Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 6: Sonoma Raceway - Long (25 Oct)

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Sonoma Raceway_Long.png
 ​
Sponsor this circuit for only $6.95 USD

[circuit_7][/circuit_7]​

Time of day: Afternoon
Race Length: 30 minutes
Max Incidents: 30
Max. fuel: 100%
Start: Standing
Fast Repair: 1

Pre-Race Interview
1. Are there any changes you would like to see to this series for next season?
2. If you could see any car added to the iRacing service, what would it be?
3. Should we host a "wives of PRL" race at the end of the season? Spoiler - Paul's mic is so loud because he's standing behind his wife yelling at every race. That's why he's so fast.

DeamingPie

Organizer
Full Name
Erik Luke
iRacing ID
I may miss this race.  We are in the process of moving and the amount of space left in the moving pod will determine if I can keep the rig out and race or not.  We double close on Friday the 26th, and the movers will be loading the pods up on the weekend of the 20th.  

mclachlanol

Organizer
Full Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
This is what I do Saturday morning waiting for the wife to wake up  :p

Ugg Sonoma in the afternoon! below are my slow lap times on a really hot and slippery track. 

Lap Files

I'm trying to learn telemetry. I started using Ispeed per James suggestion and I like how you can compare to other peoples laps and see where your loosing time. If anyone hasn't tried it yet I definitely recommend it. It's easier then Motec.

It's going to be a wild one this Thursday! See you guys then! Eirc, good luck moving we will see you in a couple.

DEADZERO

Premium Member
I will be missing this weeks race as well. I dont own this track but I do have the following 2 tracks so you will for sure see me there. Reason I'm not buying new content is because I just bought a Rift so watch out, I may be a little tougher on track.

TRG

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
DEADZERO said:
I will be missing this weeks race as well. I dont own this track but I do have the following 2 tracks so you will for sure see me there. Reason I'm not buying new content is because I just bought a Rift so watch out, I may be a little tougher on track.

:lol: 

I'll chip in $2 for you to buy this track.

DEADZERO

Premium Member
TRG said:
DEADZERO said:

:lol: 

I'll chip in $2 for you to buy this track.

When you convert to Canadian, it's actually $20 for one track. Keep the ball rolling lol

paulwildridge

Premium Member
Full Name
Paul Wildridge
iRacing ID
INDYCAR!!! JK lol. This series is great and I am not sure of any changes. Would be cool to put a off week in where we have the wives race in our place. Like an all-star race. Turn the mics to voice recognize so that we just talk smack the whole time.

Probably the cadillac DPI or maybe a P2 car which I am sure they are working on. Or the indy lights car.

3. Should we host a "wives of PRL" race at the end of the season? Spoiler - Paul's mic is so loud because he's standing behind his wife yelling at every race. That's why he's so fast.
Should have read the questions before answering number 1 lol. YES!!! Whoever came up with this idea is a freaking Genius!!! Make the finishing order the starting grid for race 1 of next season lol.

shawnkenning

1. I think it would be cool to have a rotation of cars of similar type. I've heard the Pro Mazda and Radical mentioned.
2. idk
3. That would be super rad! I'm sure I could get the wife to do it.

mclachlanol

Organizer
Full Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
1. Maybe some different tracks then the Iracing schedule (or at least different versions). I get why Iracing does it but it can get a little boring doing the same tracks over and over again. Multi car class? Although I'm not sure what goes with the skip. And Overcast weather for all races  :p.

2. Go karts!

3. No way cause if she ends up being faster then me I'll drop dead.

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
I may not be there next season as I will try to do the Tuesday series. I love the racing in the skippy but not when you're alone on track. This car is boring to drive alone, but in a group it's fantastic! I suggest to keep it as it is because we are on a good vibe and registration are increasing season after season! I like the proposition of trying the radical since it's a free car now! Maybe a poll or different topic would be good to discuss :)

CTCC/WTCR car class!

That's not gonna work with my girlfriend! She tries only 1 time to drive on my sim and she get nauseous after 2 corners :p

Gunner

Organizer
Full Name
Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID
THE BETTER LATE THAN NEVER Interview

I would love to drive a more downforce drivin car, but I really like having the large field with the skippy.  Tough call.  I hear murmers of the Radical... split class anyone?

I have always though an F3 car or something would be fun.  Less intimidating than F1 but still fast.

That sounds like a blast!  I will do my best to convince the wife of that haha.  We need to do it in a car that doesn't break too easily!

4- How do you think you will finish here?

Well, not great, but absolutely on the lead lap without question.    (Edit: damn.)  

bonaduce

Premium Member
Full Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
apologies for missing race I fell asleep on the couch.

dan

paulwildridge

Premium Member
Full Name
Paul Wildridge
iRacing ID
Lot of fun battling with you last night Mark. Hard place to pass and you would kill me coming out of 10 so it made it real hard to try to make a move on the best passing opportunity. But it was a lot of fun.

I def learned that I have a way later braking point in 11. Sorry again Chris!

crich88848

Premium Member
Full Name
Christopher Richards
iRacing ID
Well.... thanks to Paul's a$$ ramming, I finished about 3 places further back than I should have. haha... no worries Paul. Was still able to finish and take 10th. So in my mind, goal was accomplished and still managed a decent race even though I had absolutely no traction after Paul prematurely finished me off. SEND IT! 

bonaduce

Premium Member
Full Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
getting old, why you young whipper snapper get off my lawn. Haven't you noticed that I keep leaving a blinker on and continuelly
drive slow in the passing lane.

TRG

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
As is your right Dan!!

Had a fun race. Messed around with Dany for a while, Andrew had a untimely self spin, then some tangles with Kevin. It was a fun back and forth. I noticed Kevin learning my moves by defending at the end of the back straight the lap after I sent it down the inside... Then I built a small gap only to watch as Kevin closed down a 3s gap over the last 4 laps or so. Had to defend hard on the last few corners.

Great fun, and fingers crossed I don't have to go to the principal's office this week.

Mark Phile

Organizer
paulwildridge said:
Lot of fun battling with you last night Mark. Hard place to pass and you would kill me coming out of 10 so it made it real hard to try to make a move on the best passing opportunity. But it was a lot of fun.

I def learned that I have a way later braking point in 11. Sorry again Chris!

Oh yeah that was a blast! Had a great battle with you, another week of some good clean racing!