Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

Round 6: USA International Speedway - Asphalt (Feb 3)

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
LMP2/GT3 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
UsaInternational.png

Race Length: 125 laps
Max Incidents: 24
Fuel Limit: 100%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 0

Last edited by a moderator:

fotors3

Premium Member
NASCAR Cup Series 2022/S2
Name
Brandon
iRacing ID
I really wish we would either have a minimum irating or force some kind of minimum practice time. It's no fun running a ton of laps under yellow. I didn't see a ton of what happened, but as I made my way back through the field I saw some of the stuff Charles mentioned. I love short tracks but the constant yellows are a nuisance. Not a good look on the broadcast. Just saying.

chatley59

Premium Member
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S2
Name
Brenden Chatley2
iRacing ID
I really wish we would either have a minimum irating or force some kind of minimum practice time. It's no fun running a ton of laps under yellow. I didn't see a ton of what happened, but as I made my way back through the field I saw some of the stuff Charles mentioned. I love short tracks but the constant yellows are a nuisance. Not a good look on the broadcast. Just saying
iRating means nothing. It's the being-able-to-drive-in-traffic-safely that is one of the most important aspect. You can run laps for days by yourself, but that means nothing in a race (unless you're first). But, most importantly, it's being in the right frame of mind on passing vehicles safely

ColtonLayne

Premium Member
Name
Colton Layne
iRacing ID
I just want to reiterate what I said at the end of the race before it was blown off as not a feasible idea. If at short tracks only we take that last hour or half hour and do way more pit parties than we did tonight and if we ENFORCE people to take them as seriously as possible people may learn better. This is not an attack or anything on the admins or anything cause ya'll know I love you but just an idea cause we have to do something to make racing at short tracks cleaner cause they are on the schedule and they aren't going anywhere. So I figured I'd just throw my idea into the hat for consideration.

I would also make a call to my fellow drivers to please put in the effort to learn these more challenging tracks. I personally dedicate the last hour to hour and a half of practice to do just that and it's generally all I need to feel fine at any given track. I know I've been doing this for almost 5 years now and some other people are newer so it may take longer, but dedicate that time to your hobby to make the racing as fun as possible for everyone, AND to make the broadcast as good as possible.

Lets go out next week at Daytona and have some fun.

Bradley Holly

Organizer
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S2
Name
Bradley Holly
iRacing ID
The only thing I can say is in the 2 short tracts that we have been to we have had a combined caution counts at 22 cautions. This is embarrassing and unacceptable. I host practice sessions every Monday and Tuesday at 7 pm central time. If you don't like running official races or official practice sessions come join the session i have set up every week. We can not have races like this on short tracts any more.

DEvans51

Premium Member
Name
Jeff Evans
iRacing ID
The only thing I can say is in the 2 short tracts that we have been to we have had a combined caution counts at 22 cautions. This is embarrassing and unacceptable. I host practice sessions every Monday and Tuesday at 7 pm central time. If you don't like running official races or official practice sessions come join the session i have set up every week. We can not have races like this on short tracts any more.
Even more than that, Nashville and Martinsville had 19 cautions combined last season too. IRP/Lucas Oil had 6 the season before...... it's been a problem for a while, and it seems to be progressing in the wrong direction.

ZeKe_h30

Premium Member
NASCAR Cup Series 2022/S2
Name
Adam Zemke
iRacing ID
Could make the league single file restarts, would maybe cut down on some of the aggression caused from people not having the preferred lines and losing or gaining so many spots from the restarts. I know it's not the cause of all the crashes, but it might help thin the field out a bit and help us catch a green enough run to avoid most cautions. The other problem is drivers not having spatial awareness of the size of their vehicle. Just because you pull out of line half way down the straight doesn't mean the car in front of you has to run a lane up, especially if you don't even have a nose under the car in front. I saw that a lot in this race and other short tracks, and really in iRacing in general.

John LaBaff

Premium Member
Name
John LaBaff
iRacing ID
hell I was being cautious and had faster cars just plow through me. guess its easier to just ram the guy up the track then take off. and before yall start crying i have no problems with a bump and run hell i encourage but to hit some one so hard that gives u 45 seconds damage and about puts ya in the wall nah. then the penalties i feel are not even fair but I'm not going there is what it is. but ill state it now the way these races are going id be embarrassed to be charging to race in the league and I've been with the league for a while.

DILLIGAF

Premium Member
GT3 Sprint Series 2022/S2
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S2
Name
Barron Hilton
iRacing ID
I just want to reiterate what I said at the end of the race before it was blown off as not a feasible idea. If at short tracks only we take that last hour or half hour and do way more pit parties than we did tonight and if we ENFORCE people to take them as seriously as possible people may learn better. This is not an attack or anything on the admins or anything cause ya'll know I love you but just an idea cause we have to do something to make racing at short tracks cleaner cause they are on the schedule and they aren't going anywhere. So I figured I'd just throw my idea into the hat for consideration.

I would also make a call to my fellow drivers to please put in the effort to learn these more challenging tracks. I personally dedicate the last hour to hour and a half of practice to do just that and it's generally all I need to feel fine at any given track. I know I've been doing this for almost 5 years now and some other people are newer so it may take longer, but dedicate that time to your hobby to make the racing as fun as possible for everyone, AND to make the broadcast as good as possible.

Lets go out next week at Daytona and have some fun.
The only issue with that is, practice is just that. Practice. So people will try stuff they may not try in the actual race to see if it works. That patience Charles preaches about is out the window because people are trying stuff and pushing those thresholds to and beyond the limits.
not to mention there are several drivers/ people who are more courteous to non courteous drivers and eventually that reaches a boiling point where people are going to stop yielding position because others think they can just throw it in or be overtly aggressive. Tracks like this one where it’s hard to pass usually means it’s hard to hold a line which means you can follow someone long enough to have them make a mistake and then capitalize and put them on a slower or non desirable line. Diving the corners to where you’re straddling the inside line ain’t it.

Kemosobie03

Premium Member
Name
Patrick Cowgill
iRacing ID
There haven't been very many cautions on restarts, they are usually after a few laps of racing, I don't think changing how restarts work or practicing pit parties is going to change anything. People just need to be way more patient and think about who they're racing against. Seems like this happens every week, you're not racing against pro drivers and when you sit there and make aggressive moves around someone with less skill, they tend to make more abrupt movements which in-turn causes them to upset their truck. I can honestly say that I am not a very patient person at all, but I pay attention to who I'm racing next to so I know how aggressive I can be. Like if I'm making a move on Brad, I'm gonna be a lot more aggressive because I know he knows how to drive. If I'm passing Danny, I'm gonna be a little more cautious (no offense Danny lol). All I'm saying is it goes both ways, it's not just people needing practice, it's also people needing to learn some patient and stop driving like their racing against pro drivers

Name
Matthew Kulhanek
iRacing ID
This would be my unasked for two cents

1. None of us like caution fest hence the reason we want to run a league instead of just official races.
2. Yes, most of us in the back need more practice time around others on the track. But how many of us practice as much as we can already, we just don't have the extra time. Maybe this just means we shouldn't be a part of this league then.
3. Start a "non-televised Arca series" This is for people like me that are field fillers that need to log some laps. Run it on Monday or Tuesday nights and fallow the truck schedule. This way people get laps around other people and then if they are also in the truck race they wouldn't be in the way as much. Hopefully they can also avoid causing yellow fest on Wed Nights.
4. Ultimately a lot of people need to slow down and think of the truck as an expensive piece of equipment and how maybe taking a step back and not rushing into a harry spot on lap 10 of 100 would prevent a lot of the yellows. Same could be said for lap 65 of 100. Plenty of time no need to push it hard and bump someone out of the way. Most of the time they will make a mistake on their own and slide up out of the way on their own.
5. Don't line up the season with the official Schedule. As this league has shown lately we are not great at short tracks. I would say do 1 - Short Track, 1 - Super Speedway, 1 - 1ish mile track, 1 - Road, 5 - Intermediates, 1 - Wild Draw from first four categories.

chatley59

Premium Member
Name
Brenden Chatley2
iRacing ID
While I don't necessarily disagree with you Kemosobie03 in regards to having to be aware who you're racing around and drivers with less skill, I will point out that some drivers will still make those moves against similar caliber drivers to themselves, with the same result. It's not about the drivers with less skill, it's the drivers with more skill usually thinking they can make moves they can't or shouldn't. What it ultimately comes down to is a lack of patience and a lack of respect for their fellow competitors.

In this league, we have fast drivers who are overly aggressive. Then, we have consistent, maybe not as fast drivers, who are patient and consistent. These fast, aggressive drivers have great speed, but you will see them finish either in the top 8 or so, or in the 20s with damage. There's rarely an in between with these drivers. Then you have the consistent drivers who are patient and pick their spots to pass safely, who routinely finish in the top 10-12.

We come here to compete for a championship and points battle, not just for 10 races and 3 months anymore either, but for an entire year too with the yearly championship. Some nights just might not be your night, and you might be a bit slower than drivers you're usually competitive with. Instead of going for the hero divebombs that will result in cautions over 50% of the time, wait until the driver in front makes a mistake, or that you get a good run off a corner, and have some real overtake going into the next corner. Tortoise vs the hare.

Let's all get in the right mindset and respectful to each other on track, and show the real excitement we can put on in future short track races.

Last edited:

Kemosobie03

Premium Member
Name
Patrick Cowgill
iRacing ID
While I don't necessarily disagree with you Kemosobie03 in regards to having to be aware who you're racing around and drivers with less skill, I will point out that some drivers will still make those moves against similar caliber drivers to themselves, with the same result. It's not about the drivers with less skill, it's the drivers with more skill usually thinking they can make moves they can't or shouldn't. What it ultimately comes down to is a lack of patience and a lack of respect for their fellow competitors.
That's what I meant, but you worded it better lol

DominicBegin

Name
Dominic Bégin
iRacing ID
I don't know if it has been mentionned before but maybe we could split the field in 2 for those short tracks. They are indeed harder to drive and a lot of times messy for broadcasts in the PRL trucks league. I love short track racing like Martinsville Milwaukee and here even if I am not rly good on this track. However we had so many cautions that it takes the fun out of it. Maybe top 20 of the rankings could do first split and above 20 the second split and figure out a pointing system for it or I dont know, just that it sucks for broadcast and credibility of the league. I wont talk about what caused or not cautions but just maybe an alternative for futur seasons? I am just throwing it out there.

Bradley Holly

Organizer
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S2
Name
Bradley Holly
iRacing ID
Could make the league single file restarts, would maybe cut down on some of the aggression caused from people not having the preferred lines and losing or gaining so many spots from the restarts. I know it's not the cause of all the crashes, but it might help thin the field out a bit and help us catch a green enough run to avoid most cautions. The other problem is drivers not having spatial awareness of the size of their vehicle. Just because you pull out of line half way down the straight doesn't mean the car in front of you has to run a lane up, especially if you don't even have a nose under the car in front. I saw that a lot in this race and other short tracks, and really in iRacing in general.
the double file isnt not the problem. The problem is no one giving room trying to block. When i cam through the field after i pit that is all i saw all take no give, and with everything i heard in my discord that happened on lap 1

DEvans51

Premium Member
Name
Jeff Evans
iRacing ID
I don't think single file would resolve the aggression. It might end up amplifying it even more, especially on short tracks. Whoever's restarting P30 is going to have the leader on their bumper pretty quick at those tracks, if it's someone who's back there because they got spun, now there's extra motivation to push their way through the field as quick as possible on top of already being frustrated with being in that situation to begin with.

Bradley Holly

Organizer
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S2
Name
Bradley Holly
iRacing ID
I don't know if it has been mentioned before but maybe we could split the field in 2 for those short tracks. They are indeed harder to drive and a lot of times messy for broadcasts in the PRL trucks league. I love short track racing like Martinsville Milwaukee and here even if I am not rly good on this track. However we had so many cautions that it takes the fun out of it. Maybe top 20 of the rankings could do first split and above 20 the second split and figure out a pointing system for it or I don't know, just that it sucks for broadcast and credibility of the league. I wont talk about what caused or not cautions but just maybe an alternative for future seasons? I am just throwing it out there.
i like the thought but that would never work the people in the bottom split wouldn't shot up cause the best they could do is lets say 15 if we split the field in half. 2 that wouldnt be fair to the guys in the bottom split for that same reason because they wouldn't have the opportunity to improve above 15th. 3 I believe its better for everyone to race together so that the guys that dont have as much seat time as lets just say me or richard can see what we are doing in a race an learn from it and improve themselves. I under stand that some people dont have the time some of us do to practice but if you didnt have the time to practice there needs to be more give and take on track like i said last night this was embarrassing for the league again. Also i know im guilty of this but lets take pit parties more serious from here on out.

chatley59

Premium Member
Name
Brenden Chatley2
iRacing ID
i like the thought but that would never work the people in the bottom split wouldn't shot up cause the best they could do is lets say 15 if we split the field in half. 2 that wouldnt be fair to the guys in the bottom split for that same reason because they wouldn't have the opportunity to improve above 15th. 3 I believe its better for everyone to race together so that the guys that dont have as much seat time as lets just say me or richard can see what we are doing in a race an learn from it and improve themselves. I under stand that some people dont have the time some of us do to practice but if you didnt have the time to practice there needs to be more give and take on track like i said last night this was embarrassing for the league again. Also i know im guilty of this but lets take pit parties more serious from here on out.
You can be as serious as possible in pit parties, but because it’s just practice (with no repercussions), people will push the envelope to see what the limit is for the race. It’s knowing those limits before the race, and not finding out during the race, that will help the racing and lessen the amount of cautions.

Kemosobie03

Premium Member
Name
Patrick Cowgill
iRacing ID
You can be as serious as possible in pit parties, but because it’s just practice (with no repercussions), people will push the envelope to see what the limit is for the race. It’s knowing those limits before the race, and not finding out during the race, that will help the racing and lessen the amount of cautions.
Except that there is supposed to be repercussions since it is clearly stated in the rules about practice. Just saying

chatley59

Premium Member
Name
Brenden Chatley2
iRacing ID
Except that there is supposed to be repercussions since it is clearly stated in the rules about practice. Just saying
There’s nothing that says pushing the envelope. It says “intentional wrecking.” Pushing the envelope and seeing where the limit would be isn’t intentional wrecking in my eyes. That is precisely why it’s called practice. To see what you can and can’t do in the race.