Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• RaceSpot broadcast information & paints

Hi Guest,

We recently updated the Broadcast information page under league information with the announcement of our new partnership with RaceSpot.

Note that RaceSpot is not using Trading Paints on their broadcast and all members will need to update their paints on RaceSpot.media.

Please consult the Broadcast information page for more details and procedures.

Round 6: Lime Rock Park - Classic (July 20)

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
Name
Aaron Webb
iRacing ID
Lime%20Rock%20Park%20-%20Classic.png

Race Time of day: 2020-07-18 19:15
Race Length: 45 minutes
Max Incidents: Drive through at 16x, DSQ at 24x
Max Fuel: [font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]33% (approx 10 gal./38 liters)[/font]
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 1

barryf1fan

Premium Member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Name
Barry Cochrane
iRacing ID
Anyone else do some practice around the Rock??  I'm finding this track a real challenge, even though it looks easy enough - for me it's not. :lol: 
I'm having a real struggle to get consistent times around here.  Can drop a mid 54." lap here and there, but generally in the 55's.  Is this a decent time? I was running some practice laps a couple nights ago and a few of the people running the Audi were doing low 56s and high 55's. :shock:  Three of the guys running GT4's (two were Cayman's and one an M4) were on track with me and I was faster than the M4, think the M4 driver was just kinda slow (like me, just a bit slower).  However, the two running the Cayman's were turning low 53's consistently...

I feel that some of our fast guys will be in the 52's, possibly the 51" range.  I'm not sure I want to be a moving chicane - being 3-5 seconds off the pace. :roll:  Especially around such a short track, you know??

Anyway, just wondering what kind of times I should be doing to not be a complete road block...  I mean, 107% of 52" is a 55.6" which I can just about do that somewhat consistently.  If our fast guys are in the 51's, or "GASP" even lower, well I just feel I may be completely out of my "league". :D

TheGreatC81

Premium Member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Name
David Cristelli
iRacing ID
barryf1fan said:
Anyone else do some practice around the Rock??  I'm finding this track a real challenge, even though it looks easy enough - for me it's not. :lol: 
I'm having a real struggle to get consistent times around here.  Can drop a mid 54." lap here and there, but generally in the 55's.  Is this a decent time? I was running some practice laps a couple nights ago and a few of the people running the Audi were doing low 56s and high 55's. :shock:  Three of the guys running GT4's (two were Cayman's and one an M4) were on track with me and I was faster than the M4, think the M4 driver was just kinda slow (like me, just a bit slower).  However, the two running the Cayman's were turning low 53's consistently...

I feel that some of our fast guys will be in the 52's, possibly the 51" range.  I'm not sure I want to be a moving chicane - being 3-5 seconds off the pace. :roll:  Especially around such a short track, you know??

Anyway, just wondering what kind of times I should be doing to not be a complete road block...  I mean, 107% of 52" is a 55.6" which I can just about do that somewhat consistently.  If our fast guys are in the 51's, or "GASP" even lower, well I just feel I may be completely out of my "league". :D

Don't worry about being a moving chicane. Most passes will happen on the front straight or going into T1. Lapped traffic should stay on the racing line, as always. So stay to the outside down the straight. Lapping cars may get up close behind to use your slipstream, but stay where you are and let them duck inside to get around. Then they can take a tight line in T1 and be set up for the left hander. If they get along side on the straight, but don't have the momentum to get clear, you can lift a little to facilitate the pass. Same goes for the rest of the circuit. If the lapped cars simply stay on their line, the lapping cars should be able to get around without issue. 

I'll also make an announcement about this before the race. It's not mandatory to follow my suggestions above, but if we're all on the same page things should go a lot smoother. 

TheGreatC81

Premium Member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Name
David Cristelli
iRacing ID
I think Mark just had a quick "Good luck, everyone." message at Barber. We don't always have something to say.

Mark Phile

Premium Member
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
Name
Mark Phile
iRacing ID
Gary Schilling said:
Ok, you know how inactive forums are and not everyone comes here on a regular basis.
Might not be a bad idea to have a quick briefing every race.

Ive done a pre race speech every week Gary? Not sure where you were but I definitely spoke about pit in and out at Barber, I gave a good luck to everyone, and  I always give the dont be a hero on lap one as well. Nobody wants to listen to some org bark for 10min of jibber jabber each week. This group does real well for them selves so I don’t feel the need to crack any wips. 

Dave it would be great if you can continue our norm speech, and yeah just add a little something about lappers if ya could 👍.

Good luck everyone, I have to miss tonight as I have family staying with me this week, see everyone next week! Oh and I will have the broadcast on in the living room so behave 🤣

ShadowNinjaPug

Premium Member
Name
Raymond Deux
iRacing ID
James,
Sorry for sideswiping your car at race start. My fault.

Stacy,
Sorry for hitting you in T1. I completed misjudged your entry speed resulting in the accident. I tried to get out of the way but unfortunately did not make it.

Ray

crooijmansf

Name
brian H, even tho 3 side by side in T1 lap 7 was spectacular and both of us got squeezed, i should have backed out, the opportunity was great, the action a 10 but i could have prevented it. sry

lafcam93

Name
James David
iRacing ID
Apologies to Andres Espinoza for this, well dive bomb looking move, but i assure you it wasn't my intention... i really miss my braking point that was ugly, hopefully you had the perfect reaction... Sorry again honestly... i'm happy to not have touched u.
Thanks to everyone i wasn't easy for the blue flag, in general a very good job!

lafcam93

Name
James David
iRacing ID
ShadowNinjaPug said:
James,

Stacy,
Sorry for hitting you in T1. I completed misjudged your entry speed resulting in the accident. I tried to get out of the way but unfortunately did not make it.

Ray
Yeah ! no prob Ray , i feel less ass hole for the Barber race... ahahahah

No hard feelings ! just sad you didn't make it tonight... The nurb will be yours!

Hothands13

Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Name
Brian Hotham
iRacing ID
crooijmansf said:
brian H, even tho 3 side by side in T1 lap 7 was spectacular and both of us got squeezed, i should have backed out, the opportunity was great, the action a 10 but i could have prevented it. sry

Yea, I had no where to go. No worries. It happens. Overall the race was clean from what I saw considering it was Limerock!  :D

ShadowNinjaPug

Premium Member
Name
Raymond Deux
iRacing ID
lafcam93 said:
ShadowNinjaPug said:
James,

Stacy,

Ray
Yeah ! no prob Ray , i feel less *** hole for the Barber race... ahahahah

No hard feelings ! just sad you didn't make it tonight... The nurb will be yours!
I wish, unfortunately I will be missing the next two races :( On family vacation.
Good racing all.

Stacy Hunter

Premium Member
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S3
Name
Stacy Hunter
iRacing ID
ShadowNinjaPug said:
James,

Stacy,

Ray

Ray,

No worries as it was just as much my fault as I may have been a tad slower entering as that is where everyone else was passing when lapping me and I was just going to give you the inside but slow enough not to go off into the grass.  I tried not to change my line/breaking by much however as I was breaking early in that corner throughout the whole race.  Sorry that we made contact.

Stacy