Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

Round 6: Silverstone Circuit - Grand Prix (Feb 4)

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
LMP2/GT3 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
SilverstoneGP2019.png

Race Time of day: 2021-03-01 12:50 1x
Race Length: 45 minutes
Max Incidents: Drive through at 11x, DSQ at 20x
Max Fuel: 65%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 0

mclachlanol

Organizer
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S2
Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
Hi guys, Here's what I got so far. Lot of different types of corners so it was kind of a tough track to setup for. I went with a Medium Downforce set that just felt better in the twisty stuff and when trying to push hard. It's a nice smooth track for once so I can use a lower ride height then what we have been using the last few tracks. So far I'm able to get into the low 1:54s with half fuel.

FYI, to get a good time you need to rape the crap out of the inside curbing on every fast corner of this track. The nice thing is you can get away with it here and not get any damage or penalty. Turn 1 (Abbey) you can go over the dirt and rumble bands and take it flat out. With turns 11 - 14 (Maggotts to Chapel), don't be afraid to take as much curbing as you can. Use the rumble bands as markers for when to accelerate out of the corners. The only places you need to be careful with are going to wide at turn 9 (Corpse, old turn 1) and 15 (Stowe). Also, the bumps in the final section 16-18 will send your car in the wrong direction so avoid those.

On paper this track doesn't excite me too much, but after some practice I'm finding it to be a fun challenge trying to get fast laps in.

Good luck and I'll see you later this week.

Attachments

• Silver_R2.sto
    1.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

MontanAggie

Premium Member
Name
Bart Douglas Cook
iRacing ID
It's Europe, where track limits are merely suggestions. o_O Yes, the curb is here, but feel free to get creative.

• Haha
Reactions: TRG

mbroomo

Organizer
GT4/TCR IMSA Series 2022/S2
TCR IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Mike Broomhead
iRacing ID
mbroomo how do your UK countrymen generally take to being called europeans? :ROFLMAO:
welllll we are Europeans so its quite accurate lol
Keep in mind the EU and Europe aren't the same thing. We are in the land mass of Europe but not in the European Union which is just an agreement between nations in Europe that we not longer agreed with.
But the British tend to refer to mainland Europeans as Europeans as its easier than being accurate.
No comedy here....just facts

MontanAggie

Premium Member
Name
Bart Douglas Cook
iRacing ID
Going to open up a practice session at Silverstone, if anyone wants some track time. 2 hours, starting momentarily.

MontanAggie

Premium Member
Name
Bart Douglas Cook
iRacing ID
Well, I had my best quali so far, then stupidly spun after watching Accord spin. (I got back on the throttle too quickly.) Lesson #317 noted. It has been fun getting at least fast enough and consistent enough that I'm around some of the same folks pretty regularly. It's always good racing.

Even though I ruined my race, man, it was damn entertaining watching some of the battles on the broadcast afterwards.

MontanAggie

Premium Member
Name
Bart Douglas Cook
iRacing ID
3.5 sec slowdown hurt on lap 2, but it was fun fighting back to get P5 in the end.
Yeah, I saw that in the broadcast, but it was fun watching your battles later in the race. Yours and the Exton/Nguyen/Legault/Kita battles were pretty epic.