Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 6: Monaco - Circuit de Monaco (02May18 @ 8:15pm AEDT)

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
Name
Aaron Webb
iRacing ID
Monaco.png

Last Season's Results:
1st: El_Majacko
2nd: kidbyers
3rd: HSVDT_15
Pole: DYNAMITE_296 (1.10.934)
FL: dreglar (1.12.198)

Pre-Race Questions:
1. Maznat has been the standout in qualifying thus far this season with 4 pole positions and one second place grid slot contributing to a 100% front row start ratio after 5 races. Can he maintain this form all season? If not, where might be his hardest challenge in maintaining such a record?
2. Five races, five different drivers and teams with fastest laps. Will this trend continue in Monaco with a sixth different entry to the records?
3. Monaco is renowned for being a very tight and challenging circuit. At which end of the
risk versus reward spectrum will you be at?
4. F1 teams bring vastly different setups to the principality, including steering racks with increased lock. Do you do anything different for Monaco?

kartdude45

Name
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1. Maznat has been the standout in qualifying thus far this season with 4 pole positions and one second place grid slot contributing to a 100% front row start ratio after 5 races. Can he maintain this form all season? If not, where might be his hardest challenge in maintaining such a record?[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Maybe when he doesn't practice for 2 hours?[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
2. Five races, five different drivers and teams with fastest laps. Will this trend continue in Monaco with a sixth different entry to the records?[/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Very Possible. Given the high risk of late pitstops because of wing damage. [/font]
3. Monaco is renowned for being a very tight and challenging circuit. At which end of the risk versus reward spectrum will you be at?

All reward! Win it or bin it. 
4. F1 teams bring vastly different setups to the principality, including steering racks with increased lock. Do you do anything different for Monaco?

Nope. But if anyone is struggling id reccommend increasing their steering sensitivity. 

El_Majacko

Name
1. Maznat has been the standout in qualifying thus far this season with 4 pole positions and one second place grid slot contributing to a 100% front row start ratio after 5 races. Can he maintain this form all season? If not, where might be his hardest challenge in maintaining such a record?
Qualifying is definitely his strong suit, so I would expect him to maintain a very high front row percentage. Whether or not that record is perfect or not only time will tell. Statistics say he'll probably miss out narrowly, and if last season is anything to go by, Monaco may be his toughest challenge yet.
2. Five races, five different drivers and teams with fastest laps. Will this trend continue in Monaco with a sixth different entry to the records?
This statistic becomes increasingly unlikely to continue with each passing round. I'd say we'll see a repeat.
3. Monaco is renowned for being a very tight and challenging circuit. At which end of the risk versus reward spectrum will you be at?
Historically I've always placed value on finishing here, as I always have the championship in mind. Its never wrapped up this early in the season, but a 39 point lead is a nice luxury to have.
I have a different controller for this track specifically.

Nemo9n

Name
Pre-Race Questions:
Nah bro im coming for him
Yep jordan for Ferrari
3. Monaco is renowned for being a very tight and challenging circuit. At which end of the risk versus reward spectrum will you be at?
Safer end for sure
Nah bol

El_Majacko

Name
Q: 7th
Put in the slowest lap all week. PB was a second faster (pole) and probably should have been 2nd row at least. Bottled!

R: 2nd
WTF!? Made my own mistake on lap 1 and broke my wing on OP at the hairpin. Lost a lot of time. In hindsight, if I was tacked on to the back of the lead group I probably would have won with undercut, as I would have known the gap behind. Instead I pit early for supers and a wing change, and undercut OP. Maz let me through surprisingly and I chased down the leaders as I was 5th at the time. Nemo and stewart pit which surprised me, but gave me a podium position. From there I closed down on dani and kart who had damage because of Mozza. I glimpsed the lead and had one chance at kart, before the group caught Mozza again, and he broke my wing. Dani lost out to kart, she let me through, but I had too much damage and fell back. I'm happy to have increased my championship lead and to have finished second, but the way it went down was unacceptable. Lapped cars must not impede the leaders.

kartdude45

Name
Q: Got 4th in the end my pb would have gotten pole easy but that's irrelevant since the pressure of not wanting to bin it got to me and alot of others and nemo did a fantastic job!

Race 1st. Honestly a crazy race, i would be here forever explaining it in detail, but all I can really say i feel like we need to seriously review blue flags, i know monaco is the worst for it but it was not on, and affected the top 4 at some stage. 

I hope we can get on with the racing the rest of the season incident free from blue flags, or ill just go race elsewhere, and this is comming from the guy who won, let alot the peoples races it ruined.