Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2023 Season 1 Signups now open to all !

Hi Guest, Signups for 2023 Season 1 are now open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Round 6: Twin Ring Motegi - Grand Prix (July 29)

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Formula 4 Series 2023/S1
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
MotegiGP.png

Race Time of day: 2021-07-31 16:47 1x
Race Length: 28 laps
Max Incidents: Drive through at 13x, DSQ at 17x
Max Fuel: 40%
Start: Standing
Fast Repair: 0

Last edited:

mclachlanol

Organizer
Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Formula 4 Series 2023/S1
Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
I cannot remember the last time I raced here, It's basically like a new track to me. I'm not sure what I think of this place yet though, it seems hard to get into a rhythm. Race pace for me is in the 37s but I'm guessing there is a lot more time to be gained. Lots of long straits so it should be decent for fast qualifying times.

Definitely going to need more practice during the week to figure this place out.

Cya guys this Thursday!

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
GT4 Fixed Series 2022/S4
GT4 Fixed Series 2023/S1
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
@Formula Renault 3.5 Pro Series 2021/S3

As you are all aware, the attendance in PRL 2021/S3 FR 3.5 series has steadily dropped over the first 5 races. Round 5 had only 12 drivers of a total 27 signups register for the race.

Due to this poor attendance, PRL has made the decision to cancel the series if attendance does not improve for round 6 and beyond. If less than 15 drivers take the green flag this Thursday July 29th, the season will end and a winner will be declared based on the standings following that race.

PRL will be offering a 50% discount for any series registration in 2021/S4 to all drivers who competed in 3 or more races this season.

This decision was not made lightly as we know that the competition at the front is excellent. However, we have to consider the quality of each broadcast series for all drivers as a whole. Stay tuned for the announcement of our 2021/S4 series' in the next few weeks.

If you have questions, please feel free to reach out.

• Sad
Reactions: PVU
Name
Demetrius Nunes
iRacing ID
C'mon folks! Let's grid up today and keep the series alive!

I was out for the last 3 races due to traveling for work, but now I'm back for good! Unfortunately, my team mate Diego just had surgery yesterday and won't be able to compete this week!

Let's race!!

CaptainCanada

Name
Marc Ponick
iRacing ID
Totally understand where you are coming from as organizers, but Motegi is likely to see a drop regardless of past attendance issues. Numbers are way down in the official races this week, likely due to people not owning the track, and it's fun factor being on the low side vs the rest of the tracks this season.
Would you consider using the next round at Zanvoort as the cut off if it also has low attendance? The remaining weeks should hopefully all inspire better attendance than Motegi as they are all F1 tracks, several being consistent 3.5 poll favourites.

thesavvyninja

Name
Aaron Roufs
iRacing ID
unfortunately I will not be making tonight's race. I also do understand the league's stance on Attendance. I thought it was low a couple weeks ago. Size of grid isn't eveything, however it does lend itself to a more enjoyable race when there are more drivers taking part in the races. Honestly, under 20 drivers in a race is small to me as far as a league is concerned.

AlexF

Premium Member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S4
Name
Alex Fournier
iRacing ID
Same for me and Marc. Marc is out of town and I cannot make it. Sorry guys. In perspective, summer + time of the race doesn't work well for me. That my bad ... and i'm sorry for missing the race.

ShadowNinjaPug

Premium Member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S4
Formula 3 Series 2023/S1
Name
Raymond Deux
iRacing ID
I would like to apologize to Tien for crashing into him on T1 L1. No excuse, I lost focus and once regained, I was barreling into T1. My sincere apologies for ruining your race.

Ray

Reactions: TRG

mclachlanol

Organizer
Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Formula 4 Series 2023/S1
Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
Alright guys @Formula Renault 3.5 Pro Series 2021/S3,

We got the green light to finish the season out. They are going to stop the broadcast however, but we can still race the final four races. All the remaining sessions are set up so it will be the same format and time.

We got a tight championship race so it would be great to see it out. See you guys next week!