Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 6: Monaco - Circuit de Monaco (011Nov17 @ 7pm GMT)

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
Name
Aaron Webb
iRacing ID
Monaco.png

Division 1:
Session host is Michemery​
Qualifying starts at 7:00pm (UK time) followed by the race​

Division 2:
Session host is Macca​
Qualifying starts at 7:00pm (UK time) followed by the race​

Pre-Race Questions:
Division 1:
[ol]
[li]The new drivers were never far from controversy last race weekend. What do you make of the incidents, any comments on the drivers?[/li]
[li]Following on from the last question, how do you feel the driving this season in PRL Division 1 has been, and name a highlight of yours. [/li]
[li]Monaco is such a demanding track, most drivers struggle at the circuit, but some relish the tricky conditions. Who do you think will do well this race weekend, and why?[/li]
[/ol]
Division 2:
[ol]
[li]The next 2 tracks are strong wheel tracks. So is this a case of damaged limitations for you? Or are you going to maximise your opportunity.[/li]
[li]With the cars being wider in 2017, do you think there will be more crashes than normal at Monaco?[/li]
[li]How much of an issue are you expecting traffic to be in qualifying?[/li]
[/ol]

Smithy

Premium Member
Name
1. Personally i didnt see any footage of the incidents, and it is rare that a driver with good car control and speed is a bad and unclean racer, unless he chooses to be. All the new drivers showed they were very fast, Falcons lap was incredible! Hopefully no more incidents occur, their arrival has definitely spiced up the championship, carre and deki have some work on their hands now.
2. I think the driving has been debatable at times, but you have to take into consideration that overtaking is harder this year, and you get less chances to do so, so making a move when you can is crucial. But overall ive been impressed with the driving.
My best battle so far was with Kuba during russia, very respectful driving, not much he could do due to his setup, but i enjoyed trying to work a move.
3. Swithcblade will be on the podium - don't you dare disappoint me pal.

Name
1) I did not see any of the incidents but Michael Angelo seems very fast, and while I've had bad experiences on-track with ERL Falcon in the past, he seems to be very fast and driving well, so we'll see how it all goes.
2) Driving has been decent from my point of view, battles have looked good and incidents have not been too common. While all 3 of my races were plagued with incidents with other drivers, these were all racing incidents or lag/de-sync issues which are not a result of bad driving, just unfortunate circumstances.
3) I feel the people who are known to be mid-pack but consistent will finish much higher than they normal do as losing a part of your wing is almost always going to happen at Monaco. This track is probably my best track on the calendar when it comes to pace, however I will have to perform at my best to get a good result as consistency is normally where I struggle, but if all goes extremely well and others make mistakes then I could sneak a podium (the perfect race would have to take place for that to happen though).

deki106

Name
1. not saying sth about that
2. I had a great and intense battle against carre in Bahrain
3. falcon and carre will fight for the win
Michael Angelo will get third
I just hate the following tracks and with my operation and lots of exams coming up I might not be able to put any or at least less practice in there and I might not even be able to race

Name
deki106 said:
1. not saying sth about that
2. I had a great and intense battle against carre in Bahrain
3. falcon and carre will fight for the win
Michael Angelo will get third
I just hate the following tracks and with my operation and lots of exams coming up I might not be able to put any or at least less practice in there and I might not even be able to race

I wont be racing pal so i won't get 3rd. 

Oldskool3000

Premium Member
Name
1. Quite literally damage limitation for me. Montreal I'm fairly quick around though.
2. I think there will be a couple of incidents. I can see turn one and the hairpin being key areas.
3. I'm more concerned about being the traffic!

RacingAtHome

Name
The next 2 tracks are strong wheel tracks. So is this a case of damaged limitations for you? Or are you going to maximise your opportunity.
Not crashing will probably be the main aim for here, Canada and Baku.

With the cars being wider in 2017, do you think there will be more crashes than normal at Monaco?
Probably.

How much of an issue are you expecting traffic to be in qualifying?
Massive. 12 minutes for qualifying is ridiculous.

KillerBlue195

Premium Member
Name
1. The new drivers were never far from controversy last race weekend. What do you make of the incidents, any comments on the drivers?

I've not seen the incidents yet so couldn't possibly comment.

2. Following on from the last question, how do you feel the driving this season in PRL Division 1 has been, and name a highlight of yours. 

I think, generally, from what I've seen, racing has been good. It's isolated incidents causing problems rather than a running problem in my opinion.

I'm not sure I have any highlights really. I've just been trying to relax and enjoy the races and not get carried away. Qualifying 4th at Russia was a pleasant surprise as I hadn't practised until the day of the race, but I ended up crashing in the race anyway. I'd say last week for the best moment so far. Qualified 12th on the Mediums. Ran a solid one-stop and managed to finish 6th, ahead of Neyo, which is always nice  ;) :D  Had the opportunity to finish ahead of Smithy as well but couldn't get passed.

3. Monaco is such a demanding track, most drivers struggle at the circuit, but some relish the tricky conditions. Who do you think will do well this race weekend, and why?

Any wheel user will do well at Monaco so it's hard to look past Michemery for the win. I'm optimistic I can have a good race too because I've always gone well at Monaco for a pad user. I could have easily won at Monaco in Season 12 and Season 13 but didn't for reasons we shan't ever mention again  :D  and Season 14, I had a really good first half of the race in the wet. I was nowhere near Michemery's pace but I was a comfortable second until I disconnected. So I'm hopeful I can have a good race.

A

armytricks

Division 2:
The next 2 tracks are strong wheel tracks. So is this a case of damaged limitations for you? Or are you going to maximise your opportunity.
With the cars being wider in 2017, do you think there will be more crashes than normal at Monaco?
How much of an issue are you expecting traffic to be in qualifying?

1. I have a wheel, but I'm still embarrassingly slow around Monaco even with it, so yes, today is a case of damage limitation for me.
2. No, the handling feels more stable than F1 2016 and with the use of Medium/Full traction control I don't think many people will crash unless caused by overtaking incidents.
3. I doubt it will be a large issue since in the past few qualifying sessions, everyone seems to go out at different times. However, it won't be as easy to move out of the way for cars on hot-laps so I'm sure some people's laps will be ruined but it will be no-one's fault as there's no easy way to move out of the way at Monaco.

xjari-075

Name
1. I will be trying to maximise my oppotunities, as long as I dont crash.

2. I don't there will be more crashes.

3. i think traffic will be a big issue as there is not thaat much space on track, so it is hard to get out of the way for someone.