on entry, but coming up through 7 Kuba has left very little room, so much so that it has forced you to straddle the inside kerb of turn 7, and put 2 wheels in the grass. You have the pace to close the gap to him and reovertake him. When you overtake him, do you keep it clean as possible, or do you treat him the same as he treated you? Or do you potentially overtake unfairly (Big squeeze, almost bully him off the track).
It depends on some areas such as who the driver is ( whether you know he did it on purpose or he is a clean driver and he did it by accident ) and the severity of the incident ( if it caused damage or not ) . I'm a clean driver and 90% of the time i will keep it as clean as i can. Incidents happen, it's racing and there are no friends on track so crashes will happen it's inevitable, you just try to stay out of them. 

ibbopaul

Name
1 Id make the pass easier clearly someone behind catching is faster then I am let them passed easily, I can catch up later in the race or he may mess up a pitstop or tyre chose. There always time for revenge at a race or future race, I'm currently remembering all the passes and lapping you guys do to me and when I do ever win you will all know about it mwhahahaha (ops told my evil plan).

Hard to pick everyone so good in both divisions but I'd like to have a massive 3 or 4 car battle swapping places every corner and on every straight, think why I like the look of oval racing.

Like to think will get along with everyone but has to be at the moment the old PRL geezers/veterans. the new drivers may think I'm a 35 year old weirdo who has a crush on Dillion Harper but they still have to find out all my layers, I like playing the saxophone and mountian biking too.

A

armytricks

Division 2
Same question as Division 1 answered, In this situation what would you do? Montreal, Tigaby goes down your inside at the end of sector 1 corner (T6 on the picture), no contact was made on entry, but coming up through 7 Tigaby has left very little room, so much so that it has forced you to straddle the inside kerb of turn 7, and put 2 wheels in the grass. You have the pace to close the gap to him and reovertake him. When you overtake him, do you keep it clean as possible, or do you treat him the same as he treated you? Or do you potentially overtake unfairly (Big squeeze, almost bully him off the track).
If you could race anyone in Division 1 who would you want to race against (Battle)? and why.
Unlike Division 1 many of you may not know each other, who out of the grid do you get on best with

1. I'm not very good at passing or defending so I'd probably try and pass cleanly but mess it up somehow lol.
2. I don't really know anyone in D1 since this is my first season. :(
3. I don't really know anyone fully yet but everyone's very fair and very nice and polite even if they're angry with me or things get heated which just goes to show what fantastic people the racers in this league are.