Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 7: Abu Dhabi - Yas Marina Circuit (20May17)

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
http://precisionracingleague.com/organisers/Circuit%20Maps/F1%2020xx/Abu Dhabi.png​

Sponsor this circuit for only $2.95 USD

[circuit_3][/circuit_3]
 ​
[ul]
[li]Qualifying starts at 7:30pm  (UK time) - followed by the race[/li]
[li]Session host is Ne-yo1993[/li]
[/ul]
Fact File: Spain's Driver of The Day was Pieter038 with a great recovery drive after a spin on Lap 1 to get 2nd place and take 18 points home for Torro Rosso. ​
- Whenever Pieter has finished in the points he has never placed lower than 5th.​
- Michemery is the only driver to have never qualified outside the top 5 this season.​
- Liam has never finished a race below where he qualified this season in PRL.​

Pre-Race Questions: 
[ul]
[li]A lot has changed since this question was last asked, if you had to compare PRL drivers to real life F1 drivers who would compare with who? (Compare as many as you want :) )
[/li]
[li]What are your thoughts on Palmer and Stroll, should they be in F1?[/li]
[li]This week we are in Abu Dhabi, is this one of your stronger tracks? What parts of the circuit if any do you like?[/li]
[/ul]

Smithy

Premium Member
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1. Neyo = Alonso, [/font][font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]He will work with whatever conditions and whatever position or situation he is in, and he always brings home a good result.[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Liam = [/font][font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Perez, A master on his tyres, and a driver who is highly rated.[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Michemery = Verstappen, [/font][font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]He will fight every position, regardless what position it is, regardless what corner it is - as i found out in Spain xD, a great talent. [/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Macca = Ricciardo, [/font][font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]you just can't hate this guy [/font];)[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif], also a master at defending as im sure we all know![/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]F1Racer09 = Ocon, [/font][font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]New to the league, yet showed great pace in Spain, till his... moment xD, and looks very fast.[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Light-e44 = Barrichello, [/font][font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Best teammate i could ask for, we get on really well [/font]:D[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif].[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Carrex = Hulkenburg, A master of 1 lap pace.[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]KillerBlue195 = Raikkonen, Always fighting at the sharp end, but yet to find his consistency this season, but when Killer is fast he is almost untouchable![/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2. No, Stroll is only in the sport because of his Dad's money, which is unfair on much more talented drivers which didnt get the seat. Palmer is just slow, i used to think he was unlucky, but now hulkenburg has shown him up it shows he is just slow xD[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]3. Yes, personally i like the track, i think my pace is quite good as well. My favourite part is sector 1 and a bit after it, as its got a perfect mix of fast speed corners and tight slower corners.[/font]

Liamtsh96

A lot has changed since this question was last asked, if you had to compare PRL drivers to real life F1 drivers who would compare with who? (Compare as many as you want :) )

Neyo - Vettel. Consistently quick in qualifying and the race. Fighting for the championship and their both nice guys.
Michemery - Verstappen. Very quick and takes every chance he can get and always has the car to its limit.
Once again Smithy - Ocon. Very quick and consistent and will be champion one day.
Killer - Ricciardo. Very quick just hasn't had a chance to show his potential this season and is a great teammate.

What are your thoughts on Palmer and Stroll, should they be in F1?
That's a tough decision to make but I think stroll deserves more time to prove himself and Palmer isn't impressing me especially against Hulkenburg but there's still a lot of races to go. Hel improve.

This week we are in Abu Dhabi, is this one of your stronger tracks? What parts of the circuit if any do you like?

I enjoy driving this track but last year my pace wasn't great so I need to put in more practice than usual if I want to fight for a podium. I like the second sector the most because it resembles monza with the longs straights and chicanes and when you get every part right it's really satisfying.

XxCarrexX06

Ne-yo: Alonso, he is consistent and fast, he always finish in a good position and he seems really popular here 😂
Michemery: Verstappen, he is so fast and really agressive.
Me: The young Hamilton, because i think i have the extra pace on qualy but i sometimes get relaxed or i do some little mistakes that cost me some races.
Killer: Vandoorne, He is really fast and he has shown good resultas but this season is not his time.
Smithy: Rosberg, he's always at front with good pace, but he has less wins than he could.
Macca: Trulli, you just can't overtake him 😂
Liam: Ricciardo, basically he is good on all aspects and also i get on well with him.
Pieter: Another Verstappen, in his first regular race of his season he is second and he do some awesome overtake.

XxCarrexX06

Sorry a forgot to answer the other questions.

They should go to f.... In my opinion Palmer has already a year in F1 and he hasn't shown anything and Stroll is the new Maldonado, pay for drive and crash but even worse. Maldonado at least has good pace.

Yes, i feel strong here. Also last season i was the fastest but not finished on good position due to someone's lag.

ne-yo1993

Premium Member
Liam -> Perez
Scoring points in every race. Very calm driving style, consistent pace & a nice guy

Ibbo -> Kimi
Ibbo is simply the oldest here xD he is always so relaxed. Ibbo is the real Iceman

Carre -> Hamilton
Probably the strongest in qualifying. He will always be able to fight for the win

Macca -> Massa/Ricciardo
As smithy said, you can't hate this dude. Always positive and always open for some cheeky banter and he is the best number2 driver here ;-)

Light -> Sainz
Good pace overall but sometimes maybe too overmotivated or just unlucky

Pieter -> Verstappen
They are both dutch

Smithy -> Hulkenberg
The most underrated driver here

Killer -> Rosberg
Won his title by luck ;-P he's very clever on track

I'm sure this is his last F1 season. He had some good races at the end of the season against Magnussen but Magnussen is overrated anyway. Palmer has absolutely no chance against the Hulk. He is making mistakes when it counts and he's blaming the car then. He is wronf in F1.
Tbh, I had no clue who Stroll was when williams announced him. He's only 18 years I think so it is maybe just too early for him.

3. I like the track but for some reason, I have zero pace around Abu Dhabi on F12016. Qualified 7th and finished 3rd last season. I don't expect to fight for the win this week. A Podium would be a nice suprise

light-e44

Liam - Button
Very smart driver, super consistent, always good for a podium

Carre - young Hamilton
enough said xD

Ne-yo - Vettel
Very fast, consistent, confident - a very good package

Smithy - Bottas
First win in the last race :p as he said, we get on very well, super nice guy, we're a strong team! #BelieveInMcLarenHonda xD

Me - Hulk
No podium yet, one pole in the first season and we are both germans xD

Palmer is a joke, Stroll I don't know, I think he will be better after the summer brake.

Its not one of my better tracks, I like it, but I dont know how my pace will be. Nethertheless I want to fight for big points. I like the layout with long fast corners, the long straights and the slow third part.

xdearagony92

[ul]
[li]A lot has changed since this question was last asked, if you had to compare PRL drivers to real life F1 drivers who would compare with who? (Compare as many as you want [img=15x17]http://www.precisionracingleague.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif[/img] )[/li]
[li]neyo: alonso allways performs[/li]
[li]mich: verstappen aggresive and allways on pace[/li]
[li]smith: ocon massive improvement this season and potential champion[/li]
[li]killer: rosberg has the pace to win races by a mile[/li]
[/ul]
[ul]
[li]What are your thoughts on Palmer and Stroll, should they be in F1?[/li]
[li]both seem to be very off pace compared to their teammates. even for rookies there level should be higher[/li]

[li]This week we are in Abu Dhabi, is this one of your stronger tracks? What parts of the circuit if any do you like?[/li]
[li]probably not and i like the techical part of the circuit[/li]
[/ul]

Michemery

Neyo - Vettel Always quick and near the front

Smithy - Ocon Underrated

Liam - Bottas Very calm and collected and good at looking after the tyres

Light - HULK Deserves more than he gets, very good driver

Carre - Sainz Both Spanish and will one day be champion

Pieter - Hamilton Very hard to defend against as I found out in Spain

Macca - Perez - Always gets the job done and has a good strategy up his sleeve

Myself - Verstappen Push the boundaries, sometimes a little too much, and also I don't like to make it easy for people to pass.

2. Palmer has been outperformed by both his team mates. He will be replaced at the end of the season in my opinion. Stroll looks like the new Crashtor. He is young but so was/is Verstappen and look at him.

3. Shit track

Macca

Premium Member
A lot has changed since this question was last asked, if you had to compare PRL drivers to real life F1 drivers who would compare with who? (Compare as many as you want :)
Carre - Early career Raikkonen - Came into F1 very quickly without any experience (seems it's Carre's first F1 game) and straight on the pace and arguably the most talented here and quickest over one lap!

NeYo - Vettel - Both German who are multiple world champions driving for Ferrari both very likeable and great guys oh and super quick!

Smithy - 2014 Ricciardo - Has seen an upturn in pace that would have surprised many in which he's taken his first race victory and constantly challenging at the front with other race winners and a guy that's easy to get along with

Mich - Verstappen - Both young, aggressive and extremely quick and both will get better! Both enter a race with a seemingly disadvantage (Verstappen with a Renault engine, Mich with no assists) and still manage to get the job done!

Agony - Late career of Raikkonen (career 1) - Lost motivation and not been the biggest at practicing for races and been unlucky however on his day he's extremely quick and guarantees a good result 

Palmer just isn't good enough unfortunately. Stroll is in the Williams for money reasons however he does have some talent and deserves time I just think it may have been to soon for him after all he is just 18

This week we are in Abu Dhabi, is this one of your stronger tracks? What parts of the circuit if any do you like?
I think Abu Dhabi could be one of my stronger tracks I tend to go better at these stop/start type tracks. I actually like the circuit in general except them massive sausage kerbs at the chicanes! I'm in the minority that like S3 I love chucked the car over the kerbs 

ibbopaul

Just seen my PSM has run out can't repay till money from Jobcentre comes in on Monday so not able to race tonight first time in ages :-(

A lot has changed since this question was last asked, if you had to compare PRL drivers to real life F1 drivers who would compare with who? (Compare as many as you want :) )

All of you - Schumacher unstoppable on your great days and will let me passed you all to win a race (Please) ie what he did for barracello.

Palmer british so is great and should be in a better team.
Stroll drivers should get drives because the team thinks they are going to do good for them not because of money. I'd be slow but I'd give the team information on how car feels and share data with team mate to help them, heard he isnt very talkative to engineers.

I love racing with you guys and all the tracks execpt Monaco :)

Just seen the Old cars are coming back to F1 game so Neyo and you all can now get scared because they are they ones I can beat you in.

PRL EPSC 80's Champion - 2013 I think it was

RacingAtHome

Me - Perez. I can tolerate tyres for a billion years.
Neyo - Vettel. Far too good and leads the championship.

They both should because they have a Superlicense and have been deemed good enough by 2 teams but Palmer is looking unlikely to stay past 2017.

I like the finish line. Because it signals the end of this race.

ne-yo1993

Premium Member
Qualifying : P4
Was annoyed cause of the rain. I practiced so much for this GP. Abu Dhabi was a weakness last season. I was more then half a second off the pace and due to the practice I did in this week, I was able to fight for the pole position in Dry conditions. It was clear that the wet conditions would be an adventage for carre and michemery causr they don't use traction control. That's why Killer and myself were 0,8-1sec off the pole

R: P4
Decided to run with my original strategy and to start US. I had a good start but I couldn't overtake cause Killer and mich were blocking the way to T1. In Lap 2, out of T3, mich lost the car and was off the track. I was trough but he decided to break way too late for T5, flying over the inside kerb and chrashing into me which forced me to go go off the track. His defending was over the limit multiple times in the first laps. He just breaked too late everytime someone were side by side with him. Rikkurich and I had to avoid him again and again (as you can see in my video). Due to that, we've lost like 7-8sec to the leader dou in only 4 laps. That kind of ruined my race. I pitted for S in lap 4 and in L16 again for S. The VSC came out in the perfect moment. Just before I was going into the pits at Lap16. Gained a bit time there which gave me some hope to finish on the podium. I was 2nd after killer and carre pitted for the last time but they catched me quickly on fresher tyres. Then, the last sector of the last lap. I was 1,5sec or so behind killer on P4. Thinking I wouldn't finish on the podium. I saw a slow ghost car in the distance. In the first moment, I thought it would be lapped car until I realised..it is carre without fuel. I was so confused because of that, that I turned in waaaay to early for the second last corner. It was my third warning I think. 3sec penalty! I've thrown away a podium. I was so angry about myself. Damn it!

Congrats to mich for his win. Also to Killer and carre.
Again no podium for me. It is a bad season for me I have to say. I only had 2 very good races this season (Baku & Austria). Little important things just didn't work to my favour in the last weeks. Monaco is next up. Ouhhh ouh ouh..will be a hard one.
See'ya

KillerBlue195

Premium Member