Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

Round 7: Autodromo Jose Carlos Pace - Grand Prix (Feb 06 2020)

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Interlagos_GP.png

Practice: 2020-02-08 06:05
Qualifying: 2020-02-08 09:05
Race: 2020-02-08 09:20
Race Length: 45 minutes
Max Incidents: 20
Max Fuel: 50%
Start: Standing
Fast Repair: 0

Pre-Race Interview:

1- After some close racing in Australia, we are headed to Brazil for Pauls absolute favorite track, Interlagos!  With many real life thrillers being held here, do you think this track produces good racing?

2- Have you had any memorable battles this season?  I want to hear your story!

3- Dogs, cats, lizards or just dust bunnies, what kind of pets do you have around the house?

Also, please note there is a new topic with a poll regarding next season!  Head on over and voice your opinion, the poll will be up for 2 weeks.

Gunner

Organizer
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID
Pre-Race Interview is up!

As a side note, A big thanks to the entire group for adhering to our pit exit rule last week. It goes to show that the group respects their fellow drivers and PRL as a whole. Well done!

paulwildridge

Premium Member
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S2
Name
Paul Wildridge
iRacing ID
1. DUMB THAT WE RACE HERE EVERY FREAKING SEASON!!!! ahhhhhhhhh!

2. My battle with the pit wall at road atlanta was a good one🤦‍♂️

3. 1 dog, 3 gigantic goldfish, 1 gecko.

bonaduce

Premium Member
Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
1) Yes, many a battle is fought here, usually I am on the losing end.

2) Yes, many battles this season, unfortunately the demons in my head talk me into trying to hit above my weight class.  See answer to question 1

3) I have a cat that thinks it is a dog, and a 16 y/o son.  No room for any more pets

dan

CajunGrit

Manager
Staff member
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S2
Name
David Hebert
iRacing ID
1- I don't know nothin' about good racing, but I enjoy the challenge of Interlagos.

2- My last lap battle with Charles at Spa was a lot of fun!  Other than that I've just been doing my best to catch Barnett.

3- We're currently down to one cat and a fish.  We used to be crazy cat people, but last year we lost 4 cats all within a few months.  Rumor around the neighborhood is that there's a pack of coyotes snatching up the local cats.  But after years of begging from the kids, and now that we're finished with our house renovations, we're finally in the market for a family dog! 

andyspicer

Name
Andy Spicer
iRacing ID
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]1- After some close racing in Australia, we are headed to Brazil for Pauls absolute favorite track, Interlagos!  With many real life thrillers being held here, do you think this track produces good racing?[/font]
I love Interlagos. It's one of my top three favorites in real life and in the sim. It's a great track, right in the middle of a great city, with a great history. It's a fickle beast though, really easy to think you have a pass made only to find yourself facing the wrong way without warning.

[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]2- Have you had any memorable battles this season?  I want to hear your story![/font]
:oops:  Uhhh, I would like to invoke my fifth ammendment rights against self incrimination.

[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]3- Dogs, cats, lizards or just dust bunnies, what kind of pets do you have around the house?[/font]
Two and a half dogs, one cat, and a couple of "friends" who I try very hard to make sure aren't visiting at the same time.

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
1. The only thing dumb about interlagos is that we let Paul join us season after season.

2. Lots of them. Usually with myself. Lots of mistakes.

3. A dog that acts like a princess at home, then we get to the dog park and she goes full Vick...

paulwildridge

Premium Member
Name
Paul Wildridge
iRacing ID
TRG said:
1. The only thing dumb about interlagos is that we let Paul join us season after season.

2. Lots of them. Usually with myself. Lots of mistakes.

3. A dog that acts like a princess at home, then we get to the dog park and she goes full Vick...
Dammit i was gonna do a lap and park it as protest but now my only goal is to whoop that ass.

Joshuadaniels

Premium Member
NASCAR Cup Series 2022/S2
Name
Joshua Daniels
iRacing ID
1. I love this track! I feel it takes a lot of rhythm to be fast here. I haven't run a race in this car yet but iv had many fierce battles in r2p rfactor.

2. LOL I never seem to find a open spot on the track im constantly finding myself in slugfest type battles and has made for the funnest experience I have had at PRL. Thanks to all the clean and highly skilled drivers in this series I expect to have a lot more.

3. 2 catfish. Ashley(3years old) and Big Catty(8Years old)

dkranes

Premium Member
Name
DANIEL KRANEFUSS
iRacing ID
1. I've been there a few times for F1 in the early 90's. Beautiful area, lots of fond memories. That said, actually driving the track frustrates me more than most except perhaps Sebring. I know Interlagos well but struggle to put together a clean lap. Hoping to steer clear of the 20x incident limit.

2. I have found myself near Eric LeBlanc in several races this year and we've had some really fun battles. He's very quick and fair so I know what to expect. I spun out in front of him while battling at Road America and Road Atlanta and unfortunately for him he repaid the favor at Philip Island. Hopefully we'll have a battle that goes all the way to the checkered flag soon.

3. One cat, Marty (10), who is in love with our home printer. The first thing I have to do when I get home from work is make a couple copies for him or he won't leave me alone. The downside is whenever I have to print something for real I have to be super quick to beat him to it!

Hootius

Director
Staff member
NASCAR Cup Series 2022/S2
GT4/TCR IMSA Series 2022/S2
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S2
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
1. I've always had fun here and it has produced some fun broadcasts in real life and in the sim. It's a personal favorite circuit of mine.

2. I haven't had many battles at my pace, but Herbert and I have took turns chasing each other down for a couple races, and that's been alot of fun.

3. 3 children, 1 of which is a 3 year old boy. That's enough pets for me.

BWood88

Name
David B Blackwood
iRacing ID
Hoping I can make it, but got the flu finally and my 5 year old broke her leg on Friday so may be having to stay readily available to help when needed. Will be a game time decision though, I love this track.

nickthequick

Manager
Staff member
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S2
Name
Nicholas Delp
iRacing ID
1- After some close racing in Australia, we are headed to Brazil for Pauls absolute favorite track, Interlagos!  With many real life thrillers being held here, do you think this track produces good racing?
Paul needs to realize that this is a great track! :D  You can attack this track many ways so it will be interesting to see which sectors people prefer to be stronger at.

2- Have you had any memorable battles this season?  I want to hear your story!
Honestly have had a great battle every race.  I had a barn burner last week with Josh Daniels where he would keep passing me on the straight and then I would get back in front in the hairpin.  I have been in battles with 2 and 3 cars at Road America which was also great fun.

3- Dogs, cats, lizards or just dust bunnies, what kind of pets do you have around the house?
I have a cat and a dog.  My dog is a Samoyed - Yuki and my cat is a Torti - Rogue

Courtesy of Google Pixel
https://photos.app.goo.gl/aFh8n7hyHc9wJu8u7

paulwildridge

Premium Member
Name
Paul Wildridge
iRacing ID
🤦‍♂️ Ugh the interlagos koolaid has gotten another victim lol.

Sad part is this is actually an enjoyable track but it just doesn’t like me...

Ad1210

Name
Wont be racing today Im afraid. Work and practise for the Bathurst 12hr has taken my time up all week
1. Not my favourite track....never liked it through all the old F1 Games, still dont. In real life it seems to produce ok racing when the weathers variable
2. I was involved in just a few scraps at Phillip Island....
3. No pets but 2 noisey children!