Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 6: Talladega SuperSpeedway / Afternoon - Oval (May 21)

PRL-Sammy H

Premium Member

Race Length: 95 Laps
Start Type: Rolling
Fuel Amount: 60%
Track State: 25%
Clean Marbles: No
Weather: iRacing Dynamic Weather
Time of Day: Afternoon

Big Thanks to Mike Taylor for sponsoring this weeks"Don't Text and Drive 95" @ Talladega!

Pre-Race Interview:

1. Is there anything that Aric Almirola could have done to lessen the severity of the collision?

2. Has Danica Patrick's small body size helped keep you from getting seriously hurt in her accidents? She has taken some very hard hits over the past seasons.

3. What does RESPECT mean to you? To you give people respect when you first meet them? Or is it something that has to be earned over time? 

SharkV

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Dany Duchesne
iRacing ID
HI,

I will miss this race since I have to go out of town for 4-5 days to find a new home, caus I will be moving end of june.

David White19

Premium Member
1. Is there anything that Aric Almirola could have done to lessen the severity of the collision?

I dont think Aric could have done anything different. He was already sideways when he hit the other two cars. There were cars down low so he could not go down. I think he got up and into the fluids from the other cars and had no control.

2. Has Danica Patrick's small body size helped keep you from getting seriously hurt in her accidents? She has taken some very hard hits over the past seasons.

I think her experience from open wheel racing has helped her to not get hurt. Many of the other Nascar drivers have started using some of the things she does, like folding her arms up against the body to keep the body away from the steering wheel.

3. What does RESPECT mean to you? To you give people respect when you first meet them? Or is it something that has to be earned over time?

I look at it a little different. I will always show people respect when I first meet them. What you get to earn is my dis-respect. Your actions over time will let me know if I need to show you respect, or not.

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Haven't seen it! :p

I don't think the weight is a factor in those car. The drivers are so tight and well attached in their seat that even if you weight 60 kilo or 100 kilo, it doesn't make a difference I think. I rather think that flixibility is more important.

I think that everyone deserve respect... Do not give to someone else what you don't want to receive. Too much problems in the world started because of lack of respect.

Eric Roberts

Premium Member
I don't know. I never saw what Almirola did before the wreck.

Well I guess it could, I know she does some things other drivers don't do during a wreck. She will let go of the wheel and cross her arms (given time) and hold onto each of the shoulder straps.

If you at 1st did not respect anyone, then you would have no one, because it starts with the 1st meeting, and what ever is built from there.
Granted down the road bridges are burned, and some are not to be attempted to be crossed.   

MikeTaylor

I'm glad I'm able to help the league out again and sponsor this race. Kickass and have fun!

1. Nothing aric could do. He was in the oil and crap :-(

2. Her small body may help some but she knows how to take impacts from the Indy car.

3. Treat others how you want to be treated. Respect when you first meet someone, however in 5 minutes that can change based on how the act. If you lose my respect you got 1 shot at redemption...

Junkyardspecial

Premium Member
Full Name
Jaymes Peter O'Brien
iRacing ID
another disappointing result but this time the fault of no one, nasty net code I witnessed that took out a lot of the front runners.

soupflakes

Premium Member
That's a bummer . The good news it's that means we only had one real crash caused by us. I'm still stoked! I think I'm more pumped that lance won than when I won. Big DDDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSSSSS

SharkV

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Dany Duchesne
iRacing ID
Hi

i want to applogies to Jerome and all others the got involved in the 1st wreck. It was all on me. I wanted to push Jerome but it seems that I was not square on him and cough his rigth rear and turned him around causing the wreck.  My bad and I feel really sorry.

John LaBaff

Premium Member
Full Name
John LaBaff
iRacing ID
Junkyardspecial said:
another disappointing result but this time the fault of no one, nasty net code I witnessed that took out a lot of the front runners.

that wasn't net code that was bump drafting in the corner which we were all warned about before the race. We all know this we have all raced these plate tracks we all know that bump drafting in the corner will dump the person in front and bump drafting at the tri oval will do the same. we all ***** and complain about all the cautions but ill be damn that the ones complaining  are the ones doing the damage. We all need to step back read the damn rules for the league and abide by them. It is what it is as far as I'm concerned I'm there Sunday to show my support to the league because the main league members have done some major things for me and my wife that meant a lot. So lets all enjoy the week end when we hit the track for the next race lets all do a huge thing take the time to read the rules and I mean all the rules and lets pull are head out of are ass and start to do some serious damn racing. to have that race broadcasted last night I'm sorry yall can harp on me was a joke and a waste of money for the league