Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

Round 6: Phillip Island Circuit (July 29)

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
PhillipIsland.png

Race Time of day: 2021-07-31 15:29 1x
Race Length: 27 laps
Max Incidents: Drive through at 10x, DSQ at 15x
Max Fuel: 50%
Start: Standing
Fast Repair: 0

Last edited:

Threefiver

Premium Member
GT4/TCR IMSA Series 2022/S2
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S2
Name
Dave Peterson
iRacing ID
Practice server is setup for tonight...3 hours...8-11PM EST. Once again this week I set it to start 30 minutes prior to the actual race start VST.

Gunner

Organizer
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID
@F3 Amateur Series 2021/S3
Hey everyone. So I want to talk about pit exit here at Phillip Island. In the past, PRL has enforced that you use the long pit exit ( the one on the left). This week we will continue that, and I ask that everyone use the left road when exiting the pits.

The short exit is simply too dangerous as it dumps you directly onto the racing line at a very high speed section of track. Using this short exit will be considered a rule violation and you may be subject to a penalty. I will bring this up in the drivers meeting on Thursday.

Thanks everyone, looking forward to this one I quite like this track it has a great flow to it!

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Gunner told me that if he sees the wrong pit exit used in practice or Quali, it'll be a black flag to start the race. He means business. Don't mess with him.

Wingnut

Premium Member
Name
Kevin Santana
iRacing ID
@F3 Amateur Series 2021/S3
Hey everyone. So I want to talk about pit exit here at Phillip Island. In the past, PRL has enforced that you use the long pit exit ( the one on the left). This week we will continue that, and I ask that everyone use the left road when exiting the pits.

The short exit is simply too dangerous as it dumps you directly onto the racing line at a very high speed section of track. Using this short exit will be considered a rule violation and you may be subject to a penalty. I will bring this up in the drivers meeting on Thursday.

Thanks everyone, looking forward to this one I quite like this track it has a great flow to it!
Only thing I would add to this is when you exit the pits watch your relative screen. Do NOT immediately go to the racing line of the corner if someone is coming up behind you at full speed.

mbroomo

Organizer
TCR IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Mike Broomhead
iRacing ID
i would add that you should have to lift at the very end of the long exit...it is not a smooth exit that leads to the right spot and it has a wild transition...dont be that guy...remember...yanking it hard always ends in a mess ;)

Threefiver

Premium Member
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Dave Peterson
iRacing ID
Sorry for the opening lap melee...was taking it easy on cold tires but it just stepped out. I saved it and tried to stay as wide as I could to let folks by but it looks like wrecks still happened.

Kevin Santana, very sorry for bumping you.

Wingnut

Premium Member
Name
Kevin Santana
iRacing ID
Sorry for the opening lap melee...was taking it easy on cold tires but it just stepped out. I saved it and tried to stay as wide as I could to let folks by but it looks like wrecks still happened.

Kevin Santana, very sorry for bumping you.
Don't sweat it man. I have to be so careful for the first 5 laps or so and I think it just caught you a bit off guard.

Takeshi I had good fun trying to catch you. Thanks for keeping it clean. Sorry I ruined your first win.

CajunGrit

Manager
Staff member
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S2
Name
David Hebert
iRacing ID
Really disappointing end to a really crap week. Drove across 4 states with my laptop and wheel. Carefully timed the drive and made it to my destination just before qualifying. Restarted my computer and when i did Windows did a really long update, and when i finally loaded up the sim my wheel no longer worked. I don’t think it’s a hardware issue because all the pedals and buttons on my wheel work. It’s just the wheel rotation that doesn’t work.

So I’m out indefinitely.

Edit: My wheel is fixed, I am stupid.

Last edited:

bonaduce

Premium Member
Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
Daugherty, Gotham, Colander, that was some fun mid pack battling going on. James D sorry if I tagged u into Honda, was expecting u to brake later. Great SKY Sports broadcast

Eduardo L

Name
Eduardo Lorente
iRacing ID
Apologies from me too if anyone got caught up in my spin exiting T2 on lap 1.

I was taking it easy on cold tires and even let 1 or 2 cars pass me to avoid any lap 1 trouble. Nevertheless, there were a couple drivers that were a little too racy for the second corner of the first lap. I saw a few touches and near spins, that ended with two cars spinning out in front of me. I got caught up in that and spun out as well facing the wrong direction.

I locked my car down and saw an opportunity to coast off track after a few seconds. That may have been a false positive due to my bandwidth limits (20 cars or less is what my internet can handle). I think I may have made contact with someone, but am not sure. Again, my apologies if I did hurt someone's race.